Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 8 of 10

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think Konsa will be, I'm not sure Diego Carlos is ready to start a game yet - but I'm curious as to why you think Konsa would be a disaster against Son - he's consistently amongst the defenders that are most difficult to dribble past in the league, often leading that particular statistic, he's positionally good and he has a fair bit of pace. If anything, Son would be the reason for moving Konsa out there rather than the other way around.

I think konsa at rb you saw glimpses of him being skinned. Leaving gaps i dont think he has the ball playing skill set to play rb. Also going forward would be non existant.

Sticking him up against son i personally feel would be a disaster 

We will win this, I'm certain.  Unai will not be outdone by Ryan **** Mason.

The recent games we've dropped points in were all away games, we haven't lost at home since Arsenal in Feb. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think Konsa will be, I'm not sure Diego Carlos is ready to start a game yet - but I'm curious as to why you think Konsa would be a disaster against Son - he's consistently amongst the defenders that are most difficult to dribble past in the league, often leading that particular statistic, he's positionally good and he has a fair bit of pace. If anything, Son would be the reason for moving Konsa out there rather than the other way around.

Exactly. It's Young I dread out there against Son, not Konsa. Ezri is one of the very best in the league at keeping people the right side of him, and Emery wants a more defensive fullback on one side. This does both. But you're right that Carlos' fitness will likely dictate this one. If we start with Young then we could be in trouble.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Who's the ref for the weekend?

If it's Mike Dean we may as well not turn up.

Yeah that would be beyond suspicious, given he retired last season.

Referee: Peter Bankes. 
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Nick Greenhalgh.
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor.
VAR: Jarred Gillett.
Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.

We've only had Bankes once this season. Opening day loss at Bournemouth.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anything11 said:

First time to Villa Park and seeing Villa live in a competitive match in 25 years of fandom. Managed to snipe a ticket in the Holte off the official site. Beats getting up at 2am to watch the match on tv.

I am beyond excited.

Nice work mate! Where are you based usually?

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Yeah that would be beyond suspicious, given he retired last season.

Referee: Peter Bankes. 
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Nick Greenhalgh.
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor.
VAR: Jarred Gillett.
Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.

We've only had Bankes once this season. Opening day loss at Bournemouth.

Too early to call him a word removed?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

The recent games we've dropped points in were all away games, we haven't lost at home since Arsenal in Feb. 

Now look what you've gone and done! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

If De Zerbi can get outdone by Dyche, then I think there's a chance Emery could come a cropped against Mason. Nothing is certain in this league and Spurs have improved since Mason took the helm. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anything11 said:

First time to Villa Park and seeing Villa live in a competitive match in 25 years of fandom. Managed to snipe a ticket in the Holte off the official site. Beats getting up at 2am to watch the match on tv.

I am beyond excited.

Delighted for you. And there's no better place to watch the Villa than from the famous Holte - End, trust me. Enjoy!

Tough one to call. Its absolutely our last chance to grab 7th and a place in the Conference League. But tha same goes for Spurs.

We absolutely have to win the game to have any hope, but they only need a draw, given the remaining fixtures and goal difference.

I'll be expecting a tight game and a raucous atmosphere but ultimately I doubt it will be a classic.

Recent performances have been poor and we never beat Spurs at home, and whilst I think we will fall short here, I am confident we can nick a point. 

Which is far better than any home game against this lot in many years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

If De Zerbi can get outdone by Dyche, then I think there's a chance Emery could come a cropped against Mason. Nothing is certain in this league and Spurs have improved since Mason took the helm. 

Sean Dyche has 273 games as a Premier League manager, Ryan Mason has *checks notes* ..... 10.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Spurs have conceded 35 goals away from home this season. That's averaging over 2 a game. Come on Villa. No more firing blanks.

And the only teams in the league to concede more than them all season....

Bournemouth, Forest and the Bottom 3.

These lot are terrible at the back.

We have to take advantage of this. Score early, and the floodgates could open.

Predicting Watkins will get his shooting boots back after consecutive weekend games with full recovery in between.

4-1 to us. Kane to get an obligatory late penalty to keep him relevant. 

Edited by MrBlack