Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Emery isn't brain controlling each player's every decision is he? he tells them what patterns to play and how they should be moving etc. If they don't, then that's on the players. I'm 100% certain he doesn't instruct Buendia to pass the sideline for example.

you completely missed my point.  But OK, I happen to agree with yours.  The point i was making was that 3 or 4 good passed BEFORE a bad one is improvement.  A few months ago, we weren't stringing ANY good ones together.  There is an evident pattern, flow and improvement.  But I agree, it only takes one lousy pass to ruin a possession.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Don't Buendia and Coutinho need some movement around them, and they only have Ollie? This is a strange setup IMO.

I mean Bailey has been absolute dogshit so kinda had to be dropped

Just now, srsmithusa said:

you completely missed my point.  But OK, I happen to agree with yours.  The point i was making was that 3 or 4 good passed BEFORE a bad one is improvement.  A few months ago, we weren't stringing ANY good ones together.  There is an evident pattern, flow and improvement.  But I agree, it only takes one lousy pass to ruin a possession.

oh ok, yeah I completely misread your point. My apologies.

• Like 1