Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I’m kind of fine with not signing anyone else (although can’t lie would have liked any of a new back up goalie, RB, CB or forward), I just really don’t want any drama with any clubs coming in for any of our key players and unsettling them.

I'm not OK with not signing anybody else considering the deck clearing of the last week or so. I fully expect we'll make more signings. It is not sensible to sacrifice all the good work for the want of a bit more wise investment. For whatever reason, we're light on numbers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I do wonder if we will make one last attempt to sign Joao Felix. Another loan-to-buy possibly.

I feel like we probably will. Would imagine we've largely probably agreed a deal with AM in principle but it's just convincing the player to join which is likely the issue. 

• Like 2

I'd be tempted to throw a bid at kyogo Furuhashi should be got at handy money, and it's goal ratio is very good. Also always liked the Asian players there mentality seems very good. 

Rather take a punt on a lad like that then spend big on a pre Madonna like felix

Edited by Thecake
  • Like 2

Surprised that no one has made a move for Pedro Goncalves… has he been priced out of one?

-

I won’t be upset or disappointed (maybe just slightly concerned) if we don’t end up signing any more players… it will just mean that we weren’t able to convince or attract high level targets or players deemed to be of sufficient quality… we can try again in future windows…

But… all the communication from Unai and Monchi outlines our desire and effort to continue to strengthen the squad and let sub standard (those not deemed as important or who don’t fit into Unai’s system and style) players leave…

Like Monchi has said, I want Unai to have the “best possible squad” for the season and all competitions… and Unai has himself said “we will need a lot of players”…

As long as Unai is happy and we aren’t left short… that’s great.

But… I absolutely expect more signings, just 1 or 2 of genuine quality will help and make us stronger, but it’s not the end of the world if we don’t manage it…

We have a great squad, excellent new signings, and some players that have yet to reach peak performance and fitness levels… I’m excited about Diego getting back to his best (as well as JJ and Moreno - 2 key and top quality players for us) and most of all… we have an elite manager…

Dis gon’ be gud 😂

Edited by Jas10

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Surprised that no one has made a move for Pedro Goncalves… has he been priced out of one?

Yes. Release clause is €80M and Sporting want it all, seems other player sales have taken the financial pressure to sell away. 

We've had two major injuries so far.

If the squad stays long-term injury free for the rest of the season, i think we are ok for depth - ok, not good or better.

Main concerns are long term injuries to Martinez, Cash, a CB or Ollie. 

Particularly Ollie. If that happens we suddenly become extremely weaker.

We are likely to sell Coutinho, Jaden, Davis, so we definitely need one more attacker as a minimum. For me I think we ideally need an attacking player who can fill in up top plus a rb who can play cb.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yep he’s an international but palace have a reserve keeper in Sam Johnson.

I’d prefer him

He wasnt good for us in the Championship and hasnt improved at all since then. Glued to his goal line

59 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'm not OK with not signing anybody else considering the deck clearing of the last week or so. I fully expect we'll make more signings. It is not sensible to sacrifice all the good work for the want of a bit more wise investment. For whatever reason, we're light on numbers.

The 2 players that left have a combined 0 Premier League starts and 75 minutes of league football overall for us. Truth is they werent even contenders for minutes this season

Archer only came on last week because Coutinho got injured, Chambers was dressed to come on moments before it

33 minutes ago, Thecake said:

I'd be tempted to throw a bid at kyogo Furuhashi should be got at handy money, and it's goal ratio is very good. Also always liked the Asian players there mentality seems very good. 

Rather take a punt on a lad like that then spend big on a pre Madonna like felix

Surely Postecoglu would have brought him to Spurs if he thought could do a job, Spurs are desperate for forwards too. He just signed a new deal too 

Just now, omariqy said:

Think we need someone for the left hand side and that’s about it for me

Agreed. If we get a top, right footed left sided attacking player, we’re good to go. I can stomach the right back situation and hope Martinez doesn’t get injured. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I’d agree that is a key area but also a striker. If Watkins gets injured we are really screwed. 

No we aren't necessarily the same as City aren't really screwed if Haaland gets injured. We're not signing a big money striker to rotate with Watkins. People need to get over this stupid only player x can play striker

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

I think we'll still bring in 1-2 more signings. I think we need a RB and a left sided winger/cam if Coutinho goes. If Cash goes down for and extended period then I'm not sure Konsa is the answer long term at RB, so it's definitely a position I'd like to see us strengthen. I think worst case Zaniolo can cover Ollie up front with Duran. We've then also got Leon, Bertie, Zaniolo and Moussa to cover wide and central positions, Cash can also play RM as we've seen, McGinn who can play on the right when Ramsey comes back.   

I think we'll look much better when Ramsey and Moreno are back to reinforce the left hand side but it's the area I'd like to see strengthened because the right side looks much stronger, offensively and defensively.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Thecake said:

Pre Madonna is probably the best thing I have ever read on the internet.  Absolute genius.

• Haha 1