Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

14 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Tayls normally expects us to be relegated to be fair, he's incredibly positive so far this summer by his usual standards.

I know. I’m a changed man. I was so negative under Gerrard. Started to get super negative towards the end of Deano’s reign. I’d like to thank my fellow VTers for helping me through that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have to agree with you, it was a time to look forward too many years ago, but these days it's just a f***** nightmare.

It's just full of words removed on twitter spouting lies as facts, and as @Zatman says, weapons like Romano who make a living this type of shite. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Sooooo. What are peoples thoughts on the summer so far? I’m fairly certain in previous seasons we’d have signed someone by now by spending actual money… I’ve mentioned in recent posts that I reckon Emery is going to be frustrated this window, much like he (and we) were in January. I hope that isn’t the case because I’m not sure it will go down well with him… 

Mentioned it previously and acknowledging the disrupted time table of that window -

We bought Matty Cash as our first signing of the 20/21 season (confirmed by the club on 3rd September). The previous season had finished on 26th July. Nearly six weeks between the end of the season and our first signing. 

The first game of the 20/21 season was 18 days after Cash signed.

I may start getting a bit more restless after the next week or so, provided it remains quiet.

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

It's just full of words removed on twitter spouting lies as facts, and as @Zatman says, weapons like Romano who make a living this type of shite. 

Maybe the windows are not the problem, maybe it’s just social media 🤣

• Like 2

An English club is supposedly pushing for Jeremy Doku... Our #2 option after Williams?

"Rennes spends but also knows how to sell... as well as it can!"

(on the details of the Rennes sale) "Particularly Doku..." & "Especially to an English club.."

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

This is the kid that Pool said would replace Mane. So if I had to guess it would be them again.

Doubt it given their current options of Diaz, Salah, Jota, Gakpo and Nunez. I think they’ll be looking squarely at their midfield this Summer. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wishywashy said:

An English club is supposedly pushing for Jeremy Doku... Our #2 option after Williams?

We are going to the dark side then…

IMG_1696.webp

yes I know it’s spelt dooku not doku but who cares…

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

I'm thinking there maybe deals done there may not but I think we are not going to hear anything from the club till 1st July reason being Monchi doesn't start officially till then & he is going to want to be alongside those signings coming through the door. He may well be working on stuff with Emery as we speak but officially its the 1st of July he start & it would surprise me that's when our next signing comes through the door 🚪 

17 minutes ago, macandally said:

TalkShite linking us to Maddison, that’s a new one?

They said he was "heavily linked" to Newcastle and Spurs last week. Danny Murphy said his all round game isn't good enough for a top 6 club and Barnes even worse (my God I can't believe I agree with Danny Murphy).

Simon Jordan said he asked Levy the day before if Spurs were in for Maddison and Levy said "No, not interested." 

All lazy bollocks

45 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

They said he was "heavily linked" to Newcastle and Spurs last week. Danny Murphy said his all round game isn't good enough for a top 6 club and Barnes even worse (my God I can't believe I agree with Danny Murphy).

Simon Jordan said he asked Levy the day before if Spurs were in for Maddison and Levy said "No, not interested." 

All lazy bollocks

Good enough for a top 7 club then ;)and I think Levy missed the "at that price" bit at the end of "No, not interested." It would make a change for us to go for one of his transfer targets, rather for them to pinch ours. 

12 minutes ago, John said:

Good enough for a top 7 club then ;)and I think Levy missed the "at that price" bit at the end of "No, not interested." It would make a change for us to go for one of his transfer targets, rather for them to pinch ours. 

Maddison to PSG then…

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Don't think he has the right attitude to be an Emery player tbh. 

I don’t know a lot about his character to be honest, a bloke at work supports Cov and loves him from his time there. I think he’s a good player, maybe a bit of a Bertie big balls though? Not sure