Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Everything about this makes me laugh. Why on earth do you think you know better than our world class manager who spends every day watching and interacting with these players? 

Everyone is fallible.

3 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Archer benefitted much more from going to Middlesborough last season than he would got in the odd 15/20 minute spell for us. He also had a full pre season with Emery who’s judgement I trust more than anyones on a player. Explain to me how Duran is clearly not up to the task please? 

You only need to watch him.

• Like 1

I'm very happy with our business thus far, and wouldn't be overly concerned if we don't add any more. It's far too late in the window now to let anyone important go.

I think we're probably keeping tabs on a few potential deals should certain situations fall our way, but I don't see us scrabbling around to fill gaps for the sake of it. 

What has been clear by our business is that Emery has been looking to add real quality in key positions, but not at an extravagant cost. I think he knows if we can qualify for the Champions League then it's much easier to attract the kind of quality he wants, but before then we have to be somewhat savvy in how we approach things.

All things considered, I think Emery has plenty to work with, I don't think one or two more would hurt, but they have to be of a high enough quality, whether that is available between now and the end of the window at a reasonable cost we'll have to wait and see.

Any transfer window is difficult to judge at the time, the results and performances that follow will dictate the success or failure of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

This.

Just a reminder that Duran is 6 months younger than Louie Barry and 2 years younger than Archer. That’s an eternity at that age for a striker and Duran is already physically ready for the league. Duran’s potential is scary which I guess is why the club and Emery have backed him over Archer. 

It would have been lovely to have kept Archer as his profile (out and out goal scorer) is very different to Watkins and Duran but I guess he wanted to go and the deal was ultimately to good to turn down. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I'm very happy with our business thus far, and wouldn't be overly concerned if we don't add any more. It's far too late in the window now to let anyone important go.

I think we're probably keeping tabs on a few potential deals should certain situations fall our way, but I don't see us scrabbling around to fill gaps for the sake of it. 

What has been clear by our business is that Emery has been looking to add real quality in key positions, but not at an extravagant cost. I think he knows if we can qualify for the Champions League then it's much easier to attract the kind of quality he wants, but before then we have to be somewhat savvy in how we approach things.

All things considered, I think Emery has plenty to work with, I don't think one or two more would hurt, but they have to be of a high enough quality, whether that is available between now and the end of the window at a reasonable cost we'll have to wait and see.

Any transfer window is difficult to judge at the time, the results and performances that follow will dictate the success or failure of it.

This is the biggest plus this window for me.  We have lost no senior player (other than injuries) from last season apart from Ashley Young.  And added to it with 4 first team players, anybody else we sign now is a plus.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Honestly, for £1m this may have been worth it to cover Cash/Konsa.

Looked good for Forest, but hasn't progressed since his move. Nice idea, but I would be loathe to give Levy £1m for a loan, without an option to buy. 

Judge Duran in a year or two, he is so young, he is no Rooney/Owen but who is? I cant beleive anyone casting judgement given he has only had a few cameos. As others have mentioned as a 19y.o. he is an athletic unit capable of the rigours of the PL. I reckon they have all seen enough to know he has something - a decent run out against Hibs will help.

In other news, looks like Coutihno is off, expect a replacement......

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Honestly, for £1m this may have been worth it to cover Cash/Konsa.

Doubt Spurs would want him at a rival club. Nor should we even want to develop him without an option to buy.

Hopefully gone are the days we have to loan so called top 6 youngsters like Walker in the past.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, John said:

Looked good for Forest, but hasn't progressed since his move. Nice idea, but I would be loathe to give Levy £1m for a loan, without an option to buy. 

They also wouldn’t loan him unless he’s guaranteed to play a certain amount of games 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thecake said:

Screenshot_2023-08-29-13-25-49-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12-min.jpg

All this tells us is that back in 2005, 'AbnormalBoy' called someone a pre-madonna on the internet, got ridiculed for it, and then created an Urban Dictionary entry to cover his back.

It could've been Lenglet for all we know. Stick that in your on topic.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doubt Spurs would want him at a rival club. Nor should we even want to develop him without an option to buy.

Hopefully gone are the days we have to loan so called top 6 youngsters like Walker in the past.

I wouldn't want an option to buy from Daniel Levy. I shudder to think how much he'd want for the lad.

• Haha 1