Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I don't get why some posters here think we are done. Considering the recent flurry of outgoing players and Emery's statements about making more signings, I'm confident we will see at least one more.

Because we haven’t signed anyone without hearing the links for days/weeks on end for a long time, not under the current regime anyway. I think Moreno moved fairly quickly but even that took longer than 4 days. 

There are just no solid links at the moment. Acuna was the last one but we’ve seemingly opted to stay with Digne.

Theres always the possibility, as others have pointed out, that players who we’ve had a long standing interest in but haven’t been too interested in us might give us the green light in the final days. Honestly though, I can see Coutinho departing and us going with what we’ve got until Jan. Wouldn’t be my choice as I think we need more depth but they’ve shown they’d rather go light than make a signing just to make up the numbers.

It seems like we are going for players ready and experienced now. I don’t like the links with Acuna being 31 I was hoping Monchi would get us some 18-23  unknown wonder kids aswell.

I think we will sign players but no idea if that will be big money, what positions, how old or unknown players.

We probably need 3 a cb to cover mings/rb a attacking mid to cover Buendia and another winger/forward to hopefully replace Coutinho. 

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yep he’s an international but palace have a reserve keeper in Sam Johnson.

I’d prefer him

I'd prefer him too, but Sam Johnstone is vying with Guaita for the number 1 spot and is getting game time. It's works well for Johnstone to be at Palace, as he has a crack at regular football, especially as Guaita might be leaving.

Our issue is that our number 1 is a dominant number 1. No one is challenging him. Why would Johnstone (or insert name) come here knowing he'll barely play? That's the biggest recruitment issue Unai faces if he were to replace Olsen.

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

1 yes, not several. We've offloaded players that were unlikely to get many or any minutes

I'd argue philogene and archer would have got plenty of minutes with all the games we will play. philogene was looking better than Bailey and archer is one minor injury to watkins away from 30 mins a game at least.  

but I would say I'm happy with the squad as is quality wise.  think it's the best we've had for decades.  just a bit worried our depth has disappeared with the better youth players departing and the injuries we've got.  Still 1981 and all that.

Edited by tezzaleed

4 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

If getting “depth” or “cover” means getting the likes of Weghorst on loan as per Man Utd last season I think I’ll pass thank you very much. 

Yeah, we won't be doing that.  The days of panic loans like Bednarek are over.  If no quality is available, then we'll hold off.  

• Like 2

I'm not one who goes by social media or news speculation, but I'm a little surprised by the black hole of links with us and new players at the moment.

I trust in the Management team completely, whomever they bring in, but eight subs and two goalkeepers did alarm me a little, regardless of players coming back from injury. 

Ryan Taylor of the Daily Express has said, "Keep an eye on Felix. I know this is crazy, but I think the later we get in the window, I really feel like he's going to leave Atletico Madrid and he's going to be floated to a lot of clubs on loan. I don't know if Aston Villa would go in for Felix for the kind of money that would be offered, but I think he will probably be touted to Aston Villa. So keep an eye on that one.” 

This one just rumbles on doesn't it? I can't see him changing his mind about joining us and I suspect that if we rely on him doing so, on 1st September we will still be: 

Stream Bob Marley & The Wailers - Waiting In Vain (Noah Airé's Remix) by  Noah Airé | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm not saying we should sign him, but I wonder if someone like Anthony Martial could be an option.

Can play off the left or up front if required. Could probably get him on loan as well.

Not my preferred choice at all, but you never know.

He'll spend more time injured than on the pitch.