Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, MaVilla said:

lets be honest, if we did have genuine interest in Gnonto, i dont believe for 1 second he would sign for Everton over us.

Seems we dont have any interest.

He is a guaranteed starter in that Everton side, he isn't here

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

When we speak of attacking options many of us have left out Jhon Duran, now just a question do we feel he is not at a level to play for us regularly or do we sometimes forget he exists, i see archer suggested as a option more than him and archer wasnt even with us 😂 but personally i think he is quite raw and needs plenty coaching but do you feel he will be loaned out? 

Personally I think Archer is ahead of him in development and it could do wonders for Duran to go to a Championship side on loan and (hopefully) bang in 20 goals and come back for the 24/25 season to help us win the Champions League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

He is a guaranteed starter in that Everton side, he isn't here

True, but a) he'd probably earn more here, b) he'd get to play in Europe, and c) there'd be less chance he'd be back in the same situation this time next summer.

However, this is all academic, because I've seen nothing to suggest we've actually made a bid. 

For the reported £19m or so Gnonto would be pretty much a cheap punt in today money. Still young so why not as long as we also get some more "finished article" attacking players in.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I believe the stories linking us to Gnonto or Barnes, we don't really need an expensive winger that predominantly plays on the left cutting onto their right, the links to Williams, Johnson, and Diaby as wingers make much more sense to me.

Although I guess in theory Gnonto could come more as a young squad player with potential which would make a degree of sense, especially if we were to sell a few of our existing wingers, have also been linked to Summerville and Illng Jr, so maybe that's something we're looking at.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

lets be honest, if we did have genuine interest in Gnonto, i dont believe for 1 second he would sign for Everton over us.

I think he would choose Everton over us for game time. We probably can’t guarantee him a starting role, as Everton could. 

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think he would choose Everton over us for game time. We probably can’t guarantee him a starting role, as Everton could. 

I really think people are over-rating this. If this was the deciding factor for players, we'd still be captained by Jack Grealish. I'm not saying it's not *a* factor, but it's not *the only* or even *the main* factor. By contrast, I think people are under-rating 'earning more money' (I assume given their financial difficulties we could outbid Everton on this, though admittedly I'm not sure) and 'winning trophies' (we are definitely more likely to do this than Everton). He'd probably also prefer to play for Emery over Dyche. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not sure I believe the stories linking us to Gnonto or Barnes, we don't really need an expensive winger that predominantly plays on the left cutting onto their right, the links to Williams, Johnson, and Diaby as wingers make much more sense to me.

Although I guess in theory Gnonto could come more as a young squad player with potential which would make a degree of sense, especially if we were to sell a few of our existing wingers, have also been linked to Summerville and Illng Jr, so maybe that's something we're looking at.

I don’t think we’d be buying like for like immediately unless we intend to sell. We need players better than what we have and neither tick those boxes. Handy squad players but we shouldn’t be buying for the sake of it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really think people are over-rating this. If this was the deciding factor for players, we'd still be captained by Jack Grealish. I'm not saying it's not *a* factor, but it's not *the only* or even *the main* factor. By contrast, I think people are under-rating 'earning more money' (I assume given their financial difficulties we could outbid Everton on this, though admittedly I'm not sure) and 'winning trophies' (we are definitely more likely to do this than Everton). He'd probably also prefer to play for Emery over Dyche. 

It’s not always the only option, but it’s a thing that they can offer we can’t. There isn’t much else they could offer we can’t. 

sooo, if we are in for him and if he’s choosing them over us, then it’s for the things we can’t offer

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s not always the only option, but it’s a thing that they can offer we can’t. There isn’t much else they could offer we can’t. 

sooo, if we are in for him and if he’s choosing them over us, then it’s for the things we can’t offer

Yes, logically that's true. However I've seen nothing to suggest we've made a concrete offer for him, just a lot of stuff about us being 'interested' or similar. Everton on the other hand have clearly made an actual bid. 

57 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Gnonto chance he joins Everton over us. 

If he has a brain he would join Everton, our system doesn’t suit him and he will play all the games his body allows there.

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Not only that, he might consider being a starter there compared to a squad player here.

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

These are two very different situations

Man City a the final destination

We are trying to become that but we are not at the moment

Players aim to climb to the very top you could join Everton and be very much earn your move to a city , Barca , Madrid ,Munich team

In summary players see these clubs as their final destination, they don't care how they get there 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nope, that's it. And only Watkins and Bailey are of any importance from the people with 2 years left on their contract, so we're in very good shape contract-wise.

June 2025
Watkins
Bailey
Chambers
Sinisalo
Hause
Sanson

Ollie is getting paid.