Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/23 at 22:59

Some on social media giving Ashley Young pelters for their goal (saying he's too old blah, blah, blah).  Perspective here, Barnes' first touch was probably the best first touch he's ever produced in his career and would've skinned any fullback in the world.  Literally took a touch inside that was perfectly weighted so he could accelerate into the space.  Ditto for the placement of his shot - the only place he could've put it where no keeper can save it.  

IMHO Young was excellent today against a very good player.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Barnes took his goal very, very well but did Emi have another save to make?

His save with his foot when that Barnes shot deflected off Mings was absolutely incredible 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Think when you have a spell of games where you are running on adrenaline and emotion and get a few good results ( Gerrard coming in ) you can’t sustain that because it’s basically just dust - nothing of real substance their and novelty can’t be maintained. That goes, and then what do you have. What we are seeing now is seriously professional coaching and incredible detail. That does last and you can sustain it . 

No reactions left but superbly put!

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I thought he had left the triple sub at least 10 mins too late… but what do I know 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure to be honest, Bailey was on too long IMO. He gave nothing positive all night.

A Bert wonder strike doesn't mean we couldn't have played better.

After Traore came on I was thinking, "Wouldn't it be a great time for one of Bertie's sublime bits of skill, like his casual pass into the net against West Brom."  Almost posted it in the match thread.  Then Boom!

I swear the announcer on the US feed kept calling Leicester's goal scorer Ashley Barnes😆

32 minutes ago, Farlz said:

For me personally, the best thing Emery has done is make me care again. 

Thanks to the previous era, my interest and enjoyment hit an all time low. Not even the Bruce times made me so uninterested.

Last night though was our most meaningful game in a while though and I could feel it all again. Pre game nerves, that uneasy feeling through the match and then the mental last 5 mins. 

I’ve missed it. 

My heart was pounding from the winning goal to the final whistle. Exactly what you want from sport. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Manager performance: Good

Referee performance: Good

Commentator performance: Dire. I'd rather drown myself in an unflushed toilet than listen to Tony Gale again.

Tbf gale was veey unbiased in my opinion. He called it staright away foul on ollie

• Like 1

Managed to get a ticket in the home end, absolute torture not being able to go effing mental when Bertie popped up with that! Pissing myself all night at the bitterness of the Lesster fans, some of them seem to be developing Leeds-level hatred/obsession with us. Apparently Tyrone Mings is f*****g s**t. Strange how he dominated last night though, eh? Was dying for him to score and shut their stupid mouths 🤫got to say massive congrats to the away support, I was in the opposite corner and villa were loudest by far! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we need to not get too far ahead of ourselves. There's a big slice of luck in the run we're on. But what I do know and which has been proven before is strong runs like this carry over into the following season, look at ourselves in our second season backup. Look at Leicester in their amazing run to stay up and then kept on the following season to win the PL. Look at Newcastle. 

If we maintain momentum and finish 8th or 9th it's still excellent momentum for summer. 4 big key signings is the right number and then into next season where anything is possible

I agree. We virtually created nothing before traores goal. It took two terrible passes from leicester too.

I didnt think we were that good as a attacking force yesterday and leicester are one of the worst teams in the league.

Fans talking about champions league are setting themselves up for disappointment.

We got newcastle Brentford utd liverpool and spurs still in our run in before a tricky game vs Brighton 

A finish of betweeb 9th -7th is more realistic.i dont want to out too much pressure on the lads as its been a unbelievable turnaround

• Haha 1

Â