"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Open it from 11:00 for a 15:00 kick off - first come first served - £6.00 in, no free programme and no free drinks and you'll end up with the biggest drinkers in the Upper Holte - it'll become a badge of honour - I was in the TV, I started drinking with the boys early - the place for the most loyal - and you know what? I don't think that would make much less money than the current set up.

When I completed the survey, the above is roughly what I thought would be offered and I tailored my answers (mostly favourable) accordingly. I hoped for £5 entrance fee, perhaps 50p extra per pint or £10 entry to include one drink. I certainly didn't envisage a £480 charge to include 38 drinks, 19 lanyards and programmes. 

• Like 2

I think one of the issues is, if they upgrade the facilities in the Upper Holte to what they should already be (quick access to beers, decent loos, good food quality and quick service) many of the reasons for accessing the Terrace View are diminished.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Open it from 11:00 for a 15:00 kick off - first come first served - £6.00 in, no free programme and no free drinks and you'll end up with the biggest drinkers in the Upper Holte - it'll become a badge of honour - I was in the TV, I started drinking with the boys early - the place for the most loyal - and you know what? I don't think that would make much less money than the current set up.

Yep exactly this, I think it was a fiver last yr to get into The Social down the road. £6 to be at the stadium, create an atmosphere in there, it would get packed.

40 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Not that bad if that's your usual thing. But many might not want to drink two pints and lots don't buy the programme. And all to the detriment of the other Holte Enders.

Exactly, it’s not a bad price per game with the free drinks, but make it first come first served. Making people buy it for the whole season is just ludicrous. They would’ve had more people going in on a game by game basis.

• Like 1

Available on a match by match basis and ideally pre-bookable on a simple app (wouldn't want to arrive an hour early only to find it full), £15 to include one drink voucher or £20 to include two drinks is the absolute maximum value point for me to consider attending up to half a dozen times per season as a treat. Although, I do appreciate that others will have different price points.

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

Available on a match by match basis and ideally pre-bookable on a simple app (wouldn't want to arrive an hour early only to find it full), £15 to include one drink voucher or £20 to include two drinks is the absolute maximum value point for me to consider attending up to half a dozen times per season as a treat. Although, I do appreciate that others will have different price points.

The suggestion to do it by game would also mean you get the people in there  that want to be there on that day  and will likely spend more there than someone who just happens to be there (again...) just because that was the only way they could get a ticket.

It's a much better model surely.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MrBlack said:

It's really quite sad. They just got it so so wrong.

They can't exactly get rid of it now. They could just open it up as a free access area, but there not making money off that.

Upgrade the rest of the upper holte to be self-serve auto in out and they make some of the money back in speed of service and selling more. But then TTV area becomes even less appealing.  I just don't know what they're thinking. 

Squeeze as much money out of the old girl to keep with the FFP rules?

And if you are a traditional old-school fan go swivel, we have plenty more lining up to replace you.

9 hours ago, brommy said:

I'd be happy to pay £10 entry, £15 with 1 drink or £20 with 2 drinks. 

For me, the 2 key things are:

- i could buy it game by game depending on who i was coming to the game with, sometimes just 2 tickets, sometimes 6 tickets. Sometimes with the lads, sometimes with kids or family.

- i don't lose my season ticket waiting list spot just because i paid for entry to a drinking lounge.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Surprised (and not) that the pricing of the TV tickets is so high for the conference league qualifier match given the underlying "nornal" ticket price is a lot lower than premier league matches.

What price for the Hibs match?

On 23/08/2023 at 08:50, The Fun Factory said:

Squeeze as much money out of the old girl to keep with the FFP rules?

And if you are a traditional old-school fan go swivel, we have plenty more lining up to replace you.

That seems to be the attitude, tradgically our former CEO had no connection with the club or Birmingham itself and his former employers, particularly Chelsea, have a completely different income and expenditure level, as does he. It was like employing a basket ball player to fit out a caravan. Fortunately he’s gone now but has left a mess to sort out. We just want to watch a football match and have a beer, it isn’t that complicated. If you could Chuck in a pie and a few chips too, happy days! We’re not and don’t want to be sophisticated modern fans, whatever they are? 

• Like 1

On 22/08/2023 at 13:58, OutByEaster? said:

And the bogs will be swimming in piss by 1:30pm!

On 22/08/2023 at 08:33, DCJonah said:

I know it can't be the same but when you go to some U.S stadiums it's unreal how different it is. I went to the the Colorado baseball stadium last summer and the amount of options and ease to get food and drink was mind blowing. Like I said, it can't be that level but there's got to be an in-between. 

I had no idea we had a baseball team out here! 

9 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

P. P. H. Purslow’s Plastic Holte

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Purslow's Vanity Project - part VII.

Hahaha.  Yes.  Or WWOM - Wesley's waste of money. Or NNH - Nassefs Nobs Hut. Like it.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’re not and don’t want to be sophisticated modern fans, whatever they are? 

Who is "we" and who decided that you can speak for all fans?

• Like 2

Â