• Moreno (Digne 45)
    • Coutinho (Ramsey 45)
    • Cash (Young 59)
    • Dendoncker (Kamara 82)
    • Durán (Bailey 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/23 at 23:59

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I lost a little bit of faith in Emery today (which, perhaps foolishly on  my behalf has been sky high). 

Needs a big response to win it back.

I lost more faith in the defence as they were totally hopeless today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just watching the Sky coverage and all you can hear is the Leicester fans.

Just wanted to confirm that at the stadium you could barely hear them at all until the last ten minutes.

The microphones are down that touchline.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ve seen us play much worse and win, though in those games of course we didn’t gift wrap 3 goals for the opposition.

We played well, just made 3 fatal mistakes (along with some others whereby we could easily have been punished further), hit the bar twice, keeper made a couple of decent saves, couple of last ditch blocks and a heap of wasted efforts.

I’m disappointed with the result of course but overall I think there were still a lot of positives to take.

Kamara had his first poor game for us today and was totally culpable for 2 of the goals, but as with the team, I’m confident he’ll bounce back well.

I’ve attended 4 matches this season and have seen 21 goals, sadly not enough in the opposition net (Bolton 4-1, Newcastle 0-4, United 2-4, Leicester 2-4), think i might just stop going for a while.

Unlucky. I can't moan too much as only been to Southampton and Leeds on the respective Fridays. Much prefer watching us under the lights these days and team really seems to be on it much more than Saturday games generally.

You're right in that we were probably better today than v Leeds but they couldn't capitalise on their chances whereas Leicester could.

It was clear early on that Leicester were pressing and double teaming Kamara high up the pitch. Rodgers admitted as much afterwards.

It's all well and good in hindsight but really there needs to be better decision making on the fly in those situations and I think Emi should be a little more aware of the surroundings.

While frustrated at the time I thought that first goal was just one of those things and that we'd bounce straight back. But I think we were too slow reacting to their approach and basically flustered ourselves into stupid mistakes.

Hopefully we've got that out of the way and we can get ourselves a surprise result or two in the next few weeks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t think that’s true man, although I was in the lower north so more subjected to it.

Isn't it the case that the tv studio is now up by the Witton/North stand corner so always hear away support on tv. It should be moved back to Witton/Holte corner where it used to be. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Shockingly bad defensive display, and despite good build up play, we lack any end product, and struggle to score goals.

What is inside this club that means we gift struggling teams victories?

It's been this way for years now. Just dont get it. Always against teams on bad run and always when media start to talk about us in good terms

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

My mate is a Leicester fan. He was thrilled they won because they've been poor this season. 

But the one thing he said to me was you guys don't need to worry, you're clearly on the way up. 

I thought we were fantastic at times. To think Unai is getting this style of performance out of someone else's team is exciting to think what we will look like after the summer. 

Agree on the post overall but the last sentence is dependent on us getting our top targets which will be expensive and in recent windows our spend has been below the likes of Wolves, Newcastle and West Ham. 

If they back Emery with a big budget this summer then next season could be really interesting but not sure they will.

4 hours ago, Ponky said:

It was clear early on that Leicester were pressing and double teaming Kamara high up the pitch. Rodgers admitted as much afterwards.

It's all well and good in hindsight but really there needs to be better decision making on the fly in those situations and I think Emi should be a little more aware of the surroundings.

I would have thought that a team pressing very high is what you want when playing out from the back because you are going to expose them at the back if you manage to play through it.

It’s like the fan base expect Emery arriving and our current status to be like a switch:  SH*T-SHOW / TITLE CONTENDERS.

This team needs more time, we need some better players. We are night and day better than the first quarter of the season, that is so obvious. I am excited by how we now play and where we are going under Emery and I haven’t had that confidence since Gregory.

Leicester came to press our possession, we weren’t as competent in the response to that (in the defensive third) and paid the price for good finishing and they also had some luck. 

We had very good, well crafted moments, our finishing was poor and unlucky, but we could have won or drawn if we ‘d finished half of the chances that were solid. Our possession stats, shots, shot on target and passes under Emery are hugely better and almost always the best. 

You can see how a Guendouzi, two Emery style forwards and Carlos and maybe another footballing CB improve this team to the next level. Next season will be much, much better, you can see that. Why boo or harangue (playing from the back)?

• Like 2

I had other plans thankfully on Saturday so was only able to check the score periodically. Teams like villa will lose these types of games, you really can’t take too much from it.

We all knew that a couple of big signings were needed to continue the form and keep up the good will feeling. Lose heavy against Man City and you’ll feel like the honeymoon period is over and we’ll see where we really are at with the team. I suspect 11 or 12th place come the end of the season. We’re still 2 quality players away from the top half of the table with or without Emery.

Â