Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

15 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

So many other USMNT players I'd rather see Villa sign than McKennie. So so many...

Literally anyone...  He has an awful entourage, is lazy as **** in training apparently, and always seems to find himself involved in drama off the pitch.  His performances since he moved to Juve have dipped significantly for both club and country. 

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Literally anyone...  He has an awful entourage, is lazy as **** in training apparently, and always seems to find himself involved in drama off the pitch.  His performances since he moved to Juve have dipped significantly for both club and country. 

If we could get the Schalke version of McKennie, the guy who seemed to give a ****? Yeah, I'd take him. But he's gotten out of shape and entitled at Juventus, which isn't a surprise as I don't see that as a particularly hard working club.

8 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I'd much rather Tyler Adams than Kessie. I assume he would be on at least double what we hypothetically would give Adams

Kessie is on a monster contract offered by that shrewd negotiator Alemany

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I guess you could to some extent, yes.

However, he showed little in that sh*t show last season to see why he would be worth paying that amount of money for. Equally, He wasn't impressive and he is not worth the gamble when we could spend the money more wisely elsewhere.

Always felt he looked their brightest spark

2 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

We could be trying to sign Vazquez and then loan him out somewhere. Then next season we sell digne and we have a ready replacement.

Or keep Vazquez first half of the season until Moreno is back up and running, then a loan?

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t know who he is?

Said in the other transfer thread him leaving potentially makes sense with Milan signing a few new attacking players, he's their easy cash in to the PL if they need to balance the books

Linked to Everton before 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Said in the other transfer thread him leaving potentially makes sense with Milan signing a few new attacking players, he's their easy cash in to the PL if they need to balance the books

Linked to Everton before 

Seems to be widely derided by the Milan fans. 

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t know who he is?

He was a very highly regarded prospect coming out of Club Brugge in Belgium the last few years. He stood out because he quite literally stood out - he's well over 6ft tall but, at the time, had great technique and ball control which is rare in someone that height.

He's gone to Milan last year for 35m euros, reportedly, and it simply has not worked for him at all. He was their big money move last year and since then he's not scored a single goal.

The hope would be is that the talent is still there, but Milan was just not well suited for him. This is a Monchi-esque move in my opinion.

• Thanks 2