Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

WTF?! 😳 

Shocked.  One of the top young talents in Europe and probably could have gone to Madrid if he wanted to.  Liverpool had apparently been trying to sign him for most of the summer as well (which is another signing they missed out on purely because of money).  

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Konsa was great today. Emery played RB not pushing forward last season. Konsa can do that. 

So are you saying we are fine with 7 defenders or you think we will play Konsa at RB and get another CB? Or will keep taking players from DM to cover if needed?

1 hour ago, Radness said:

So are you saying we are fine with 7 defenders or you think we will play Konsa at RB and get another CB? Or will keep taking players from DM to cover if needed?

Konsa is option at RB like I said weeks ago. I don't pigeonhole players rigidly to a position like some on here want to do and I doubt Emery does either. Does that answer your questions?

51 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Konsa is option at RB like I said weeks ago. I don't pigeonhole players rigidly to a position like some on here want to do and I doubt Emery does either. Does that answer your questions?

Not really, I understand players can play different positions but if you want a backup to each spot then we are short. My question is would you get a RB or another CB knowing Konsa can move over if required.

10 minutes ago, Radness said:

Not really, I understand players can play different positions but if you want a backup to each spot then we are short. My question is would you get a RB or another CB knowing Konsa can move over if required.

Dendoncker and Kamara have played plenty of top level games at CB so we're not stuck for CBs. Chambers more games at RB than any other position. 

7 hours ago, KMitch said:

Wan Bissaka would be an instant starter and the perfect RB in Emery's system.  He's the best defensive right back in the Prem and an elite 1v1 defender.  I honestly thought he would be one of our targets this summer back in ~February/March, but he's played his way into ten Hag's future plans at ManUre during the second half of last season.  I'd be surprised if he left now because he's rumored to have entered contract renewal negotiations.

Of those three, AWB is the best shout and better than Cash certainly defensively, maybe not going forward, but that's probably the sort of right back we want. However, I don't think Man Utd would sell him as he's started both of their opening league games and seems first choice. We'd probably be more likely to sign Dalot.

My comment was aimed more at the attacking suggestions. I just think given we are about to allegedly make around £40m from selling Academy players that we should be able to aim higher in the attacking positions than Iheanacho and Awoniyi. 

I really have no idea who will come in for the final week of the window. I feel we're ok in the defence with Dendonker experienced as a RCB in PL and internationally. Add that to our other 7 defenders and we've 2 or more who can play each position. We also have January if we need to get cover in 

I think a right footed attacker is needed as we lost Buendia, JPB was going to get mins and is leaving and Coutinho has fitness problems. JJ really only player we can rely on for LM without McGinn out of position. 

Wonder if we’ll see a surprise sale before the window closes, someone that we’ve not seen linked to anyone as yet.

Feels like there will be a couple of inbounds given the fact that we’re selling another 2 players that would at least get on the bench most games in Archer and Philogene.

I think some of these big signings will leave in a year or two. They might sign some big names, but can they keep them? 

Horrible move either way, I always assumed the clause was meant for Champions League clubs, hence why we wouldn’t be bidding etc. 

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Of those three, AWB is the best shout and better than Cash certainly defensively, maybe not going forward, but that's probably the sort of right back we want. However, I don't think Man Utd would sell him as he's started both of their opening league games and seems first choice. We'd probably be more likely to sign Dalot.

My comment was aimed more at the attacking suggestions. I just think given we are about to allegedly make around £40m from selling Academy players that we should be able to aim higher in the attacking positions than Iheanacho and Awoniyi. 

AWB is for me one of the most limited players I have seen at United.  What’s the point in having a full back that is consistently good at winning the ball back, only to then give it straight back to the opposition as any pass over 5 yards is a challenge.

Rather go with what we have than waste a load of cash on someone with such obvious deficiencies in their game 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, macandally said:

AWB is for me one of the most limited players I have seen at United.  What’s the point in having a full back that is consistently good at winning the ball back, only to then give it straight back to the opposition as any pass over 5 yards is a challenge.

Rather go with what we have than waste a load of cash on someone with such obvious deficiencies in their game 

I see what you did there.  Nice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I think some of these big signings will leave in a year or two. They might sign some big names, but can they keep them? 

Horrible move either way, I always assumed the clause was meant for Champions League clubs, hence why we wouldn’t be bidding etc. 

Feels like the lad is just throwing his career away for 💰 

Sad to see really… would have thought the main aim for talented young players is to play in big games and top competitions in Europe… isn’t that the dream growing up?

Playing in a weaker league could stall or hinder development too…

I guess we never had a chance 😂

• Like 1

These major injuries are a real concern… are players being pushed too hard? Clubs having to spend more money to try and counteract the effects of losing key players too…

Another/additional reason why having a deep and high quality squad is necessary to have some form of success…

Enciso at Brighton has just suffered an injury to his left knee…