Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

So frustrating. 

Ref has been a joke. Their fans all need a good slap and we've gifted them a cheap goal. 

Dominated that half, it just ain't dropped for us in front of goal. 

Don’t forget this is their cup final.

oh well I suppose they should mind the gap……

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Traore was worth bringing back for his previous goal contributions but he's not a long term option. He just isn't. Too slow.

That’s been an awful half from traore. First touch horrid, weak on the ball, no pace or trick to beat a man far to obvious he is going to cut back onto the left foot. Crossing has also been really bad as well.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Better side by a mile - we just need to be calmer in our final ball and our finishing.

Should have been a penalty late on.

Moreno and Traore's deliveries into the box have been poor - stay patient and we can still win this.

Yes. We are over complicating matters. Much the better team. 

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well there is some room within the rule for incidental contact but I’m just saying they didn’t call it because it was a deflection. I don’t agree with this call, fwiw.

I don't even think there's an allowance for incidental contact is there?

There's the rule that if you play it on to your own arm it's not given but other than that it's the natural / unnatural position nonsense

27 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

For me this game is a good barometer of how far away we could be from our expectations.

Brighton battered this Wolves team last weekend, and look like they could consistently beat anyone in the league other than the top 2. We are struggling against a shit Wolves team.

But we are in the top half with a world class manager who has only brought in one of his own players. The summer is key and I’m really excited about it. 

Wolves didn't bother to turn up last week against Brighton. There were abysmal.

4 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

We’ve been poor again in the final third but we’ve dominated. I’d think about subbing Bertrand off in the second half for Bailey. We can win this we just need to be calm when we are probing and not force things.

Calm heads needed, I agree.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Why does that **** matter. If a player chips it into his arm from there then it's given as a pen. Why does a deflection matter. His hand is in an illegal position and if not for his intervention we have a goal scoring opportunity. Like sure if it was deflected off his hand heading out to touch when it his hand so be it. But it was going to the edge of the 6 yard box. 

I agree. It should’ve been a pen. He was far enough to move his arm out of the way.

Much the better side, they've scored from one of only two attacks, and they've crammed their 6 yard box and 18 yard box with defenders since they scored.

Sa saved brilliantly rom Buendia,  Watkins missed a sitter. Buendia and Moreno trying to make things happen, just need the final ball/shot to be better.

Bert playing ok for me, some good passes, some sloppy play, typical or a winger.  Seems to me some people are looking for a scapegoat for the fact we are losing.   

Oh and that's one of e the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen,  McGinn gets stamped on and the foul goes to Wolves - I reckon he bottled it and changed his mind when he realised the crowd reaction to him blowing up.  Doesn't say much for his impartiality or competence. 

Edited by El Segundo

Just now, villa4europe said:

I don't even think there's an allowance for incidental contact is there?

There's the rule that if you play it on to your own arm it's not given but other than that it's the natural / unnatural position nonsense

I think it happened last year to us. A ball deflected off someone’s thigh and bounced into a players hand but the hand was like 10 inches from the thigh so it would’ve been ridiculous to call that a handball.

6 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

We've not been bad but we are losing and that's all that matters.

Buendia has been out best player. Traore and Dougie have been poor. Moreno not his usual self either.

Actually thought Dougie was one of our better players and why we’ve controlled most of the ball because of him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Cash would be useful at Right Wing in these kinds of games IMO.

It's also frustrating that Ollie hasn't really been getting any sort of service or involvement for the last few games.

If we had a fit Kamara her eI think it's a different game.

He hasn't had any service, but thy all need to move ON to the ball, and stand waiting for the pass.

Been saying for weeks that this match is going to be the hardest of our whole run in.  Wolves haven't conceded in 3 games at home and the crowd is spurring them on.

No idea how we haven't gotten an equalizer at least after that half.  Dominating possession and chance creation but can't find the net.  The players all still look tired and off pace.  This lack of squad depth/rotation is starting to hurt us now.  

We have options on the bench for once, so if we can grab an early goal in the 2nd half, I fancy us to win this.  

Also, the referees can fook right off.  All the matches where we've struggled are where the opposition can foul the hell out of our build up play with no repercussions.  Persistent fouling by the same players should result in yellow cards eventually, but it's almost like the refs are letting players rack up 5+ fouls before issuing a yellow now.  

• Like 1