FAB Meeting 20/04/2023

OutByEaster?

31 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Don't buy that argument anymore, there's lots of companies taking advantage of folk at the mo and I have the choice to avoid this rogering. I miss going to every game but I'm in no rush to get back at that expense. We can agree to disagree this time. 

I don't disagree that it's eye-wateringly expensive. Or indeed that it's terribly sad that people are being priced out. It's a disgrace really when you look at the billions sloshing round the game. 

My point is purely that it's not a rip off.  If we were the most expensive, or even in the top 4 I would agree, but we're really just paying the market price for a club of our stature. 

Many people would love to get down the Villa regardless of cost, there will always be fans...

This is about improvement and with improvement there is a cost. 

I only managed my first match in several years against Forest as I live outside of England; if I still lived in Brum pretty certain I'd be there every home match.

Some of you are lucky it is on your doorstep.

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't disagree that it's eye-wateringly expensive. Or indeed that it's terribly sad that people are being priced out. It's a disgrace really when you look at the billions sloshing round the game. 

My point is purely that it's not a rip off.  If we were the most expensive, or even in the top 4 I would agree, but we're really just paying the market price for a club of our stature. 

MOMS made a good point that part of the clubs perceived necessity for these rises is to keep up revenue wise with the top clubs. Of course many of those revenues are being inflated by Saudi/Abu Dhabi nation states, so average fans are facing the real cost of the inflation their money is bringing into the game. 

PL is doing everything it can to avoid an independent regulator in the game but all of us fans should do all we can to insist on it for many reasons but this is another to throw on the pile. 

On 21/04/2023 at 20:13, OutByEaster? said:

It does also beg the question on the experience for the other 5,000 Upper Holte Enders, the ones with no access to that facility, and no more middle level of the Upper Holte in which to congregate - they'll be restricted to the upper, Upper Holte concourse only and while the club are working to try to bring some of the cleverer stuff from the Lower Holte kiosks up there to help balance that off a bit - for me, it feels like it'll have some impact - one sixth of the people removed and one half of the space - but I don't sit in the Upper Holte and it could just be that my gut feeling is completely wrong.

this is my concern. the upper holte concourses, both levels, are not huge areas. not too cramped, but not exactly vast spaces. if they're bringing in this new bar area, that's going to disperse a number of non-GA+ fans around the holte and make the rest of the area much busier

it's not for me. you still can't sit and watch a game with a pint in your hand, so kinda don't see the point.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Gate receipts don't represent a large revenue percentage for big clubs. Even less reason for them to be fleecing loyal fans who then up every week. 

As Tesco say, every little helps. 

Take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves etc. Etc. 

On 21/04/2023 at 20:29, Davkaus said:

PL clubs pleading poverty while they wring every penny they can out while paying people 6 figures a week. Cry me a **** river.

Can't believe they've got the nerve to put the prices up so much two years in a row, but people will pay it. It's been many a year since I had a ST, but two big hikes in a row *and* they're taking away the cup ticket? They're taking advantage of the Emery miracle to fleece people from every angle they can.

They lost me as even a casual match-going fan when you needed to pay for a membership for a chance to buy a ticket, and the greed just increases each season. Shame it arrives with such an upturn in our fortunes (and I'm sure they'll stress there's no coincidence there), but they've priced me out, not so much purely in economic terms, I could justify the odd ticket, but it's got to the point I'm fed up of feeling like I've had my trousers pulled down every time I go to a game.

The greed of the Premier League is as disgusting as it is relentless, **** the lot of them.

I earn modestly but significantly over the UK average wage, have no kids, and I can't justify going to a game. i honestly don't know how people do it. I've given up on ever going to see the men's team play at Villa Park in anything other than League Cup 2nd round or FA Cup 3rd round until we're relegated again. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

By winning the game that gives us more points each place in the table is worth about 1.2 million.  We come top 6 we get loads more income than finishing 17th.

They have now got the manager for this but milking the fans 2 seasons running and justifying it with bullshit reasons is way off the mark by the club.

Those home fans that go to odd games too are being fleeced when it's only £30 for away fans.

Fans across the country should unite and make a stand as prices will keep going up.

I've not been able to buy an away ticket since the £30 maximum was introduced. I rely on the ballot every week unsuccessfully. Low prices are great for a loyal and committed group of fans, they can seemingly exclude others not lucky enough to attend every week. 

The same is also true for home games. It's pretty much impossible now to sit in the Holte if you are not a season ticket holder, I'm lucky enough to be one.

I'll never be one to advocate higher prices but think it's important to also show that they bring some benefits.

Edited by cheltenham_villa
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I've not been able to buy an away ticket since the £30 maximum was introduced. I rely on the ballot every week unsuccessfully. Low prices are great for a loyal and committed group of fans, they can seemingly exclude others not lucky enough to attend every week. 

The same is also true for home games. It's pretty much impossible now to sit in the Holte if you are not a season ticket holder, I'm lucky enough to be one.

I'll never be one to advocate higher prices but think it's important to also show that they bring some benefits.

I get it's supply and demand and hopefully the games will still sell out but I am feeling sorry for those priced out of it.

The next generation are important we need to allow all families to attend not just the wealthy.

11 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Those of us living outside of the midlands or working in highly paid industries probably see things differently to those that are hard up and struggling to keep up with prices. I dont have any other major expenses bar a fixed rate mortgage, i only have the 1 ST also, those with multiple ST's, rising rents, real term pay cuts etc must be mad at the club.

I live outside the midlands and its no easy for us either, its not just a midlands problem its a problem throughout the UK with cost of living

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Its been like this for years not just now. your paying for a service we enjoy

Completely agree. Times are tough and people have had their wallets squeezed, but we can’t expect the club to carry additional expenses. I have the upmost sympathy for anyone who can’t afford to go anymore - I still have a season card but the cost of travel from Devon means that I only make 12/13 of the fixtures a season now.

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Completely agree. Times are tough and people have had their wallets squeezed, but we can’t expect the club to carry additional expenses. I have the upmost sympathy for anyone who can’t afford to go anymore - I still have a season card but the cost of travel from Devon means that I only make 12/13 of the fixtures a season now.

Yeah thats the issue for those that dont live in brum they have to pay for the extra travel on top of season ticket increase like yourself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I live outside the midlands and its no easy for us either, its not just a midlands problem its a problem throughout the UK with cost of living

I think its exacerbated in the midlands though, a lot of jobs there are not service based and many smaller businesses so job turnover and pay rises likely to be a lot less. Im from the midlands but live down south now and the economy is much more mixed and dynamic down here, sure people struggle everywhere but its much easier to move around and get pay rises that way.

It is an utter nonsense putting prices up in the central upper north. The facilities are dated and cramped- that is why this is due to be demolished.

And as I sit in the Upper Holte I am looking forward to another above inflation price hike, and now will be losing half of the concourse area?

Thanks very much Villa.

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

As Tesco say, every little helps. 

Take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves etc. Etc. 

Many a mickle maks the muckle, don’t eat yellow snow and never tie a goat to a willow tree. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Many a mickle maks the muckle, don’t eat yellow snow and never tie a goat to a willow tree. 

do not wipe your arse on a broken bottle

• Haha 3

On 21/04/2023 at 19:11, blandy said:

I get that costs etc…but the price increases and reduction of concession discounts and so on are really tough and unsympathetic. I mean they lost me with this season’s price increase of around 50% and I wonder how many more they will lose as a consequence of these further increases. Essentially the argument seems to be “other clubs charge way too much, so we will too, because we can”. I’d like it if the FAB, not just at Villa, but at all clubs kind of pushed for similar to the away ticket price limit for home tickets, too. This rampant ticket price inflation is, or will be, counter productive. All those TV billions and still…

The U-14 prices are the one commendable aspect.

Other than that, thanks for the update, Scott.

I am not arguing with any of that Pete, but......I would say " Other clubs charge what they do, and we must compete"...thats the sad reality....its a competitive world we live in.

I suspect we have had a low ticketing price in the past, and its now, we have to catch up.....I am no expert on these things, but it is "supply and demand" at work here.

The club will naturally, be aware of their timing, and will capitalize on the most opportune moment, as we all would if we was running the club.

I think the facts remain, that if we want the best manager, the best facilities ( to be improved) the best players.....it has to be paid for.

Naturally, we all feel for those fans, who can't afford it.

Â