Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

With regards to Johnson. 

Id guess that we are “interested” in most tricky/quick right wingers in Europe. As in they are on a list and we’ve enquired as to the possibility of a deal happening. What we don’t know is the order of those names on the list. That’s the crucial bit and what keeps us all guessing. 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Forest in for Iheanacho, 8m. Bit of a bargain.

Reflects market value tbh given their relegation. Only scored double figures once in the league. But a good move for them. 

3 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

We should keep an eye on what's going on in AC Milan.

Their last Non-EU spot is going to either Christian Pulisic or Daichi Kamada. They cannot have both. I'd love to have either of those 2 at Villa.

yeah good shout.

At least Pulisic would be good company for Coutinho on the treatment table.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Their last Non-EU spot is going to either Christian Pulisic or Daichi Kamada. They cannot have both. I'd love to have either of those 2 at Villa.

Injury history is big red flag

7 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Pulisic has an EU passport 

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This account just seems to post random stuff without any source, several posts shared earlier in this thread. This is the latest 

Blacklist?

To be fair, I just came to post that I saw a story with Chukweze linked again from givemesport.

With quotes from Dean Jones... whoever he is.

Although on further inspection, it's a whole load of nothing.

What has Dean Jones said about Aston Villa and Samuel Chukwueze?

Speaking exclusively to GIVEMESPORT regarding the 24-year-old, he said: “AC Milan have been exploring a deal for Samuel Chukwueze, but they are worried about him choosing a move to the Premier League instead. It’s interesting because Aston Villa want a wide attacker and have been linked with him a few times and this is the area of recruitment they are currently looking closely at.

“Finding a new winger is considered the new priority for Emery after reaching a deal for Pau Torres because he wants a fresh dynamic to give his attack a new edge.

“Villa have also been looking at Harvey Barnes and Brennan Johnson, so this is going to be interesting to see exactly how they narrow down the profile of the player they want and need. The ability to be adaptable is definitely something important, that’s what I keep being told.”

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, I just came to post that I saw a story with Chukweze linked again from givemesport.

Speaking exclusively to GIVEMESPORT regarding the 24-year-old, he said: “AC Milan have been exploring a deal for Samuel Chukwueze, but they are worried about him choosing a move to the Premier League instead. It’s interesting because Aston Villa want a wide attacker and have been linked with him a few times and this is the area of recruitment they are currently looking closely at.

“Finding a new winger is considered the new priority for Emery after reaching a deal for Pau Torres because he wants a fresh dynamic to give his attack a new edge.

“Villa have also been looking at Harvey Barnes and Brennan Johnson, so this is going to be interesting to see exactly how they narrow down the profile of the player they want and need. The ability to be adaptable is definitely something important, that’s what I keep being told.”

It’s a joke. 🤦‍♂️

Hard to find any credible links with all this faff and nonsense around…

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even worse, quoting the “source” who has no source 🤣

• Haha 3

Personally i dont think we are interested in Ferran Torres, could be wrong if course but i just dont see us going for him the more i think about it, when i first heard i was buzzing but not so much now, wish we could get either Felix or Nico Williams but neither seem likely so lets see what Unai has up his sleeve 

Edited by RicRic

7 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Ibanez is a left sided cb? Transfermarkt says otherwise... 

It says cb main but also RB and defensive midfielder.... 

Yeah...  He's a left sided CB...  I've watched him play several times for Roma this season.

25 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Personally i dont think we are interested in Ferran Torres, could be wrong if course but i just dont see us going for him the more i think about it, when i first heard i was buzzing but not so much now, wish we could get either Felix or Nico Williams but neither seem likely so lets see what Unai has up his sleeve 

We don't make enough revenue as a club to be paying Felix or other players £250k a week. Honestly don't get the obsession with him. Thought he was mediocre in WC and for Chelsea

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We don't make enough revenue as a club to be paying Felix or other players £250k a week. Honestly don't get the obsession with him. Thought he was mediocre in WC and for Chelsea

Theres no denying hes a great young player but not as special and overhyped as he was regarded by many and thats the best honest assessment. For £160k a week i would certainly have him playing for us without a doubt, he would be a huge player for us lets make no mistake esp under Unai.

5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Firstly xG and xA aren't standardised. Meaning different aggregators have different ways of calculating xG and xA. Unless we know the details of how they calculate xA and come to a unified conclusion on which method is better it could well be fbref that's way off. Reality, we just don't know!

Secondly Buendia's xA on fbref is 5.7 which is not particularly high. It is 0.9 higher than Bailey, and 0.6 higher than JJ. Bailey has double the number of assists, and JJ has more than 3 times the assists. 

So even using fbref it suggests (when combined with his chance creation stats) he is creating lower quality chances.

Like I said reaching!

And even with all that you have to watch them playing because bailey hasn’t played as well as buendia but stats will prove otherwise and ramsey has performed better than both, my question is this is ramsey good enough to start for us if we are pushing for a top 5 finish, buendia and bailey are not which i have long before established.

Thoughts?

Seen that Kang In Lee is on the verge of completing a move to PSG, I underestimated how talented this guy is bare in mind I’ve never seen him play but always thought the talk was overboard BUT PSG ain’t swooping you up for no reason so fair play to them.

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Even worse, quoting the “source” who has no source 🤣

Nah, this one's done. Not even sure why you mugs are doubting it, you can see with your own eyes, he's already ITSOTP! What more do you want, Monchi to be his mum's baby daddy?