Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, smg said:

It’s our new style of play you will need to get used to it. Not a huge fan myself to be fair but us moaning ain’t going to change it.

It will get better. My prediction relies on the fact that it can't get any worse, I admit.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mister_a said:

I love people moaning about playing from the back, considering that’s how we play now. Might I suggest tennis until Unai leaves in a few years.

Nothing against playing out from the back. I like it. But we need better movement on and off the ball for it to be effective.

• Like 3

If we can retain the ball we will force them into mistakes, they will be eager to try and capitalise with a goal early in the first half so reckon we should relax, take our time and try and build up the play. Going gung ho at them will play into their game plan imo

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

I love people moaning about playing from the back, considering that’s how we play now. Might I suggest tennis until Unai leaves in a few years.

It's not playing out from the back that nanoys me, it's holding on to it for ages, inviting the close down and playing ourselves into trouble. Tricky balancing act though

• Like 3

Our style is now akin to a boxing match where there is a " feel out " type few rounds, then we eventually turn up the intensity ( Hopefully not after we've conceded )

Also trying to frustrate opposition, but frustrating fans as well.

I get the style of play, but surely there is a way we can do the same thing, but quicker?

• Like 1