FAB Meeting 20/04/2023

OutByEaster?

On 23/04/2023 at 08:57, S-Platt said:

I get it's supply and demand and hopefully the games will still sell out but I am feeling sorry for those priced out of it.

The next generation are important we need to allow all families to attend not just the wealthy.

I wouldn't call folk who can afford to get a ticket, wealthy.....maybe they only have one hobby, and prioritise Villa.....some folk have several pastimes and may have to compromise.

Its so difficult to comment on the whole fan base as there are so many varying circumstances.

There are those folk who genuinely are on the edge financially, and its hard not to feel for them.....I also fear for the kids, the next generation may lose out in a family, situation....where the "old man" has to leave them behind

Its not easy to square the circle.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Not very happy with the GA+ idea. If it is to offer another facility which you can pay for fine, but not removing half of the space of what you already have and then demanding that you have to cough up to use it.

Not sure if it exists or is possible but access to The Holte Suite from the inside of The Holte should be a priority for extra space and so on.

On 21/04/2023 at 20:13, OutByEaster? said:

On the changes to the Upper Holte End - you can see the detail on it in the planning application documents on page 209 of the ground development thread here:

And having seen those plans and the fly throughs we were shown last night, I've got to say it looks like a really nice facility - bars, food, seating areas, a modern pub feel, like one of those big modern city centre places with the long wood tables, seating around the sides, lounge areas, a view onto the pitch and the outside balcony - it's going to be a very nice place to be if you want to see a game.

The "but" to that sentence though comes in that it will be a ticketed venue, they call it GA+ at the moment - you'll need to buy in; either as a bolt-on addition to your season ticket, or as a bolt-on to a match ticket in the Upper Holte, so there will be a cost associated.

If that cost were for example, set at £10 a game (a complete guess by me) then with the increase to the current season ticket price and that extra upgrade, an upper Holte End Season ticket holder looking to GA+ their season ticket and get access for the entire season might be looking at the thick end of an extra three hundred pounds on top of this years season ticket price.

The clubs pricing will of course be driven by demand, and what I think is good news is that you will need an Upper Holte End ticket to get in - you don't buy into the Holte by being GA+, you need to start by being in the Upper Holte - so that's 6,000 people, for a new area with a capacity of around 1,000. It means no access from the Lower Holte End to either the lounge or the balcony, but it will mean that for a chunk of people, the Upper Holte End experience will be much improved - and no one gets moved out of their seat to make room for Ga+ folks.

I'd guess, some of those 1,000 spots will be available as GA+ Upper Holte season tickets, some of those spots will be available for existing regular season ticket holders as one off match-by-match upgrades, then I guess they'd be on sale to members who bought a ticket in the Upper Holte, then to friends of season ticket holders in the Upper Holte, then to general sale - that regular ticket hierarchy.

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling an awful lot of the Upper Holte is currently season ticket holders, so it might end up being quite difficult if you fancy inviting a friend who isn't a season ticket holder or member to the Upper Holte lounge for a one off game - and certainly for the first couple of games next season, I think those tickets will be gold dust.

It does also beg the question on the experience for the other 5,000 Upper Holte Enders, the ones with no access to that facility, and no more middle level of the Upper Holte in which to congregate - they'll be restricted to the upper, Upper Holte concourse only and while the club are working to try to bring some of the cleverer stuff from the Lower Holte kiosks up there to help balance that off a bit - for me, it feels like it'll have some impact - one sixth of the people removed and one half of the space - but I don't sit in the Upper Holte and it could just be that my gut feeling is completely wrong.

Having said all that, it really does look like a terrific facility and if I were sat in that part of the ground, I'd want to get into there as often as I could afford - it'll be brilliant on matchdays.

It will be interesting to see how this works. It’s already busy to get a drink/food during half time or even before the game unless really early, so could imagine it will be even busier now if you don’t have the ga+ ticket.

• Like 1

They've said it won't happen yet, but anyone want to bet against them making it a condition of purchasing seats? I give it a couple of years after them bringing GA+ in that suddenly there's an unforeseen logistical problem of thousands of people trying to get to this new place, and x thousand seats immediately around the new and improved wealthier fan sanctuary are GA+ only seats, so either stump up or sit somewhere else.

Edited by Davkaus

I hadn't clocked the removal of cup games.

The joke about this is that we've been shit at cups for decades now. 

Feels like we've had about 6 home cups games in the last 10 years. So as a freebie it's never been worth much anyway.

To remove it when we finally have a cup manager (let's ignore this season for now), and a team that might actually progress... just smacks of profiteering.

Double whammy when you're paying more for less. 

They're really testing the waters with these proposals.

4 hours ago, andycv said:

@OutByEaster?Is the upper Holte GA+ planned to be opened for next season?

Yes. 

Which I would think means that there might be an opportunity for Upper Holte End Season ticket holders to purchase it as a whole season option when the season tickets go on sale in the very near future.

4 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Not sure if it exists or is possible but access to The Holte Suite from the inside of The Holte should be a priority for extra space and so on.

There is existing access from the Holte concourse into the Holte Suite, but I don't think it's used - I think there's a chance that the Holte Suite will become a ticketed facility at some point in the future too, so I'd be surprised if they're looking to make it more open.

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They've said it won't happen yet, but anyone want to bet against them making it a condition of purchasing seats? I give it a couple of years after them bringing GA+ in that suddenly there's an unforeseen logistical problem of thousands of people trying to get to this new place, and x thousand seats immediately around the new and improved wealthier fan sanctuary are GA+ only seats, so either stump up or sit somewhere else.

I think that only happens if it's the other way - if there aren't enough people in the Upper Holte that want to pay to access the GA+ offer.

If that happens (and I don't think it will) and there are people that want to access it but they sit in the Lower Holte or other parts of the ground, then I think they'll restrict the sale of single match seats in the Upper Holte to GA+ only, so that season ticket holders aren't affected but every other seat is only on sale at the GA+ price - at the moment though, there are no plans to move anyone out to make way for GA+ buyers.

I think there are probably enough non-season ticket holder seats in the Upper Holte to mean that there isn't a big threat to season ticket holders in this way anyway.

Although the word "initially" here is slightly ominous...

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Although the word "initially" here is slightly ominous...

it looks very smart, but one question from my side is how they will police the consumption of alcohol purchased prior to the game and at half time when the game kicks off/restarts? unless i've missed a change to the legislation, it's illegal to watch live top flight football whilst consuming alcohol

i fear that if i'm correct, there will be a few buying this add on thinking they can sit in this area and watch the game with a pint in their hand that are going to be disappointed

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it looks very smart, but one question from my side is how they will police the consumption of alcohol purchased prior to the game and at half time when the game kicks off/restarts? unless i've missed a change to the legislation, it's illegal to watch live top flight football whilst consuming alcohol

i fear that if i'm correct, there will be a few buying this add on thinking they can sit in this area and watch the game with a pint in their hand that are going to be disappointed

I don't think the intention will be to have anyone watch games from within the lounge, the expectation would be that they'd go to their seats.

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I doubt there will be a view of the pitch, you can watch it on a screen I guess. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think the intention will be to have anyone watch games from within the lounge, the expectation would be that they'd go to their seats.

this suggests otherwise. i guess at this stage you're just registering your interest and further details will be provided

Enjoy the 90 minutes of match action in the heart of the Holte End

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I doubt there will be a view of the pitch, you can watch it on a screen I guess. 

i suspect this is indeed the case. but my point is that it's misleading

could just be me that reads it this way of course

Â