• Moreno (Digne 45)
    • Coutinho (Ramsey 45)
    • Cash (Young 59)
    • Dendoncker (Kamara 82)
    • Durán (Bailey 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/23 at 23:59

25 minutes ago, TomC said:

Goal 3: Mainly on Kamara.

Partially on Kamara for losing the ball, but Mings deserves more of the blame. He read the situation correctly but picked the wrong response and let Tete get away from him.

Mings had no chance ... Tete was at full pace ... Mings options were to back off, breaking the offside trap, or take out Tete on the 18-yard box. 

Brendon Rogers knew exactly what to do against us and our system, doubled up on Kamara pressed the ball out of defence and just waited for our mistakes. The defence was a shambles and Kamara's worst game, playing out from the back is for better players than we have and add to that they are slow learners all the opposition have to do is wait for Emi to think he is still playing with Argentina and send the suicide ball by the D for the attacking players to surround the ball and win it in a very dangerous area for a free shot at goal. We need better players with the ability to play this system or revert to something else and stop self harming in our penalty box. The Spanish way is light years away for this team.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Konsa told Martinez right after the goal that he should've passed to the side. And he's right. I'm rather annoyed with Emi today.

I saw that too....

yes I am annoyed with him..

6 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Mings had no chance ... Tete was at full pace ... Mings options were to back off, breaking the offside trap, or take out Tete on the 18-yard box. 

we should have signed Tete on loan....that was the mistake.

No didnt see all the goals, watched game from 1-1, didn’t bother to watch the goals back which i missed i was too disinterested to see anything more, defence was an absolute shambles! The amount of space and gaps , the one on ones were just comical.

Yet to think many were fine with the window, no its not all panic however we certainly could have done with a extra body but I understand deals werent easy and we only want players that would be upgrades on positions. 

Moreno was a positive along with buendia, even coutinho when he came on looked quite decent. Its still crazy to think that coutinho is not even a starter for us looking at the career he has had and player he is.

I think, we can all turn to pointers in the game.....but when you produce such a poor ground duels stat as we did.....anything like this can happen, in a game....its passes the initiative to the opponent.

Its called not competing sufficiently enough.

We got 2 fortunate goals, and sat back on it.....cardinal sin.

I'm late to the thread so I'll keep it simple...

What really stood out in this match and demonstrated the difference from the SG era was how comfortable we were playing one-touch instead of being ponderous on the ball. We looked like a proper PL team going forward and it showed with all the chances we created.

I'm surprised more people haven't said anything about Dougie. I thought he was excellent, the second best player for us after Buendia.

Coutinho played well enough that I would start him ahead of Ramsey next match. His shooting was atrocious but otherwise I liked what I saw.

Bouba definitely had a bad day at the office, and not just in the obvious mistakes.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2023 at 20:23, onmeedson said:

Brendon Rogers knew exactly what to do against us and our system, doubled up on Kamara pressed the ball out of defence and just waited for our mistakes. The defence was a shambles and Kamara's worst game, playing out from the back is for better players than we have and add to that they are slow learners all the opposition have to do is wait for Emi to think he is still playing with Argentina and send the suicide ball by the D for the attacking players to surround the ball and win it in a very dangerous area for a free shot at goal. We need better players with the ability to play this system or revert to something else and stop self harming in our penalty box. The Spanish way is light years away for this team.

Yep he pressured Kamara and the others recieving the ball from Emi/ defenders. Emery did comment on this and said we need to change the way we play when the opposition try this tactic , not sure what it is but maybe play the ball further into the midfield exposing the oppositions players being higher up the pitch, leaving them short at the back/ in the middle. 

Â