Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Terrier is a good shout tbf. I’d disagree with left wing… you’ve got Amine Gouiri, Mikel Oyarzabal, Nuno Santos at Sporting. Ander Barrenetxea at Sociedad. Ernest Nuamah at FC Nordsjaelland. Nicolás González at Fiorentina. Alberto Moleiro, Kamaldeen Sulemana. Be interesting couple of weeks for sure ! 

what happened to Fred Smith?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Kudus, Felix, Torres, all we could be able to get and will help our team. 

We’d have to figure a way playing away and at home. Last season we did more high line at home but we were cautious, especially away games. To keep it simple, just play Diaby in Bailey place, while Zaniolo the other side (Ramsey place for now). While he could excel in Baileys place against Newcastle but that was an unthinkable nightmare. We have to get back to what helped us last season. Then by the time we can integrate new ideas. Getting Felix would help a lot, but that would make us play Diaby at Ramsey place. Probably the best thing is to add players that can change the attack from left to right if needed. 

Zaniolo, Watkins and Diaby is as good as it gets.....if they produce what we know that can, all is hunky dory, there.

Its the defensive side, we need to get right and that includes midfield......that is the platform, for the those above to play from.

not today obviously, Nico won't be ready.

If we can get Acuna over the line, that will help too.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Zaniolo, Watkins and Diaby is as good as it gets.....if they produce what we know that can, all is hunky dory, there.

Its the defensive side, we need to get right and that includes midfield......that is the platform, for the those above to play from.

I guess it depends on who leaves. We’ve struggled to get many of the squad players out the door, and even the Aaron Ramsey deal is taking a long time to get over the line for various reasons.

If Archer is off we’ll definitely need another forward, although I would argue that we need another one anyway. Zaniolo, Watkins and Diaby are great, but Bailey is inconsistent, Buendia is injured and Coutinho is the unknown given his injury record.

Defensively we absolutely need to strengthen. Not sure about midfield though unless Dendoncker leaves.

Whatever happens, it’s going to be interesting between now and the end of the window.

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still desperately need a RB. 

Indeed. I'm surprised there's less talk about a right back - especially with Ty out injured - that'll restrict our ability to play Konsa there - even if just for numbers we need a back up right back desperately.

• Like 1

Would love for us to go out and spend the money it takes to find a long term solution to the RB position who slots right in from day one. Barring that I'd be very much up for us signing on of these young Spanish RB's Fresnada or Arnau Martinez who might need half a season or more to find their feet but who could be top players given time

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Would love for us to go out and spend the money it takes to find a long term solution to the RB position who slots right in from day one. Barring that I'd be very much up for us signing on of these young Spanish RB's Fresnada or Arnau Martinez who might need half a season or more to find their feet but who could be top players given time

Both are going to be very big talents. Either would be a huge coup for us. It's the type of ambitious signing we should make and it would Cash some competition and an eventual replacement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not happening IMO

The only chance we would have is if juve are forced to sell him and we were the only bidder but from what I've just seen after a quick Google it sounds like juve are offering him a new contract, I thought the whole thing started out because allegri didn't rate him but it's looking like it was all guff to get a new deal

Any links to that article?

I was under the impression Juve were happy to listen to offers for both Cheisa and Vlahovic?

Bit of a U-turn from Juve isn't it....  if true?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We did have some random links to Dani Ceballos despite his new contract. Question is whether Donk is sidelined through injury, or to avoid one pending a sale late on in the window.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Any club that is interested in him if that's our asking price

100%! If a club doesn't want to pay out valuation then they can jog on. 

I must admit the buyback is a tad bit high but City did this with Luiz, but it went up each season, in all likelihood we won't activate this, but if he comes good then it's an option. 

Just a way to get around FFP! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Indeed. I'm surprised there's less talk about a right back - especially with Ty out injured - that'll restrict our ability to play Konsa there - even if just for numbers we need a back up right back desperately.

Yeah RB, backup keeper and a wide forward were the most pressing for me. Now we have Buendia out and Mings out probably for the season, that explains getting Zaniolo and we have enough CBs and players who can play there but we don't have RBs. We have to start Torres and Carlos to play Konsa at RB, which leaves Chambers, Donk and Kamara as cover. Only takes a couple of knocks and it's a very makeshift backline all of a sudden. More defensive minded top quality RB would mean we only need to use Konsa there as cover and things look a lot better. That would mean competition for Cash too.

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Get a grip!  

What? He is rubbish! 

We need to push on he needs replacing! He doesn't get into any other top 7 side!