Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

JPB is interesting. Can’t understand why that one hasn’t been done yet, it seems to have been close for over a week now. Wonder if he is being kept for more depth. I wouldn’t mind that to be honest given it’s only £5m reported benefit on the line.

• Like 1

I think we also need to remember that we've got the liked of JJ and Moreno to come back.

Even I'm guilty of forgetting sometimes.

So that's two very good players who haven't even featured this season yet.

We really don't need to panic.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Absolutely no panic.

Lenglet in means defensive cover is sorted even with Mings out.

if we sell Coutinho and JPB it will be 10 players out and 5 in and we'd still have 2 XI's we could put out without mentioning Hause, Iroegbunam, Chrisene, Revan, Chukweumeka, Marschall and the other nippers.

I love that we have one of the best coaches out there who isn’t a chequebook manager (genuinely one of the best managers around) *cough* Pep *cough*, I love that we have refined our squad to have top quality players with good personalities and professionalism… with no bad eggs, deadwood or disruptive personalities…

We have a clear style and identity, our trajectory and progression is astounding…

But…

BRING ME ONE MORE!!! 😂

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we also need to remember that we've got the liked of JJ and Moreno to come back.

Even I'm guilty of forgetting sometimes.

So that's two very good players who haven't even featured this season yet.

We really don't need to panic.

Yeah but… I’ve never felt or thought that we would ever make a panic signing… it’s just striking at the right time, finalising negotiations and convincing targets that have been identified and researched some time ago…

-

Others have suggested that those that are excited about transfer activity are wanting “panic signings” but it’s complete nonsense… we just want to the team to be even stronger, more competitive and have a better chance at more success n progression.

No one wants signings for the sake of it and, most of all, that’s not what Unai and co want either.

In an ideal world or scenario (and if it was easy) I’m quite sure that we would have done even more business and maybe replaced more players… but you can’t have perfection… not in a single transfer window anyway. And, of course, you need to maintain a solid foundation and “spine” of the team… stability and continuation rather than a complete revamp…

It’s possible to both be happy with where we are and what we have… while desiring or being excited about further additions.

27 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

JPB is interesting. Can’t understand why that one hasn’t been done yet, it seems to have been close for over a week now. Wonder if he is being kept for more depth. I wouldn’t mind that to be honest given it’s only £5m reported benefit on the line.

Archer and Ramsey deals took time. It’s likely about negotiating the buyback or he’s waiting on other offers.

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I love that we have one of the best coaches out there who isn’t a chequebook manager (genuinely one of the best managers around) *cough* Pep *cough*, I love that we have refined our squad to have top quality players with good personalities and professionalism… with no bad eggs, deadwood or disruptive personalities…

We have a clear style and identity, our trajectory and progression is astounding…

But…

BRING ME ONE MORE!!! 😂

spacer.png

Edited by imavillan

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

Panic buys!

We're not like that anymore. 

i genuinely would have had a punt on Daka as a bench option........ not been used enough at leicester, when in reality he should have been the Vardy replacement...... whether 2 seasons on bench has hindered his progress, but hes always looked tidy when ive seen him....... not a bad signing for bournemouth

Seems we do not do punts any more. Even Lenglet had some real thought put into it  just as cover for Mings. Emery has got some real talent into the club this sunmer and we have not lost anyone we wanted to keep bar Philogene. That is a win in itself 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Seems we do not do punts any more. Even Lenglet had some real thought put into it  just as cover for Mings. Emery has got some real talent into the club this sunmer and we have not lost anyone we wanted to keep bar Philogene. That is a win in itself 

I read this as "seems we do not do puns any more". No puns on VT = No Don Simon.