Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

I’m not concerned in the slightest and it would take a hell of a lot more than that for bids to even be considered.

There were already reports, early on in the window, that offers were rejected for big/important players “out of hand” or immediately…

We’re a different outfit these days and are looking to compete with the big boys rather than be subservient to them…

I honestly think that any of our players would be mad or stupid to even consider leaving when we are riding such a wave and they are receiving such an education in the Unai-versity…

The people we have employed in positions of control/power are far too credible and experienced now too…

We won’t be losing important assets this close to the end of the window… especially if we weren’t interested in listening to offers early on…

They can all p*ss off…

Its inevitable that our players are going to be of interest to other clubs, when we are in this form.

some of them are getting tetchy, that teams like ours and Brighton are progressing at an exponential rate....the best way to stop them is buy their key players.

It will test our resolve now, that we can tell them to do one.....but the other nifty way is to beat them, when we meet.

We are now a buying club, not a selling club, of the past....We have enough resource to resist unwanted predators.

We are gradually moving towards a place, where its difficult to get players, better than we already have....and these teams know that....hence their interest.

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

That said, Emery wants that fluidity and flexibility up top.  Cash inverting inside Diaby yesterday a case in point.

Think we would all take Chiesa,  just not sure how realistic it is to get him?

True.

As for the likes of Chiesa, about as realistic as Carlos, Torres, Kamara, Diaby, Zaniolo and Bailey I guess?

Who knows who Monchi is going to pull off this week!

Spoiler

kenneth_williams.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

Two words, raw pace!

You can coach the rest, pace you either have or don’t 

Yeah...but without other attributes, of equal strength,  its limited.

Adama Traore is a good example......our own speedster Gabby scored 3 goals in the last 3 seasons on his tenure....Julian Joachim, was another speedy Gonzales, with a hit rate of 3.6 for us.....not good enough for top flight.

Personally, In an overall sense, I don't think Johnson is good enough.

• Like 1

I know we are quite well stacked in centre mid but I wonder if we are one of the rumoured clubs after Azzedine Ounahi. Could he could be utilised on the left ? Quality player. 

Or if we’re Looking for a versatile forward / winds player Georges Mikautadze looks like he’s gunna be a real talent 

Edited by thabucks

47 minutes ago, John said:

Selling those two would kill our season and UE would be the next one through the out door, if it happened. These people just refuse to accept that we are no longer a selling club and the prices quoted would be ludicrous, even if we were. We should counter this rubbish by making bids of £40m for Saka and £60m for Salah, to see how they like it. :angry:

We should probably caveat that by saying this has emanated from "Twiiter rumour" (unspecified). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True.

As for the likes of Chiesa, about as realistic as Carlos, Torres, Kamara, Diaby, Zaniolo and Bailey I guess?

Reveal hidden contents

kenneth_williams.jpg

frankie howerd 2.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True.

Reveal hidden contents

kenneth_williams.jpg

Our stock is rising all the time IMO.

Newcastle MAY have made one or two wonder if the bubble had burst, but we've brushed aside those mini demons emphatically since IMO.

I think most players will defo be interested to at least here what we have to say.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, macandally said:

Bailey plays as left footed right winger cutting in, Brennan Johnson would play other side as right footer cutting in off left.

That said, Emery wants that fluidity and flexibility up top.  Cash inverting inside Diaby yesterday a case in point.

Think we would all take Chiesa,  just not sure how realistic it is to get him?

In a heart beat, just not realistic currently lets see where we are at August 2024.

5 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

In a heart beat, just not realistic currently lets see where we are at August 2024.

Never say never.

We attracted Torres which I thought was a year or two off, we're keeping hold of Martinez.

Why do tomorrow what you can do today. 

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I know we are quite well stacked in centre mid but I wonder if we are one of the rumoured clubs after Azzedine Ounahi. Could he could be utilised on the left ? Quality player. 

Or if we’re Looking for a versatile forward / winds player Georges Mikautadze looks like he’s gunna be a real talent 

looks a baller, with Stats to back it up.....Hmmmmmmmmm

Its always hard to judge, when playing in lesser leagues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Never say never.

We attracted Torres which I thought was a year or two off, we're keeping hold of Martinez.

Why do tomorrow what you can do today. 

I think it's more likely he'll stay at Juve and sign a new contract. Juve are not Villarreal, they'll be challenging for the Scudetto this season with no Euro football.

My two favourite former players (plus Pirlo) and potentially…. two favourite current players? 👀 

Chiesa is world class anyway, big fan here 😂

Zaniolo can shine for us…

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I wonder if we will go back in for Lo Celso or Smith-Rowe, the latter of whom is under bid from Chelsea allegedly.

Chelsea interested in Ferran Torres too. Lo Celso would be too expensive to get from Spurs