Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

If we do sign Nico Williams over Nicolas Jackson, Emery must be certain he's got the better player. He brought Jackson into the side at Villarreal, must know him really well.

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

According to Italian reporter  llario di giovambattista tammy was literally wrapped up to come to us for 30€ million before he picked up the injury

According to the Athletic article on Chelsea they were thinking of resigning Tammy. The Tammy stuff is just lazy links, he's linked 24/7 to us 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Out of all the SS/AM links/names mentioned in the last few days who would be your preferred signing to play next to Watkins? 

Joao Felix

Pedro Gonclaves

Jadon Sancho

Paulo Dybala

Nicolo Zaniolo

in order for me

Felix

Sancho

Dybala

Zaniolo

Gonçalves 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Again he got a goal or assist every other game this season in the prem. And he can clearly do better because he barely takes any shots.

7 goals across 41 appearances in all comps is hardly a record to get you splashing 50million+ and mega wages on. Yes, you can massage the figures so that you add up minutes rather than appearances but the fact is he has massively underperformed from what Man Utd would have expected. 

It's all moot anyway, not a chance we will get near his ridiculous wages and very little that he would take a third of what he's currently on.

Leon Bailey had 5 goals across 36 appearances so pretty comparable to Sancho and we already own him

1 minute ago, picicata said:

7 goals across 41 appearances in all comps is hardly a record to get you splashing 50million+ and mega wages on. Yes, you can massage the figures so that you add up minutes rather than appearances but the fact is he has massively underperformed from what Man Utd would have expected. 

It's all moot anyway, not a chance we will get near his ridiculous wages and very little that he would take a third of what he's currently on.

Leon Bailey had 5 goals across 36 appearances so pretty comparable to Sancho and we already own him

But can Sancho run without pulling his hamstring?

• Haha 1

Crazy that's where we're at, exciting times

For me felix is the biggest risk in terms of fitting him in to a system, zaniolo is the biggest injury risk, dybala and sancho both have a phoning it in risk, the Portuguese guy I honestly don't know

Sancho is the one that I think we can get way more out of than what he's shown for utd and England, if he wants it...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Crazy that's where we're at, exciting times

For me felix is the biggest risk in terms of fitting him in to a system, zaniolo is the biggest injury risk, dybala and sancho both have a phoning it in risk, the Portuguese guy I honestly don't know

Sancho is the one that I think we can get way more out of than what he's shown for utd and England, if he wants it...

That doesn't make any sense to me tbh. Why do you think so?

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

That doesn't make any sense to me tbh. Why do you think so?

Nor me. Felix would be perfect in the Bailey role 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

According to Italian reporter  llario di giovambattista tammy was literally wrapped up to come to us for 30€ million before he picked up the injury

Phew we got lucky if it wasnt bullshit. Roma thinking he is so shit they were willing to take a 10 million loss on him

Ings outscored him last season

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Phew we got lucky if it wasnt bullshit. Roma thinking he is so shit they were willing to take a 10 million loss on him

Ings outscored him last season

Im a fan as you know but after this serious injury i wouldnt want us to sign him. He probably will decline even further after that injury

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If we do sign Nico Williams over Nicolas Jackson, Emery must be certain he's got the better player. He brought Jackson into the side at Villarreal, must know him really well.

Nicolas Jackson is more of a no9, they aren’t comparable really . 

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I see what you're saying. However if look at it closely he missed 7 games last season, 11 the season before. Corona virus was while he was out with the cruciate ligament rupture. So it's not too bad for a creative player. As they tend to get injured more. 

I don't see centre back as more explosive the left wing or no 10, bar the jumping for headers. However Zaniolo is a tall player who challenges for aerial balls.

My worry is that his confidence seems shot, and that won't be easy to recover, especially if you're being moved around the European leagues. He probably needs to go back to his hometown club.

He only played 1608 minutes of football last season (just under 18 games' worth) tbf. 

Being a winger is definitely far more explosive than being a CB IMO.