Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

36 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Still think David Soria was a good shout for a keeper. Believe he's still available on a free, has loads of top level experience and had some overlap with Emery at Sevilla previously. Only thing is I wonder if it'd make sense to use the back-up keeper as a way of getting another homegrown player in.

Oh right:

For a player to be considered homegrown, they must have played for an FA-affiliated club for at least three years before turning 21. Importantly, they do not have to be English — players such as Paul Pogba and Hector Bellerin would all count as homegrown.

Emi’s for sure a homegrown player then.

So I guess the options are even more limited then. I have no idea how good Sinisalo is but he’s just been sent out on loan again, Exeter iirc.

• Like 1

I know we all take the piss out of the whole 'preparing a bid' language by these itk folk on Twitter, but how do clubs make bids?

Do clubs have procurement processes that have to be followed for players? Like, we need at least three positive scout reports, then you put in a proposal to the money people who work out how to structure the deal? Then the legal team? Then the HR people? Or is everything just hypothetical until the selling club agrees to a price and then everything falls into place?

I'd love to know how a transfer works.

Imagine how interesting I can be on nights out 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still hoping for Diaby and Johnson. Then a backup RB...Max Aarons?, and a backup GK.

If we have anything left, and we're not planning on using Iroegbunam next season, then a backup DM might be worthwhile.

I think it will be Diaby and one other too. Hoping it isn't Johnson though.

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still hoping for Diaby and Johnson. Then a backup RB...Max Aarons?, and a backup GK.

If we have anything left, and we're not planning on using Iroegbunam next season, then a backup DM might be worthwhile.

Hoping for a starting RB (Kalulu) not a fan o these “backups” would prefer a squad that can be relied on given the extra games.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, villan95 said:

Interesting shout although it seems he wasn't actually at Sevilla the same time as Unai and Monchi wasn't there when he signed either.

Also I know he was highly rated a few years ago but not sure how I feel about the fact he was 2nd choice at Huddersfield last season.

He only joined them in January and played 13 games, only conceded 16 in that side is a good record I'd say. I think when fit he played. 

I saw he won the Europa League with Sevilla so automatically assumed that had something to do with Emery haha. 

He's won trophies in Czechia, Switzerland, Greece and Spain in his career and mainly been a first choice so definitely a good experienced winner to have around the dressing room, especially with the absence of Young now. 

I know who I'd rather see coming off the bench based on my opinion of Olsen and comparing their careers, one guy has been upwardly mobile and the other has been loaned pillar to post to warm benches.  

22 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Odd that no one has ever taken a punt on him. I've seen him linked with ManUre and Arsenal, and I was pretty sure that Newcastle had all but signed him last summer. Wonder why he's still at Norwich - just noticed he's 23 now.

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Odd that no one has ever taken a punt on him. I've seen him linked with ManUre and Arsenal, and I was pretty sure that Newcastle had all but signed him last summer. Wonder why he's still at Norwich - just noticed he's 23 now.

Because he isn’t that good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I think Norwich overpriced him initially, thinking that they could make a killing. Worth considering now, imo.  

13 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I saw that then it was immediately deleted - probably on advice of his agent or the club. I get the impression JD isn't the sharpest tack in the pack

He’s a kid. He’s younger than Louie Barry. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We need to IMPROVE on Cash, Max Aarons does not. Not sure he's even as good as Cash.

I think we need someone that can play there, perhaps in a different way, but I don't think we need to replace Cash.