• Moreno (Digne 45)
    • Coutinho (Ramsey 45)
    • Cash (Young 59)
    • Dendoncker (Kamara 82)
    • Durán (Bailey 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/23 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Our player had a shot and it deflected off the defender. Dougie had plenty of time to get onside.

Not sure, need to see it again but didn't the ball hit the defenders foot after he clearly moved it towards the ball to block it. If that was the case he's inside because it should be considered a delebrate movement in terms of the law. He was a decent distance from the shot too. The rule is completely broken basically. 

Just now, tinker said:

What a game, still a work in progress, stupid mistakes costing us and not taking our chances. Duran looks lively.

If you concede 4 goals and score 2 it's not failure to take chances why you lose!

I do agree on Duran, looks lively. Looks like we may not need that striker we all want.

• Like 1

At home to Leicester City with a chance to go top half and really get in the Europe mix, Liverpool losing their game and we cough up 4 goals and hand them the 3 points with our best wishes and a cherry on top.

Absolutely pathetic defensive display and some other noticeable deficiencies as well.

Incredibly frustrating waste of some really fluid and bright attacking buildup play.

Buendia immense today. Watkins a mixed bag in the end because he missed two more sitters. Bailey just basically impotent again. Digne, Mings, Moreno and Kamara all wearing clown shoes today. Embarrassing. I like fullbacks who defend well first and foremost, so wtf.

I actually thought Moreno was excellent prior to his mistake. Just wondered why Digne got the start. 

Coutinho looked good other than his Tonev attempts at goal, just sad.

Coutinho may have just earned a start at Ramsey's expense. Luiz wasn't great today. Kamara an absolute nightmare.

Once again these players prove to be unworthy of top half status. The streak of weak mindedness has yet to be expunged by Emery. 

We are still our own worst enemy. Until we learn how to get out of our own way and seize the moment, we will flail around at mid table.

Such a wasted opportunity today. This result will be one of the standout results of this campaign, I'm afraid.

I'm not sure what the answer is other than more signings. But as we saw with Moreno today, even that isn't the end all.

We have to shirk our loser mentality.

Bitter pill to swallow today. 

Said my piece last week, and got a bunch of verbals, so I'm not saying anything about recruitment. What I will say is that our defence will be key for the rest of this year. They cannot play like that going forward, but hopefully they learn, because we'll need to nick goals and be solid to get anything out of the next two. 

We do seem to perform better against top sides, so hopefully we can get maybe 1 or 3 points from Arsenal and Man City.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

If you concede 4 goals and score 2 it's not failure to take chances why you lose!

I do agree on Duran, looks lively. Looks like we may not need that striker we all want.

Your right but we did miss chance after chance , hit the bar twice. Watkins missed from a yard out, Bailey from 2 yards and twice, the list could go on and on. Leicester took there chances well , even though we assisted 2 of them, Kamara and Moreno.

These games will happen while we are trying to adopt a new system with new players. Not sure why the goal didn't stand, some strange offside calls through out the game. 

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Suicide pass from Emi to kamara for their first goal. Defensive errors cost us. Bailey being on the pitch so long is confusing 

Thought the same thing. Emi set Kamara up for failure. They had three players hovering 5 yards away from each of our three defensive outlets when Emi passed it. 

I know it’s not what Emery wants, but Emi should’ve punted that one to midfield. The short passes weren’t there in that particular instance. Once Kamara got the ball, he had no options.

Que the meltdown........ I'm disappointed so much good feeling going into this game but we need to just curb our excitement a little bit, such a tough league the Premier League & anybody on any given day can beat anybody. Were on the right road specially with our manager but we're going to get bumps in the road on where we want to go, so game like this are learning curves, so we take what we can from this & learn from it & I'm sure we will. Unai Emery is slowly finding out who he can & can't trust & will take abit of time, hopefully will address all this in the summer window. So as much as it hurts its all part of the progress it would surprise me if we picked up points from our next 2 games. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, imavillan said:

It’s not petty….it’s salty and not even worth posting….we lost….get over it

He’ll be available in the summer as Leicester only have him til then on loan

Just now, MNVillan said:

Thought the same thing. Emi set Kamara up for failure. They had three players hovering 5 yards away from each of our three defensive outlets when Emi passed it. 

I know it’s not what Emery wants, but Emi should’ve punted that one to midfield. The short passes weren’t there in that particular instance. Once Kamara got the ball, he had no options.

Emi did that to Dougie too. It’s a major flaw of his game. No matter how top class he is we cannot be giving up goals so cheaply. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Not sure, need to see it again but didn't the ball hit the defenders foot after he clearly moved it towards the ball to block it. If that was the case he's inside because it should be considered a delebrate movement in terms of the law. He was a decent distance from the shot too. The rule is completely broken basically. 

I agree the rule is broken. But it looked like a deflection. I’d have to see it again if he made an attempt. But the rule should be either or - there’s too much variation in potential interpretations and that’s a problem imo.

1 minute ago, MNVillan said:

Terrible decision making really. There was another Leicester player to the right also 

9EE67DB4-0A7A-4C03-B8A3-3D8E2D3F1548.jpeg

• Like 4

Â