Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

37 minutes ago, burchy said:

Xavi Simons anyone for the LM/CAM slot, scored again today, that’s 9 goals and 5 assists in 20 league games for PSV at CAM. Johan Bakayoko also played 90mins and scored too  

Simons is another option to Kamada if we reinforce the left-hand side in the Summer. 

Simons has the potential to be world class but think he needs to stay in Holland for another year or so before taking the risk. Heard that Kamada is heavily wanted by Man Utd and we wouldn’t be able to afford his wage demands & image rights 

Edited by thabucks

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Simons has the potential to be world class but think he needs to stay in Holland for another year or so before taking the risk. Heard that Kamada is heavily wanted by Man Utd and we wouldn’t be able to afford his wage demands & image rights 

I agree with you, but the second sentence is why they're the players we probably do need to sign.

It'll be much tougher once they're more established. Got to make a judgement and trust our talent ID. Gulp.

I wouldn't sign Simons specifically having said all that. Too much of a risk atm for what the lad would cost. Super talent, not too well suited for the PL currently.

Edited by Tomaszk

20 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Bailey average position is wide on the right flank in possession, the only time he plays as a striker is when the team is in its defensive shape.

So you think we play 422 RW ST?

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There may well be clubs interested and willing to bid big on Kamara. I don’t think we’ll lose him but might be something to be prepared for. He may even have a release clause in his contract. 

Not sure how accurate it is as a website but there’s not one listed on Capology. 

Moreno’s contract is also only £35k too, which surprised me a bit. 

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

Not sure how accurate it is as a website but there’s not one listed on Capology. 

There probably won’t be one, given the amount of money we’re paying him. Either way, I still expect there to be interest. If Rice is being touted around at £100m, Kamara is of a similar quality and a couple of years younger… you’d expect the top clubs to be looking at him either as an alternative or somebody that can improve their side. 

55 minutes ago, burchy said:

I saw that Moreno salary too and I find it really hard to believe.

I dug a bit deeper and saw that he'd spent a significant portion of his early career in the Spanish second tier. Betis only got him after his old team Rayo Vallecano were relegated and I can imagine his salary being pretty tiny as a result. If he hadn't signed a new contract with Betis(which is very feasible), he would still be on that original contract when we got him. Meaning we wouldn't need to bump up his wage much for him to come to us.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Linked to yet another player from the Turkish league. Enner Valencia this time. Turkish media really must all have us as the go-to club when writing stories.

Seems pretty random, especially for how old he is but could be interesting. He's currently tearing the Turkish league a new one with 20 goals in 18 games.

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I dug a bit deeper and saw that he'd spent a significant portion of his early career in the Spanish second tier. Betis only got him after his old team Rayo Vallecano were relegated and I can imagine his salary being pretty tiny as a result. If he hadn't signed a new contract with Betis(which is very feasible), he would still be on that original contract when we got him. Meaning we wouldn't need to bump up his wage much for him to come to us.

Might be foreigners only but don't the Spanish have a special high earners or footballer tax? I know the French have a really high earner tax

But basically he can be paid less here and still earn more than he would be there which would mean theoretically he doesn't need to be greedy here to still get a pay rise

12 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Just had a look at his Betis salary and he was on something like €14k or something.

If we ship out Digne in the summer that’s some good FFP business there. If we sign someone like Truffert to push Moreno then we’ll have two quality fullbacks on less salary combined than Digne’s £160k

1 hour ago, sne said:

Linked to yet another player from the Turkish league. Enner Valencia this time. Turkish media really must all have us as the go-to club when writing stories.

Didn’t he play really well in the World Cup, remember watching a late group stage and thought he looked useful. 

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

Didn’t he play really well in the World Cup, remember watching a late group stage and thought he looked useful. 

I didn't watch much of the WC so can't really say. But he did score 3 in 3 so you are no doubt correct.

13 minutes ago, burchy said:

He did but I think he is about 32 now and has previously failed in England

Bored this afternoon so been looking at some options for the RM role. 

Keep Buendia there and get Alex Scott from Bristol City as a young understudy. 

Or

Guendouzi, Dumfries, Kokcu, Skov-Olsen, Ward-Prowse, Kone, K Thuram

Just now, burchy said:

Bored this afternoon so been looking at some options for the RM role. 

Keep Buendia there and get Alex Scott from Bristol City as a young understudy. 

Or

Guendouzi, Dumfries, Kokcu, Skov-Olsen, Ward-Prowse, Kone, K Thuram

Most of them arent right midfielders

44 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Seems pretty random, especially for how old he is but could be interesting. He's currently tearing the Turkish league a new one with 20 goals in 18 games.

He was always very average for West Ham and Everton. Agent link I think there.

Musah was mentioned a few weeks back. Valencia are in a horrible state and I think they'll get relegated so he'll be going cheaper than his market value in a few months.

Should be one to look at unless Leeds get in there first and recreate the full States central midfield.

Nico Williams scored in that game last night for Bilbao. Could see in a slow paced game he was the main threat on counter with his pace although his end product needs a bit of work as sometimes he overhit the cross. Certainly plenty of potential with him though.

Edited by VillaChris

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Most of them arent right midfielders

Guendouzi isn’t really classed as a RM either but we’ve been linked (apparently).

I think we need a CM/CAM, more emphasis on the CM element,  so not all of them will fit, just looking at options