Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

15 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If we round our window off with Torres, a right back and a young, talented back up keeper it will be near perfect business for me.

Add Doku aswell and it’ll be a superb window esp if we get rid of the likes of Davis for money and not on a loan

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Somebody mentioned Gavin Bazunu. I think he’s one for the future and would be happy as a number 2 that’s gets to play lots of cup games. I’m Europe too.

Is this like a new anti Brexiter hashtag or something?

" We are all Europe "

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Somebody mentioned Gavin Bazunu. I think he’s one for the future and would be happy as a number 2 that gets to play lots of cup games. Including games in Europe.

Has potential but I thought he looked a bit out of his depth in the PL last season whenever I saw Southampton.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

His goal scoring record for a forward is mediocre at best.....no wonder Barca want rid.

You mean his 15 in 35 for Spain or 9 in 21 in the champions league, even his 9 in 28 as a youngster in his first season at Citeh isnt shabby … 

Edited by thabucks

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Lots of jealous fans out there 😂

It's incredible the mess they've made for themselves.

They knew Rice was going. Then sang from the rooftops about £105m fee before getting a single deal done? Idiots.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

He does play wide most of the time to be fair

Thought we wanted someone for the central role to give Ollie a rest.

However, There are wide players with impressive goal scoring records too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

You mean his 15 in 35 for Spain or 9 in 21 in the champions league, even his 9 in 28 as a youngster in his first season at Citeh isnt shabby … 

No, I meant his 8 in 51 games in La Liga.....perhaps why Barca are keen to do a deal.

No,  9 in 28 in a free scoring City side is not bad as a young player granted, and his record for Spain is good.....But I don't see those numbers compensating for Ollies Goals, if he is injured.

Look he could be ok, if we went in for him....but he seems more of a winger, than a central striker, how many wingers do we need?

We will have to wait and see if we sign a next player.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I remember not too long ago it was us looking at other teams wistfully like this. Think we can stand to be a bit more patient as well. We aren't too far away. Nothing really pressing left to do. Let's enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I remember not too long ago it was us looking at other teams wistfully like this. Think we can stand to be a bit more patient as well. We aren't too far away. Nothing really pressing left to do. Let's enjoy the ride.

tbh, what excites me as much, is we have Kamara, who although has been with us a year now, only played in roughly 50% of games (minutes wise) due to injuries, then Carlos back now, who only played in what....1 game total last season?, due to injury.

If Carlos can get back to the levels of player we thought we were getting when we signed him, then add kamara hopefully being a mainstay this season, then add Torres, Tielemans and Diaby, its almost like 4 new signings, maybe even 4.5 new signings when you factor in how kamara was absent for a large chunk of last season.

would be a 10/10 window i think, if we manage to bring in 1-2 more of a similar quality.

• Like 2

Thank the lord we have Monchi and Emery. I would not like to be playing in the English market this summer or probably ever again. We will have to bring kids through ourselves as they are the only English players who are ever going to be value for money going forward.

• Like 1