Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Herman22 said:

He’s a really exciting player with bags of potential but after his performances for City I think they will keep him around. 

Pep was quoted last night saying he might leave permanently…. 

Guardiola, though, suggested the England Under-21 international's future at the club remained uncertain.

"I don't know [if he will stay]," said the City boss. "When we arrived, I had the opinion that he wanted to leave but now I don't know.

"I don't think a loan is going to happen. He's going to stay or he's going to be sold.

"He showed character - it is not easy to play defenders like [Marcos] Acuna - a young player in these stages, it's not easy. He played good and made a fantastic goal too."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66529484

Would definitely take Cole Palmer if possible, I think he’d have a very high price though because he’s English, talented, and plays for Man City… I suppose if he actually wants to play football rather than take a pay cheque (which would be refreshing in a young player these days!) then we’d be a good choice for him too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Would definitely take Cole Palmer if possible, I think he’d have a very high price though because he’s English, talented, and plays for Man City… I suppose if he actually wants to play football rather than take a pay cheque (which would be refreshing in a young player these days!) then we’d be a good choice for him too.

If they want to include buy back clauses or sell on % they'd have to sell for a lower price.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If they want to include buy back clauses or sell on % they'd have to sell for a lower price.

Yeah true, they do like a buyback clause don’t they? I’d rather pay more and not have a clause though personally, otherwise it’s like the A Ramsey deal where it’s sort of a glorified loan

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’d rather pay more and not have a clause though personally, otherwise it’s like the A Ramsey deal where it’s sort of a glorified loan

or a Douglas Luiz deal where it worked out really well for us and got us a player we normally wouldn't have got at that point and at that price.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah true, they do like a buyback clause don’t they? I’d rather pay more and not have a clause though personally, otherwise it’s like the A Ramsey deal where it’s sort of a glorified loan

Pretty much, but they don't often buy players back.  Only player they did was Angelino and they sold him straight away.

• Like 2

I personally think we are going to really struggle defensively with Mings out. We are severely lacking aerially now and against the big teams we are going to get found out I fear. For me we desperately need a new, aerially dominant defender, even if on loan for the season.

I see Torres as a brilliant, intelligent player technically, though aerially he's just "Ok". Both Konsa & Chambers are not the strongest aerially either & as for Carlos he's still not quite right and appears to have lost some of his spring aerially since the injury. So Mings was by a country mile our best defence against the aerial threat. We surely have to get someone in? Teams will totally be targetting us with loads of high balls into the box and balls over the top now. 

A huge challenge for Emery to resolve this now.

Thing is who on Earth could we get in? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He certainly loves football. Within the last 12 months he turned up with his mates' team and played 6-a-side against my pal's team. Obviously he was worlds away from everyone else, but it was a risky gig for him to be playing a load of 40-something cloggers. I bet the club didn't know!

Either way, it showed that he just loves to play football.

No chance they sell him IMO though.

Ah bless him, sounds a good character.

17 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I personally think we are going to really struggle defensively with Mings out. We are severely lacking aerially now and against the big teams we are going to get found out I fear. For me we desperately need a new, aerially dominant defender, even if on loan for the season.

I see Torres as a brilliant, intelligent player technically, though aerially he's just "Ok". Both Konsa & Chambers are not the strongest aerially either & as for Carlos he's still not quite right and appears to have lost some of his spring aerially since the injury. So Mings was by a country mile our best defence against the aerial threat. We surely have to get someone in? Teams will totally be targetting us with loads of high balls into the box and balls over the top now. 

It isn't just the aerial threat but the organisation as well. The system requires precision execution of the offside trap and without the leadership it might not be as effective. That's compounded by the offside rule changes to favour attackers more, so VAR is less likely to overrule goals for us. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Not sure if we are exposed yet completely without Ming's, really interested to see how Carlos and Pau team up, they are top class players and Ming's wad liable for a few mistakes here and there.... 

if he was scouting for a handy replacement Smalling has been doing great with Roma and really come along and might love another crack at the Pl..... 

• Like 1

I'd really like to see us gazzump this one, he can play in Ramsey/Buendias role or in the Diaby/Zaniolo role.

It feels unlikely now we have Zaniolo, but I think he could be a great signing for us. Plus it would be funny to worsen West Ham's terrible summer

sky sports news reporting a "second unnamed premier league club" interested in Hudson-Odoi....anyone reckon it could be us? he is still only 22, has huge potential still and we could do with someone in that position even though we are signing zaniolo

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

sky sports news reporting a "second unnamed premier league club" interested in Hudson-Odoi....anyone reckon it could be us? he is still only 22, has huge potential still and we could do with someone in that position even though we are signing zaniolo

I’ve never seen anything in this kid to think he has huge potential. Scored 4 goals in his career. No better than El Gahzi imo. Aaron Ramsey has more potential than him. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Hope not. 

16 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Oh god no thanks.