Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I hope we're still going to sign that new RB/RCB and they're in the Foyth mould. We need a 3rd CB type to form our back 3 in possession. Torres, Konsa/Carlos, New 

For me this is key

Yep we maybe could have got away with it before Mings' injury with Konsa playing RB but definitely need another 1 now. Only have 7 fit defenders (once Moreno is back) for 4 positions and 1 of those is Chambers.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yep we maybe could have got away with it before Mings' injury with Konsa playing RB but definitely need another 1 now. Only have 7 fit defenders (once Moreno is back) for 4 positions and 1 of those is Chambers.

Yeah, could do with one more.  Acuna will hopefully replace Digne, so if we could add a RB that can also play CB if needed, we would be covered, I think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Exactly, Torres Mings/Carlos Konsa or Mings Carlos Konsa. There were plenty of combinations to get the back 3 in possession.

Now Konsa needs to focus on being the base of the 3 and we need the new RCB/RB in. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I imagine there will be some top clubs in for this guy but I’d be surprised if we haven’t had a look. Spanish, in a position we need with bags of potential and we still have money to spend (I believe). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Zaniolo, Acuna, Fresneda and then one last big deal for a forward and we are setup for the season ahead.

yeah that would be a great window considering we already got Diaby too

• Like 1

I would imagine this would mean that their move for Kudus also collapses. Paqueta probably won't be banned before January considering how long it took for Toney to get banned and West Ham haven't exactly been keen to spend the Rice money.

I'd like us to make our move now, Brighton and West Ham both likely to have dropped out and whilst I'm sure Ajax would be happy to keep him, they must've been assuming that cash was coming in now. Would be ideal for us as can play both Buendia and Diabys positions and we know that Emery wants another attacker even after Zaniolo

57 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I would imagine this would mean that their move for Kudus also collapses. Paqueta probably won't be banned before January considering how long it took for Toney to get banned and West Ham haven't exactly been keen to spend the Rice money.

I'd like us to make our move now, Brighton and West Ham both likely to have dropped out and whilst I'm sure Ajax would be happy to keep him, they must've been assuming that cash was coming in now. Would be ideal for us as can play both Buendia and Diabys positions and we know that Emery wants another attacker even after Zaniolo

He plays predominantly RW/SS for Ajax so not sure it’ll happen based on Zaniolo coming in. Good player though and would fit the mould pre Zaniolo. 

We need a LW version of him more than anything else. Perhaps we’re calling Sportings bluff and we’ll go in for Goncalves in the coming weeks. 

Edited by burchy

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

maybe it to make their wages up....poor lambs.

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

yeah that would be a great window considering we already got Diaby too

If we can stop them at the other end, I would agree.

We scored the one goal away at St James's, that would have given us a great win.....its the other end we need to get right.