Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Juventus still need to desperately sell players and have a plethora of options in midfield. Chiesa or Lacatelli are the unrealistic dream right now but someone like Miretti or Iling Junior should be attainable. Sundays game showed for me we need more quality centrally and out wide. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I wonder will Liverpool come after Luiz or Kamara with silly money now? If they’re offering caciedo money I’d let them have Kamara.

I wouldnt give them Dendoncker for that price

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Juventus still need to desperately sell players and have a plethora of options in midfield. Chiesa or Lacatelli are the unrealistic dream right now but someone like Miretti or Iling Junior should be attainable. Sundays game showed for me we need more quality centrally and out wide. 

They would happily sell Locatelli. He has been a flop for them

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They would happily sell Locatelli. He has been a flop for them

Really - that would be great ! Locatelli, Kamara, Tielmans & Luiz on paper is definitely champions league midfield. Zaniolo will need a friend to help him settle in. The Donk has randomly been linked to Juve in the past - could sweeten the deal 😂

29 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Honestly don't think we sign another CB.

Konsa, Pau, Carlos, Chambers is probably enough in terms of numbers with Dendoncker and Kamara both capable of covering.

I imagine we may sign another capable of covering two roles. Foyth at RB would make perfect sense to me

Yeah forgot Dendoncker has played there for Belgium… Now the shock has worn off regarding Mings we are actually well stocked at CB tbf. More pressing matters to address. 

27 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Anyone else having weird Slabhead feelings? I just don't see how he fits -- and I feel nervous about the money.

giphy.gif

I'll be disgusted if we sign Maguire.

Was hoping Monchi might be the end of our lavish, careless recruitment.

If that turns out to be anything other than agent chat, the problems remain. Monster Monch can't be that stupid.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There's rumours Buendia has suffered an ACL injury. Guessing JBP will come in for him if true.

Hope it's Bollox and he's fit and firing for St. James Park, so excited for this season. UTV!

Looking forward to Mings & Konsa keeping another clean sheet after only conceding 4 goals in our last 8 matches last season.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Really - that would be great ! Locatelli, Kamara, Tielmans & Luiz on paper is definitely champions league midfield. Zaniolo will need a friend to help him settle in. The Donk has randomly been linked to Juve in the past - could sweeten the deal 😂

I dont think he even gets in our squad on recent years form, McGinn or even Dendoncker at centre midfield offer a lot more

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Honestly don't think we sign another CB.

Konsa, Pau, Carlos, Chambers is probably enough in terms of numbers with Dendoncker and Kamara both capable of covering.

I imagine we may sign another capable of covering two roles. Foyth at RB would make perfect sense to me

This. Agree all day. There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of Mings and Torres in the Twitterverse and casual media commentators who just don't know us that well. Why would people even suggest we need to "replace" Mings? It just seems to an answer the wrong question. We have Torres; he's a stunning defender who plays in a more updated Spanish high-possession style but also does long passes-- he's masterful on the ball, plays towards open spaces, impossible to tackle, etc. Next question, please. Heck, I'd rather see someone like Josh Feeney given a chance before we brought in some lumbering old CB for £30m++.

TL;DR version: Need same transfers we needed before Mings injury: A fast and strong new RB; a pacey LW or wide LM who can keep up with Diaby; a new backup keeper.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

I feel we need that new RB/RCB as Konsa won't get time there as we need him for CB now. 

Also if Archer is sold we get a new striker. 

We could be ok with the squad with those two and Zaniolo. 

I wonder if Tom Iroegbunam will be loaned out again to Championship or if he'll be kept around. 

Traore, Davis, Hause need new clubs. Maybe even Digne or Coutinho if we are planning more signings.

I feel we might be better off going for many changes this summer over fewer if we can and just using the first part of the season for the players to bed in. 

The manager has our and the clubs full support and I'd take a 9th placed finish if we see it all coming together in second half of season.