Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Glad to hear it but a little surprised… I guess the PL has just accelerated past the other leagues in terms of finances, attraction and star players. 

I mean, there are no top PL teams that would play a 36 yr old Giroud and 37 yr old Dzeko are there?

La Liga and Bundesliga not doing so well?

I don’t follow football/other leagues anywhere near as much as I used to back in the day, kind of fell out of love with it for a while but our resurgence under Deano restored a lot and I’m fully focussed on Villa these days…

Giroud would start for most Premier League teams including his old team Chelsea and probably even United. Dzeko similarly

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This is an interesting link but the main concern here is that none of the twitter posts are actually linking back to a source/article!!!

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maybe with the money saved on Torres and Tielemans, that Emery sees enough in Johnson that he could really be something. I remember when opposition fans didn’t think much of Grealish initially and every season he pushed on further.  

Adding to that, Johnson is a local boy from Nottingham and only just turned 22, there is a lot of growing that can be done there and he has now some PL experience.  

Yes we can get value elsewhere but no idea if they’d flop here in this league and maybe our main targets don’t want to come here.  

The cost will be massive but if he can do what he’s done at there in a better team with us and coaching from Emery then maybe he’s worth it and the one UK Tax, over payment we do, to get the fit that Emery wants.

I don’t know if I want him especially with the cost but if Emery wants him then let’s do it.  I can certainly see the reasoning behind it so I agree with both of you.

The other consideration is personal development, Emery has credit in the bank from where he has taken OK/decent players up one or two levels.

If I am 22/23 and wondering how I make my mark, I would look at Emery as someone who could truly unlock my potential.

I think this is why Ferrari Torres sees us as an option, he knows he is in safe hands 

42 minutes ago, Chine said:

Aah Trent 🤦‍♂️, not sure he’s a top target, don’t think we’ve bid , but FIRMLY BELIEVE he is a target…. Absolutely no clue Trent so just be quiet 

I think that’s a little harsh. 

When Trent posted regularly on here he never posted speculation or prentended to be ITK, but every now and again he got snippets of information that proved to be correct. 

Trent is not a bullshitter, if he’s said we have enquired, we have. 

Edited by av1

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think Ibanez was our alternative to Torres and not our current RB solution.  He is a ball playing left sided CB who isn't the finished product yet, but has the potential to be one of the best in the world.  

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Getting linked with barioua defendera but im concerned about the lack of attacking options. We desperately need to improve in thia area

Already been heavily linked with abraham, lozano, johnson, barnes, felix, williams and more im forgetting. I'm certain we are trying hrad in those positions

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Getting linked with barioua defendera but im concerned about the lack of attacking options. We desperately need to improve in thia area

honestly, i think we are trying to dine/shop at the top tables this summer in terms of attacking players.

With that in mind, i tend to think we are having to wait until the elites at that top table have their fill, and we will have to see whats left over and make our choices from there.

Right now, i think we are sitting at the top table, quietly watching the elites gorge themselves, and seeing if we can get some top level left overs :P

Maybe we will have to drop to the second class table at some point if it doesnt look like any caviar will be left over, lol.

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think that’s a little harsh. 

When Trent posted regularly on here he never posted speculation or prentended to be ITK, but every now and again he got snippets of information that proved to be correct. 

Trent is not a bullshitter, if he’s said we have enquired, we have. 

Yeah ok

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I think Ibanez was our alternative to Torres and not our current RB solution.  He is a ball playing left sided CB who isn't the finished product yet, but has the potential to be one of the best in the world.  

Ibanez is a left sided cb? Transfermarkt says otherwise... 

It says cb main but also RB and defensive midfielder.... 

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

honestly, i think we are trying to dine/shop at the top tables this summer in terms of attacking players.

With that in mind, i tend to think we are having to wait until the elites at that top table have their fill, and we will have to see whats left over and make our choices from there.

Right now, i think we are sitting at the top table, quietly watching the elites gorge themselves, and seeing if we can get some top level left overs :P

Maybe we will have to drop to the second class table at some point if it doesnt look like any caviar will be left over, lol.

Yea it does seem this way doesnt it. Just hope we dont leave it too long in the window

The Ibanez links can obviously be ignored unless Torres deal falls through, we're not spending tens of million on another central defender, he's played right-back twice in his whole career, so not signing him for that position either.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

The Ibanez links can obviously be ignored unless Torres deal falls through, we're not spending tens of million on another central defender, he's played right-back twice in his whole career, so not signing him for that position either.

You don't know that tbf. That role, if Foyth is anything to go by, is a very specific one and his attributes and statistical output are very similar to Foyth's. 

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Who’s better, B Johnson or Pino? Or are they even similar players? You’d think there is more value in Pino

obviously this doesnt account for your teams style, or it does and it can inflate and deflate numbers.

Johnson got 8 goals and 3 assists, Pino got 4 goals and 7 assists.

Those Johnson stats defo underrate him tho, he was certainly better than those stats imply, i think.

image.png.2047ad12dbc9b42aa2efc153eb76a8dd.pngimage.png.1f6e6c0ee8a6644821a92c5e54cd0618.png

7 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

It's not a myth, but comes from his performances in the championship. He got 15 goals and 16 assists in the season before we signed him. 

We don't play in the championship! He has to make huge improvements.