Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Place used to be moderated for bullshit bait but I guess not anymore. Fair enough

Speculation, is by its nature, subjective and yes, more often than not, made up. Congratulations for noticing. Guess what, everyone else realizes that too.

It's also the basis of most Internet forum discussion... none of us knows what is really going on at our favourite football clubs, but we care passionately, so we speculate, sometimes even while indulging ridiculous ideas out of boredom or just for the hell of it.

With that in mind, the moderating you would like to see happen, is just unrealistic. So long as people are speculating in the speculation thread, I'm not sure there's a need for the service you are providing.

You say, "fair enough", as if acknowledging the pointlessness of your outrage, so will you now give it a rest? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Speculation, is by its nature, subjective and yes, more often than not, made up. Congratulations for noticing. Guess what, everyone else realizes that too.

It's also the basis of most Internet forum discussion... none of us knows what is really going on at our favourite football clubs, but we care passionately, so we speculate, sometimes even while indulging ridiculous ideas out of boredom or just for the hell of it.

With that in mind, the moderating you would like to see happen, is just unrealistic. So long as people are speculating in the speculation thread, I'm not sure there's a need for the service you are providing.

You say, "fair enough", as if acknowledging the pointlessness of your outrage, so will you now give it a rest? 

I think the moderators could help by releasing the ‘missing’ Rachica pages as an act of  goodwill. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Predictions for today

In: Lenglet and a random wide attacker

Out: Davis, Hause

Can see something happening with that Abde from Barca. They need to shift players out, I don’t buy the he’s not for sale line from Barca media.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

I still maintain making an offer to Chelsea for the reported figures of around 5 million to buy Hudson Odoi and giving him a 2 year deal with the option of a third is a risk worth taking in our system. He can play in the forward roles obviously but he played a fair few games for Chelsea at wing back so could play wide midfield too.

the upsides are huge, the downsides if it doesn’t work out are very low.

He still has ongoing issues with his achilles. He admitted in an interview that it's really messed his development up both physically and mentally... Plus he's on 120k a week at Chelsea so the risk isn't so small when you add that in to his £5m fee. 

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

The emergence of kellyman last night means that I think the club will hold fire now for this window unless a very high quality attacker becomes available. 

Zero chance a decent performance from a 17 year old against a shit team will influence whether we get an attacker now. Kellyman is a youngster, he will be integrated slowly in the coming years. Can't imagine Emery is now thinking, "I can rely on this guy to come off the bench against Liverpool"

If we get someone, or dont get someone, his game last night will have had zero influence on that decision 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Place used to be moderated for bullshit bait but I guess not anymore. Fair enough

I really don't think it did.

There used to be people passing themselves off as ITK on the forum left right and centre before Twitter became what it is. But this was the thread for all the BS and once something became concrete they got their own thread.

The only real change has been to the player specific threads that they aren't stopped from being opened by tweets. There speculation threads always had BS in it.

I like what we've done in terms of moving players on this season, more sales rather than loans. Also we've kept players involved like Coutinho and Archer coming on v Everton, showed other clubs we weren't desperate to get rid. Works way better than a bomb squad.

21 minutes ago, Feidhlim said:

Zero chance a decent performance from a 17 year old against a shit team will influence whether we get an attacker now. Kellyman is a youngster, he will be integrated slowly in the coming years. Can't imagine Emery is now thinking, "I can rely on this guy to come off the bench against Liverpool"

If we get someone, or dont get someone, his game last night will have had zero influence on that decision 

He doesn’t need bodies for the league games but kellyman has shown he can play a role in the conference league and potentially league cup games as well. That frees up one of the core squad to focus more on the league games.