Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

38 minutes ago, useless said:

Percy saying he's under consideration, interestinlgy he says the next focus will be adding 'wingers', so maybe we want a couple.

Johnson would genuinely be a great signing IMO.  But I also think Forest will ask for way too much.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Johnson would genuinely be a great signing IMO.  But I also think Forest will ask for way too much.

Disagree on the first point. You'd be buying someone with potential but hasn't exactly looked that good in the prem. I think we can do far better.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Disagree on the first point. You'd be buying someone with potential but hasn't exactly looked that good in the prem. I think we can do far better.

He's in the third season of his career, having gone League One, Championship and Premier League (for a weak team that most thought would go down).  Has had 11 goal involvements for the lowest scorers in the league on the back of something like 30 last season.

I watch loads of Forest games (live in Nottingham, good friends are Forest fans) and he's a real handful.  Very much potential as you say, and I think the potential price would be a problem as Forest stayed up, but he's exactly the type of player we need.  Direct, runs at defences, cuts the ball back and can finish really well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catanzaro said:

I trust Emery more than this Sam Tighe chap.. plus I'm sure we've targeted Torres, not because he is the biggest priority but rather because we needed to get him nailed down before some CL clubs started sniffing around..

I imagine Emery wants us to be a tactically a very flexible side.. and Torres is one of the pieces of the puzzle to get to that aim. 

Not to say he isn’t a top signing but just a insight on his qualities 

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Good thing he isn't replacing Mings then. 

It still staggers me, despite what he did last season Unai is so underestimated by the football world. Like he wouldn't have a plan to deal with this. You don't spunk money away, pursue a player like this, and most importantly convince him to come here unless you'd perhaps had a bit of a think about how you would play him, and told him how he fits into the plans. It's mega lazy journalism. 

Your right tbf 👏🏽

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

And Kamara is better than Rice too.

He actually is.

Less dynamic, but as a controller, which is what Emery wants, he's better.

Ball winning in the challenge I'll take Bouba every time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

So last two summers we have started the window with a free midfielder and 30ish million CB

lets hope we kick on and sign more, where we failed to last season.

Im not having a gripe though, in hindsight im happy Gerrard didnt have more money to spend, but i fully trust Emery to spend a large chunk wisely.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He actually is.

Less dynamic, but as a controller, which is what Emery wants, he's better.

Ball winning in the challenge I'll take Bouba every time.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d even say our GK, Defence along with Kamara and Dougie is better than Arsenal’s equivalent.  Our issue is further forward where they have Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard in the attacking midfield and wings…we don’t have anywhere close to that.

Spot on. Funnily enough when we improve further forward our defence will benefit.

Absolutely shocking how much Declan Rice went for... He's the most overrated player in England.  If he didn't change national teams and stayed Irish, he'd be a 40 million pound player max. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's in the third season of his career, having gone League One, Championship and Premier League (for a weak team that most thought would go down).  Has had 11 goal involvements for the lowest scorers in the league on the back of something like 30 last season.

I watch loads of Forest games (live in Nottingham, good friends are Forest fans) and he's a real handful.  Very much potential as you say, and I think the potential price would be a problem as Forest stayed up, but he's exactly the type of player we need.  Direct, runs at defences, cuts the ball back and can finish really well.

He offers us less than Bailey does. I don't see the point in going after him, especially with the figures mooted. 

To address the bit in bold: He might run at defences, but he only averaged 1.01 in terms of successful take-ons - meaning he dribbled into trouble and lost the ball more often than not. Cutting the ball back - his assists per 90: 0.09, less than one assist per ten games played. He also completed, on average, 9 passes per game. His finishing isn't too bad, really, can't argue there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2