"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not quite the same is it though Sid?

It's another spectacular disaster by Larry Limelight. No one else's mate.

So a major change to the stadium was not signed off by the board? 

And the board had no interest in doing something to drive up revenue? 

The only think keeping Purslow in the limelight is the constant references to him on here. I personally can't wait for his name to dissappear but for some reason people keep bringing his name up. 

• Like 1

It does annoy me to be honest because it appears that Claret Members do not get the chance to get the odd seat in the Upper Holte. My daughter is a member and she used to sit near me when the odd spare seat came up for sale. Not possible now esp for Premiership games.

Would have been much better for everyone on the Upper Holte to have spent the money on updating the current facilities. Just gives me the feeling that its being marketed like a "Virgin Experience" package.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The only think keeping Purslow in the limelight is the constant references to him on here. I personally can't wait for his name to dissappear but for some reason people keep bringing his name up. 

They employed the CEO to carry out the duties of the company and signing off deals. They left him to run the place basically like CEO's are meant to do. They shouldn't have had to have held his hand and babysat him while on the job to make sure he was doing it correctly.

It's funny how you and a cluster of others on here broke land speed records on here to constantly defend him.

And now again, wanting all the bad men and critism to go away. "Make it stop".

How the chancer got and still gets a free pass on here by a select few is nothing short of bewilderment.

If he had not been at the centre of so many f*** up's and was actually worth his salt then he wouldn't have been managed out of the company like he was by NasWes.

CEO. Ha! - Nothing more than a glorified secretary in a dinner jacket.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

It does annoy me to be honest because it appears that Claret Members do not get the chance to get the odd seat in the Upper Holte. My daughter is a member and she used to sit near me when the odd spare seat came up for sale. Not possible now esp for Premiership games.

Would have been much better for everyone on the Upper Holte to have spent the money on updating the current facilities. Just gives me the feeling that its being marketed like a "Virgin Experience" package.

This! Me & my boys have sat in the upper holte as members for few seasons now doing maybe 5 games. Can't get tickets up there now...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

How does rebuilding the North Stand create more space in the upper Holte concourse Dem? - The point being space that was there has been cordoned off for TV people.

I meant in terms of more seating so if you are unhappy with the lack of space in the holte you can go there when its built.

Not ideal but its a option if its that much of a issue!

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Definitely no hate from me as that's not the type of person I am, well maybe at a nonphysical level towards Trump and Rees-Mogg.😆 Despite a couple of media mentions, I did not witness any animosity towards VTL fans during the Everton game, although in fairness, I sit in row 12, fairly central and surrounded by, mostly very long term, season ticket holders (as discussed - the vast majority of which did not take the VTL expense on), so I was distant from the seating areas where most of the 'new' VTL fans were likely situated.

I did take a 5 second peak through a door briefly held open by security staff upon my exiting of the Everton game. The lounge looked decent and much cleaner than the reduced concourse area was. Hopefully that will be rectified before the Hibs game.

After sitting in the exact same seats with my family and friends group since the Upper Holte opened in December 1994, I can confirm I won't be taking your suggestion of a change of seat.

The term 'distress' you used is far too strong a word. 'Annoyed' at paying more money for the loss of space, toilet, drink and food facilities to create what many fans see as an overpriced, undersubscribed and thus oversized lounge, might be a better description and understandable to most.

Football finances show that whilst not insignificant, income generated from ticket sales and hospitality is dwarfed by other income streams, primarily television rights. In my opinion, any increase in revenue from the Holte Upper should have been created from the lounge (leading to an inevitable loss of space and facilities for the majority) OR an increase in season ticket and match ticket prices. Instead we've been hit with both significant price increases AND a significant decrease in space and facilities. I suppose a smaller lounge (half the size and half the loss in space/facilities) and smaller rise (say 5% instead of 16% for STs and even higher for match day tickets) would have been more palatable.

Yeah thats fair enough if you have had the seat for so long. I get why you would be annoyed to be fair 

Not sure what your options are as i doubt the club will do anything about it unless no one pays money for the service and  they abolish it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, limpid said:

Who is "we" and who decided that you can speak for all fans?

Sorry feel free to be sophisticated as much as you want. My personal opinion entirely. You’re right to distance yourself from such an unsophisticated dummy. Elite away as much as you want. I’m sure a champagne section was planned, probably shelved now since Champagne Charlie has left. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I meant in terms of more seating so if you are unhappy with the lack of space in the holte you can go there when its built.

Not ideal but its a option if its that much of a issue.

Let's say i'm a season ticket holder and i've sat in the same place for 10+ years and I get someone from Villa, like you, on the phone telling me if I don't like it, just move to a different area.. I would throw my season ticket at you!

Why should fans have to suffer and their experience altered or location swapped, when they possibly didn't even ask for any of this Holte End fiasco in the first place!

That's not the answer you want to be giving to a pack of pissed off Villans imo.

• Like 3

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Let's say i'm a season ticket holder and i've sat in the same place for 10+ years and I get someone from Villa, like you, on the phone telling me if I don't like it, just move to a different area.. I would throw my season ticket at you!

Why should fans have to suffer and their experience altered or location swapped, when they possibly didn't even ask for any of this Holte End fiasco in the first place!

That's not the answer you want to be giving to a pack of pissed off Villans imo.

You didnt ask for it but your not the owners of the club. Whether we like it or not they bought club and can do as they please.

You say you would throw the ticket but would you? Even if you did they have so many on the waiting list they can replace you with someone else.

Sorry if thats coming across as harsh but thats the reality of the situation.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah thats fair enough if you have had the seat for so long. I get why you would be annoyed to be fair 

Not sure what your options are as i doubt the club will do anything about it unless no one pays money for the service and  they abolish it?

My suggestions of much varying likelihood -

Open it to all. See it as a concourse revamp and an increase in standards financed by the significant increase in season ticket and match ticket costs.

Fill it to capacity which should partially reduce the stress on the reduced space, toilets and facilities on the remaining reduced concourse. Perhaps by offering £3 entry 90 to 60 minutes before kickoff and £5 entry for 60 to 0 minutes prior to kick off which could see the 1000 capacity reached and encourage fans to arrive early, increasing drink and food revenue whilst also reducing traffic issues.

Refurbish the reduced concourse area including quicker drink and food ordering (as already seen in the Lower Holte) and increasing the number of toilets available.

Freeze Holte End Upper season ticket and match day prices for a couple of seasons to reflect the imposed reduced facilities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It’s simple, anything that’s done bad was or is Purslow’s doing and his alone, anything good was achieved when Nas and Wes looked at Purslow’s Outlook calendar and saw that he had a dental appointment*. That was the only time anything positive could took place. It’s amazing these two successful billionaires put up with such incompetence for so many years. Makes you wonder why they didn’t take action sooner as he was clearly so ineffective. 

* Of course the Outlook calendar entry said “Dental appointment” but the suspicion throughout the club was Purslow was secretly finding a quiet meeting room where he could practice his “Christian Gerrard” signature over and over again. From what I understand, to make sure he was nowhere near the scene when Luiz signed his contract extension, the club made sure there was a full stock of heart shaped post-it notes and plenty of highlighter pens in various colours to ensure Purslow was busy and out of the way.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s simple, anything that’s done bad was or is Purslow’s doing and his alone, anything good was achieved when Nas and Wes looked at Purslow’s Outlook calendar and saw that he had a dental appointment*. That was the only time anything positive could took place. It’s amazing these two successful billionaires put up with such incompetence for so many years. Makes you wonder why they didn’t take action sooner as he was clearly so ineffective. 

* Of course the Outlook calendar entry said “Dental appointment” but the suspicion throughout the club was Purslow was secretly finding a quiet meeting room where he could practice his “Christian Gerrard” signature over and over again. From what I understand, to make sure he was nowhere near the scene when Luiz signed his contract extension, the club made sure there was a full stock of heart shaped post-it notes and plenty of highlighter pens in various colours to ensure Purslow was busy and out of the way.

Well done and well written. Definitely 'E' for effort that.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, brommy said:

Open it to all. See it as a concourse revamp and an increase in standards financed by the significant increase in season ticket and match ticket costs.

Fill it to capacity which should partially reduce the stress on the reduced space, toilets and facilities on the remaining reduced concourse. Perhaps by offering £3 entry 90 to 60 minutes before kickoff and £5 entry for 60 to 0 minutes prior to kick off which could see the 1000 capacity reached and encourage fans to arrive early, increasing drink and food revenue whilst also reducing traffic issues.

Refurbish the reduced concourse area including quicker drink and food ordering (as already seen in the Lower Holte) and increasing the number of toilets available.

Freeze Holte End Upper season ticket and match day prices for a couple of seasons to reflect the imposed reduced facilities.

What a sensible set of suggestions, want a job? Apply to Aton Villa Fc. Trinity Road, B6. 

I hope that someone with influence and power at the club reads your suggestions and acts on them. Nothing but simple and may I risk saying unsophisticated suggestions. Thanks Brummy. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, brommy said:

Sorry to break it to you but Tickets will be going up again next season by a minimum of 10%. As long as there is such a big waiting list they will continue to go up. 

I also personally don’t buy this facilities argument either. As long as the owners keep ploughing all the money into the team and into supporting Emery then they have the justification to continue putting up ticket prices. 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sorry feel free to be sophisticated as much as you want. My personal opinion entirely. You’re right to distance yourself from such an unsophisticated dummy. Elite away as much as you want. I’m sure a champagne section was planned, probably shelved now since Champagne Charlie has left. 

Perhaps you could use "I" when it's a personal opinion.

I think everyone in the Holte is a sophisticated fan, otherwise why would they be there?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Good suggestions but i think if you freeze pricea for upper holte you just know other ST holders sitting in other areas will kick up a stick that thwir prices havent been frozen. 

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

Sorry to break it to you but Tickets will be going up again next season by a minimum of 10%. As long as there is such a big waiting list they will continue to go up. 

I also personally don’t buy this facilities argument either. As long as the owners keep ploughing all the money into the team and into supporting Emery then they have the justification to continue putting up ticket prices. 

As I posted, they were my suggestions of much varying likelihood, so whilst another price increase is not inevitable (perhaps less inevitable for the 'wronged' Upper HolteEnders), I accept it is unfortunately likely, so definitely no need for you to apologise.

You 'not buying this facilities argument' and the club possibly not addressing it, doesn't negate the issue or undermine the strength of argument based on the factual reduction of facilities for the vast majority of fans in the Upper Holte.

56 minutes ago, brommy said:

That pretty much sums up what I thought it would be. A bar for existing Upper Holte supporters to pay a bit more to get there early and have drinks pre-match in nicer surroundings than the existing concourses. An alternative to going to the pub pre match and to encourage the fans to spend their money in the ground rather than down the road.

The kind of place you wouldn't mind sitting down and spending an hour or two pre-game (which is not what the concourses are designed to do). Turn up in the usual way through normal turnstile, go to HETV, tap debit/credit card at the door for the entrance fee and go in.

The club were always trying to get fans into the stadium early and that would tick all the boxes. Something that would enhance the experience for existing Holte End ticket holders who wish to enter the ground early for a reasonable price whilst increasing the club's opportunity for volume food and drink sales.

Instead what we've been given is a hospitality facility for anyone who is in a position to splash the cash to attend (including football tourists and, I suspect, covert away fans) at the detriment (see examples in earlier posts) of the existing Holte End ticket holders who have all had to stomach a sizeable ticket price increase.

It was never going to go down well, was it?

• Like 3

Â