Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Mings fir that arsenal goal gotta do better. Just hoof it for a throw

The ball just kept coming back and we were getting overwhelmed.  I’m not sure what happened after the Arsenal goal but either they dropped off or we tweaked something but their stranglehold on the midfield just kinda went away.  Long story short is it’s easy to blame the last defender who touched the ball but the problems were 20 yards further down the pitch. 

• Like 2

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Thats like saying one shit smells better than another shit. It's still shit

I think that is called the Theory of Relativity. Einstein sed.

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Saka should have had a straight yellow for the studs on Moreno...

He's a big baby, can dish it out but cannot take it!

Aren't all yellows straight yellows?

I agree though, that was a poor challenge.

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

The ball just kept coming back and we were getting overwhelmed.  I’m not sure what happened after the Arsenal goal but either they dropped off or we tweaked something but their stranglehold on the midfield just kinda went away.  Long story short is it’s easy to blame the last defender who touched the ball but the problems were 20 yards further down the pitch. 

Yeah, that’s what Mings said in his interview this week. That Emery won’t berate the actual defensive mistake, but analyse the build up to the mistake as that’s where the initial problem starts. 

Just now, ender4 said:

Yeah, that’s what Mings said in his interview this week. That Emery won’t berate the actual defensive mistake, but analyse the build up to the mistake as that’s where the initial problem starts. 

I think the problem started with Mings' forehead.