Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, OhioVilla said:

Watched a lot of leeds this year (don't judge me, they had a lot of Americans). Gnonto was their brightest player every time I watched them play.

Believe he would be an excellent signing. Could be used as a spark off the bench or as a starter in the Bailey role.

To add, I would very much welcome Gnonto at Villa 

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Young won three quarters of his duals that night while Gnonto only managed a third of his. You'd imagine a large portion of those were against one another so it's fair to say Young got the better of things.

Well Gnonto was the only real threat from Leeds that night. He did indeed beat Young to set up a goal. Had that goal been the winner we'd be saying Gnonto done Ash! It's all a matter of perspective really.

I was very impressed with Gnonto's dribbling abilty, with his low centre of gravity. He had Ash twisting left, right and all over the place. Lucky the rest of their front line with rubbish that day, because they had us under a lot of pressure for long periods, and Gnonto was the only real threat.

Young had a tough day at the office, but stuck in there and used all his experience to fend Gnonto off.  For me Young got a close majority decision in that one. But only just.

• Like 1

I’m surrounded by Leeds fans at work and they all think Gnonto is clearly a class apart from the rest of their squad. He hardly started a game though towards the end of the season when they really needed something so they figure it must have been either the new manager didn’t trust him, or he’s maybe got a bad attitude. Whatever it was they couldn’t believe he couldn’t get a game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Well Gnonto was the only real threat from Leeds that night. He did indeed beat Young to set up a goal. Had that goal been the winner we'd be saying Gnonto done Ash! It's all a matter of perspective really.

I was very impressed with Gnonto's dribbling abilty, with his low centre of gravity. He had Ash twisting left, right and all over the place. Lucky the rest of their front line with rubbish that day, because they had us under a lot of pressure for long periods, and Gnonto was the only real threat.

Young had a tough day at the office, but stuck in there and used all his experience to fend Gnonto off.  For me Young got a close majority decision in that one. But only just.

My post was just off the back of the debate of who got the better of things on balance, wasn't a comment on Gnonto's ability or agreeing with the notion that he got "schooled" by Young as it may have been lumped in with 😬

I think both things can be the case that Gnonto showed he's a great prospect and was extremely dangerous that night, and also that despite this Young largely dealt with him fantastically. At least that's how it came across to me at VP that night, was a performance of Young's that stuck with me in terms of showing he still had it despite his age. Saying that I think he was poor for the goal more so than Gnonto skinning him or anything, he kind of lazily tried to win a foul rather than properly challenge the ball and the ref wasn't having it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

thank you for saying Jacob and not JJ

but JJ  runs like a GG....just saying.

Gnonto, would give us another dimension, IMO

Edited by TRO

36 minutes ago, mrhaneen said:

I’m surrounded by Leeds fans at work and they all think Gnonto is clearly a class apart from the rest of their squad. He hardly started a game though towards the end of the season when they really needed something so they figure it must have been either the new manager didn’t trust him, or he’s maybe got a bad attitude. Whatever it was they couldn’t believe he couldn’t get a game.

Sam allardyce was their manager in fairness so I wouldn’t read too much into that.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Legit question. If it’s between us and Everton. (Although it probably isn’t). Why on earth would he choose Everton? 

The clubs a mess and will most likely be in another relegation battle. 

Money. That said, aren't they broke right now? 

8 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Victor Roque joining Barca in jan 2024, would hopefully mean Torres is surplus to requirements either now or in Jan

Shame I’d love us to get Roque- I suppose we can cope with Torres

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Shame I’d love us to get Roque- I suppose we can cope with Torres

Now he’s gone to them the next big thing is Marcos Leonardo from santos 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Legit question. If it’s between us and Everton. (Although it probably isn’t). Why on earth would he choose Everton? 

The clubs a mess and will most likely be in another relegation battle. 

Maybe He likes Toffee's?😃

..............................and Z cars.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Am I being sceptical? or are we being linked with players, we are not interested in, so the naysayers can claim, we have been turned down.

Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Victor Roque joining Barca in jan 2024, would hopefully mean Torres is surplus to requirements either now or in Jan

If we went for Gnonto and Torres I wonder if we'd get another striker as well, or use Torres as an alternative to Watkins. 

Just now, Made In Aston said:

If we went for Gnonto and Torres I wonder if we'd get another striker as well, or use Torres as an alternative to Watkins. 

I think that would be it for attacking players if we got both tbh

• Like 1