Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

How realistic is a Chiesa or something bug like that? Are we not done?

We are not done… Unai has never suggested we are.. he and Monchi have said we want the best squad possible in/under the circumstances and will be active or monitoring things until the close of window…

• Like 2

Someone like Martin Terrier at Rennes might suit us if we can’t get the likes of Chiesa or Goncalves.

LW pickings are a bit thin on the ground as most, if not all, are at big clubs already or just moved.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sne said:

Would Benjamin Pavard be a totally unrealistic target? Bayern want about €40m apparently and the move to Inter has fallen through as they only want to pay €30m.

RB/CB. hybrid. 27 y.o. He's pretty tall so works for the posters on here with a fetish for that. 

you mean me😀

as long as they're tall, they don't need to play with the ball......but Nico can.

Zaniolo... 6'3 yippee.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

Someone like Martin Terrier at Rennes might suit us if we can’t get the likes of Chiesa or Goncalves.

LW pickings are a bit thin on the ground as most, if not all, are at big clubs already or just moved.

Terrier is a good shout tbf. I’d disagree with left wing… you’ve got Amine Gouiri, Mikel Oyarzabal, Nuno Santos at Sporting. Ander Barrenetxea at Sociedad. Ernest Nuamah at FC Nordsjaelland. Nicolás González at Fiorentina. Alberto Moleiro, Kamaldeen Sulemana. Be interesting couple of weeks for sure ! 

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Chiesa is just talk, few people on here getting ahead of themselves he’s not coming to us any time soon.

Kudus, Felix, Torres, all we could be able to get and will help our team. 

We’d have to figure a way playing away and at home. Last season we did more high line at home but we were cautious, especially away games. To keep it simple, just play Diaby in Bailey place, while Zaniolo the other side (Ramsey place for now). While he could excel in Baileys place against Newcastle but that was an unthinkable nightmare. We have to get back to what helped us last season. Then by the time we can integrate new ideas. Getting Felix would help a lot, but that would make us play Diaby at Ramsey place. Probably the best thing is to add players that can change the attack from left to right if needed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, burchy said:

I’ve heard his bark is worse than his bite.

• Like 1

If we sell archer and aaron ramsey for a combined 34m with buy back clauses inserted that really does help massovely with FFP as thats pure profit.

If you get digne and coutinho off the wage bill too we can spend very big for the next few windows

I mean just look at Brighton and all their sales. As if no-one left. Is it only the system/structure/manager or are they incredible in recruiting? Must say I'm a bit jealouse, they're in an awesome place right now. (So are we, but for slightly different reasons)

7 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Not happening IMO

The only chance we would have is if juve are forced to sell him and we were the only bidder but from what I've just seen after a quick Google it sounds like juve are offering him a new contract, I thought the whole thing started out because allegri didn't rate him but it's looking like it was all guff to get a new deal

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Terrier is a good shout tbf. I’d disagree with left wing… you’ve got Amine Gouiri, Mikel Oyarzabal, Nuno Santos at Sporting. Ander Barrenetxea at Sociedad. Ernest Nuamah at FC Nordsjaelland. Nicolás González at Fiorentina. Alberto Moleiro, Kamaldeen Sulemana. Be interesting couple of weeks for sure ! 

Out of all of them I’d argue only the highlighted three make us any stronger and Gonzalez tends to operate more on the right and Oyarzabal isnt that prolific.

Gouiri, yes all day long as I think he’d be good as our LW but can also be equally effective up top and more importantly he’s a consistent scorer. We’d lose him to the African Nations though as I think he’s swapped to Algeria but he’d be a good fit for us.

As I’ve said before I’d like to get two left side attackers, one competition spot for Ramsey and a LW/IF that can also cover for Watkins. 

If we got Terrier and Gouiri (unlikely as they both play for Rennes) we’d have the same options on the left as we do on the right, which would give us a bit more balance in attack. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I mean just look at Brighton and all their sales. As if no-one left. Is it only the system/structure/manager or are they incredible in recruiting? Must say I'm a bit jealouse, they're in an awesome place right now. (So are we, but for slightly different reasons)

They have a huge data analysis from Blooms company. He made his fortune using data analysis to place large football bets (millions per bet). No clubs can compete with them in data as in it would be too expensive to even try et up, it's like a new company needed. 

• Like 1

The quality of our signings this window has been orders of magnitude better than before. I’m v worried that we can’t rely on them immediately, though: we remember the ups and downs when the players were trying to get used to Unai’s system when he arrived. Add more new players to the mix and this process has to start again. 

I am confident in Unai over the long run, but am less optimistic about our ability as fans to have patience (see folks’ comments after Newcastle). 

Don’t mean to bring a downer on the transfer window thread, but I think we need to start focusing on getting what we’ve got to work. 

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

…I think we need to start focusing on getting what we’ve got to work. 

That will be happening regardless, and if the manager wants more options to work with then happy days.

Really wanted Felix but from his antics ‘reported’ this window he does seem like a stroppy little tart. Ferran Torres still the dark horse for an end of window super signing, for me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we sell archer and aaron ramsey for a combined 34m with buy back clauses inserted that really does help massovely with FFP as thats pure profit.

If you get digne and coutinho off the wage bill too we can spend very big for the next few windows

Who is paying 20 million for Archer?

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

They have a huge data analysis from Blooms company. He made his fortune using data analysis to place large football bets (millions per bet). No clubs can compete with them in data as in it would be too expensive to even try et up, it's like a new company needed. 

What about munchies 700 scouts? 

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Terrier’s a no go as he’s recovery from an ACL injury still, didn’t realise when I posted his name as a suggestion. 

• Like 1