• Moreno (Digne 45)
    • Coutinho (Ramsey 45)
    • Cash (Young 59)
    • Dendoncker (Kamara 82)
    • Durán (Bailey 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/23 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why the hell do people boo at half-time in a close match where we dominated the first half and are losing to a couple of individual errors. How does that help the team in the second half?

I don't get booing l, not this current team anyway. If they aren't putting the effort in and don't give a shit then boo, but booing for mistakes isn't right.

• Like 4

Obviously not learning from our mistakes. Three identical goals conceded now trying to play out.Poor decisions by keepers as they can see the press and poor by the receiving player as they should be passing back to the keeper. Unai needs to address this immediately.

This game, for me, emphasizes the importance of a solid midfield performance.  Kamara had a bad day at the office ... it happens.

Kamara did not make mistakes all by himself, but the defence was put in a difficult position because of those mistakes.

• Like 1

If you are going to play out from the back then be sure you have the players and keeper to do it. Villa don’t at the moment and will be punished until they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Why the hell do people boo at half-time in a close match where we dominated the first half and are losing to a couple of individual errors. How does that help the team in the second half?

So stupid. 

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

We played better today than our last 2 games that we won.

We were the better team today for long periods but Leicester had a game plan to attack our playing out from the back and it worked a treat. Leaving the defenders and emi but closing the midfield lanes and stifling Luiz and Kamara, who had his worst game for us today.

When they caught us for the 3rd time and went ahead we looked lost for a bit. 

Thought we looked much better when moreno and Coutinho came on, some really nice play, but we the gamble left too much space behind and the game was over.

Strangely I'm positive about today. Thought Coutinho and moreno looked good, and we played some good attacking football. Kamara and emi (first goal was his fault playing the ball to Kamara for me) will play better than this to avoid the traps set, and we won't make that many errors any time soon.

Great perspective. It is strange, but I feel it, too. There were some real bright spots, it's obvious. I do get the disappointment of a loss, but some of the post-match fury honestly caught me a little off-guard in its savagery. I'm the first to whinge about missed shots, but seeing Ollie experiencing a moment of swagger and just the look on his face after scoring was cool. He gets a lot of stick, but he was showing some  confidence, and I like it. More, please.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Architects of our own downfall whilst playing pretty well.  Reminded me of the Liverpool game in that they took (all?) their chances and we didn't. 

I'm not usually a fan of Watkins but he was very good today.  Conversely Bailey's touch was pretty awful and he just seems too weak to win out when challenged.  Tete looked the kind of player I hoped Bailey would be.

Playing out from the back with these players is risky but hopefully we won't drop four defensive bollocks in one game very often.   

Edited by El Segundo

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Entitled and ridiculous to boo, I agree.

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

If you can’t see he is a massive massive problem then you’re just being deliberately blind

Dude, you yourself didn't know what you thought about Bailey for a while. Weren't you like, "I don't know if he's brilliant or shit" or something? 😀 

He's inconsistent. That's surely something we can all agree on.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

42 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Ridiculous comment. Sad to see he's still living, rent free, in some heads.

Seems that some people are so hobbled by hatred of Gerrard that they prefer a pathetic defeat to Leicester just because Gerrard is no longer the manager?

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

I’ve seen us play much worse and win, though in those games of course we didn’t gift wrap 3 goals for the opposition.

We played well, just made 3 fatal mistakes (along with some others whereby we could easily have been punished further), hit the bar twice, keeper made a couple of decent saves, couple of last ditch blocks and a heap of wasted efforts.

I’m disappointed with the result of course but overall I think there were still a lot of positives to take.

Kamara had his first poor game for us today and was totally culpable for 2 of the goals, but as with the team, I’m confident he’ll bounce back well.

I’ve attended 4 matches this season and have seen 21 goals, sadly not enough in the opposition net (Bolton 4-1, Newcastle 0-4, United 2-4, Leicester 2-4), think i might just stop going for a while.

Emery's post match analysis is as baffling as our defensive display today. A plea to the supporters to keep on board rather than an admission of as balls up and that they were stark rank when ot came to simple tasks.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just watching the Sky coverage and all you can hear is the Leicester fans.

Just wanted to confirm that at the stadium you could barely hear them at all until the last ten minutes.

I don’t think that’s true man, although I was in the lower north so more subjected to it.

Mings's ball watching at times is criminal. If he hasn't learned by know he never will. Ridiculous display of defending today. Ramsay was anonymous, once again. I know he's still young, but he has to start imposing himself on the game more. I would replace him with SJM for the Citeh game.

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just watching the Sky coverage and all you can hear is the Leicester fans.

Just wanted to confirm that at the stadium you could barely hear them at all until the last ten minutes.

That's nothing new. Always been a hard to please crowd.

Â