Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I'm optimistic we can sign Guler, someone on twitter last week was saying we've agreed deal for eighteen year old from Fenerbahçe, it must have been Guler that they were speaking of. Some of the players we sign this summer will be players that people thought we wouldn't be able to get.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm optimistic we can sign Guler, someone on twitter last week was saying we've agreed deal for eighteen year old from Fenerbahçe, it must have been Guler that they were speaking of. Some of the players we sign this summer will be players that people thought we wouldn't be able to get.

Coutinho going the other way?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Id say our midfield is 4th/5th best (better than liverpools), but our attacking side which would include watkins and maybe 1 or 2 players alongside him then id say 8th best (attack), we need to sharpen up heavy in this area, defence id say 5th/6th best (defence) 

Based just on goals scored our attack came in at equal 10th best (with Leicester) and the worst in the top half of the table last season (and yeah I know SG but).  Goals against we were joint 5th (with Brentford).  So whilst it is a massive simplification to just look at those stats - they do pretty much confirm your hypothesis.

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There must be some way of getting PSG to be interested in Keinan Davis.

Apparently we’re looking to sign Keinan Davis for £75m ….. 😉😉😉

PSG looking in your direction 

4 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Tap in Fabrizio: 🚨PSG looking at Davis ⚠️ No contact made, they are testing the waters 💦 #PSG

When I see your post, my brain translates it as ...

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 💦💦  💦💦  💦💦  💦💦  💦💦  💦💦  💦💦  💦💦  💦💦  💦💦

and I'm concerned.

4 hours ago, RicRic said:

Id say our midfield is 4th/5th best (better than liverpools), but our attacking side which would include watkins and maybe 1 or 2 players alongside him then id say 8th best (attack), we need to sharpen up heavy in this area, defence id say 5th/6th best (defence) 

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It is so subjective .  Ours is good not great but with potential to be great with none of them past their best age wise.  Our 6 that can play central mid have an average age of 25.16. 

We arent a midfield that can dominate against teams above us .but thats because we arent as strong in other areas and how we set up to be really strong on the counter.

Could our midfielders excel in top 4 teams ?  Absolutely. They are all good enough tactically and some are good enough tecnically.  

Definately the strongest part of our squad in terms of talent. But defence is the strongest part of our squad tactically. 

Interesting… so, what do you think needs to happen or which (sort) of players should we sign to further improve/strengthen that area?

I think our midfield is better than good, I think it’s great with the potential to become  “top” or elite, particularly when you look at Luiz, Kamara and Ramsey (depending on what position he will settle in, LM/LW can’t be ruled out…). McGinn has been playing out of his skin under Unai but… I’m not sure what his main position is and will be and I still spot deficiencies in his game which he makes up for with tenacity, determination and drive…

I also believe we did dominate games or midfields that we weren’t expected to have and surprised a few opponents. I’d mainly put this down to Unai but he’s also shown that we do have some actual quality in our squad that just needed some proper coaching and to be set up correctly, such as being played in their correct positions/roles and given proper instruction - just look at the improvement in Luiz under Unai. I expect them all to improve further with more time.

Tielemans is a great addition and I do believe that Unai will have him performing near if not at his peak ability. 

It’s remarkable, the difference having a top/elite manager and coach can have… he has done incredible work but he’s only getting started!

It’s so pleasing how young they are too, Luiz and Kamara could seriously go on to become one of the best midfield partnerships in the league if we manage to hold on to them… the potential is massive.

No doubt our attack needs to improve but I was just focussing on solely our midfield, and now I’m not too bothered about who other teams sign in that area (even if I like or rate those players). I think we can still be competitive and maybe we need other areas of our side to better complement our midfield.

I don’t want to be complacent though and I wouldn’t rule out at least another addition in that department. 

Our defence has been good but can be further improved. Especially in the fullback areas… 

It just seems like it’s the midfield that needs the “least work” but I’m always open to and happy for us to enhance our team and squad as much as possible.

Attack needs the most work, no doubt about that at all. We must be much more clinical and ruthless.

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why is he a rocket polisher? Overhyped, yes. Got picked for England when he shouldn’t have been - yes. 

That will do for starters.