The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

Jens Cajuste signed for Napoli. Can't get into the starting 11 for Sweden thou because Janne Andersson picks his favorites no matter form, league, playing time or opposition.

Sheffield United must be one of the most frustrating teams to support in the country, have they signed anyone of note?

Last season they went up with N'diaye, Berge and the two Man. City loanees McAtee and Tommy Doyle.

Don't have any of them and it's really a threadbare squad looking at Wiki. Seems for the weekend they'll be putting out upfront McBurnie and Rhian Brewster who's coming off a year out with an ACL.

Going to cost them though as they have Palace at home without Zaha and Olise so would be an ideal first game in other seasons and they also play Everton and Forest in next month so they should've been much better prepared.

Basically the equivalent of us coming up in 2019 and then selling Grealish and McGinn, not signing Mings and just relying on all of Chester, Adomah and Lansbury! We wouldn't have even got to 17 points in that scenario.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I genuinely don't understand how Chelsea aren't shafted by FFP.  I know there'll be something saying they aren't, but I can't get my head round it.

Haven’t they sold Loads of academy players the last few years? Mount, Loftus-Cheek, Ampadu, Gilmour, Tammy, Tomori, Guehi. Probably has something to do with it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I genuinely don't understand how Chelsea aren't shafted by FFP.  I know there'll be something saying they aren't, but I can't get my head round it.

The illegal 7 year contracts are helping them too

All these big money signings this season and I'm not really worried about any of them? Fabinho and Henderson are finished but going from them at their peak a couple of years ago to MacAllister and Caicedo, and £150m for the privilege too seems like such a downgrade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Caicedo to the scousers for paltry sum of £110m....Good job that they ruled themselves out due to finance of the cheaper Bellingham 

That’s mad when you think about it. Unless Bellingham just didn’t want to go there.