Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've seen some Spurs fans wanting Ollie to replace Kane if/when he goes.

Do we think Ollie would consider it?

Or is this one time you'd hope he is Arsenal through and through? lol

I think he loves working with Emery and his game has gone up because of it. Can’t see why he’d join spurs 

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Only way Spurs could afford Ollie, or Martinez for that matter, is if they swapped Kane for one of them.

Levy would propose swapping Joe Rodon though.

Plus Kane is the only reason to go to Spurs so if he leaves they are even less than they are now which is an average team with now another manager who is untested in the PL.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Media seem to be wanting to sell Christian Pulisic to us. Honestly can't say he ever left any impression, good or bad when I watched him but he's still pretty highly rated right?

Never really been that productive but he's also mostly been a rotation player. Still only 24 and Chelsea need to shed some (a lot of) players.

When he's got, which isn't often, he's got a lot of ability.

When he plays well, which is even less often, he's incredible to watch.

Wouldn't pay a penny for him. Chelsea should be begging teams to take some contracts off their hands.

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Only way Spurs could afford Ollie, or Martinez for that matter, is if they swapped Kane for one of them.

Levy would propose swapping Joe Rodon though.

Agree, Spurs would not spend the amount required to even get a response.

Any doubts Emery may have had about the mad bastard's personality/attitude/whatever will have been alleviated by him being the best keeper in the league since February.

• Like 2

Just now, Tomaszk said:

When he's got, which isn't often, he's got a lot of ability.

When he plays well, which is even less often, he's incredible to watch.

Wouldn't pay a penny for him. Chelsea should be begging teams to take some contracts off their hands.

Agree, Spurs would not spend the amount required to even get a response.

Any doubts Emery may have had about the mad bastard's personality/attitude/whatever will have been alleviated by him being the best keeper in the league since February.

Yeah I hope neither us or anyone else do deals with Chelsea this summer. Let them sort out their mess on their own.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I hope neither us or anyone else do deals with Chelsea this summer. Let them sort out their mess on their own.

Yep. They were thick enough to take Sterling's obviously stupid contract off City as well.

Zaha is soon to be a free agent. He'll no doubt be looking for a big, long contract, given he's 30, but given Emery's words on him previously, wonder if he'd consider him for a couple of seasons if there was an opportunity.

“We signed [Nicolas] Pépé. He’s a good player but we didn’t know his character and he needs time, patience. I favoured someone who knew the league and wouldn’t need to adapt. [Wilfried] Zaha won games on his own: Tottenham, Manchester City, us. Incredible performances. I told them: ‘This is the player I know and want.’ I met Zaha and he wanted to come. The club decided Pépé was one for the future. I said: ‘Yes, but we need to win now and this lad wins games.’ He beat us on his own.

“It’s also true he was expensive and Palace didn’t want to sell,” Emery concedes. “There were a series of decisions that had repercussions.”

From this: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/15/unai-emery-arsenal-couldnt-protect-me-truth-is-i-felt-alone

I would consider much of my shopping at Leicester.....

• Tielemans
  • Iheanacho
  • Maddison
  • Barnes

all quality players, who have acclimatised to the Premier League.....They have all suffered, like our players did ( Pre-UE) so there is every chance the Maestro can resurrect their form.

On form all could make a significant impact on our squad.

• Like 1

Pinch of salt: It's Graeme Bailey.

https://www.90min.com/posts/aston-villa-interested-pau-torres-aymeric-laporte

Aston Villa have held talks over potential deals to sign Spanish defenders Pau Torres and Aymeric Laporte this summer, 90min understands.

They are also keen to strengthen in central defence and sources have confirmed to 90min that Villarreal's Torres and Manchester City's Laporte are two names on their summer shopping list.

90min understands that Villarreal have accepted that Torres is likely to leave the club this summer, and the 26-year-old does have a release clause worth around €50m in his contract.

It's 90min's understanding that the Spaniard is looking to leave in order to play regular first team football, and that could be on offer not only at Villa but also at Tottenham. The Lilywhites are in the market for a new centre-back this summer having finally secured Ange Postecoglou as their head coach on a four-year contract.

Laporte could be available for around £40m, having become City's record signing in January 2018 when he arrived from Athletic Club for a fee of £57m - his contractual release clause at the time.

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Zaha is soon to be a free agent. He'll no doubt be looking for a big, long contract, given he's 30, but given Emery's words on him previously, wonder if he'd consider him for a couple of seasons if there was an opportunity.

From this: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/15/unai-emery-arsenal-couldnt-protect-me-truth-is-i-felt-alone

I think he’s been offered mad money by palace, I don’t think we’ll be looking at him tbh 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think he’s been offered mad money by palace, I don’t think we’ll be looking at him tbh 

140k by palace.  Saudi club offering good bit more

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've seen some Spurs fans wanting Ollie to replace Kane if/when he goes.

Do we think Ollie would consider it?

Or is this one time you'd hope he is Arsenal through and through? lol

He might think about it very briefly if there was a big, big wad of cash on offer (which is obviously unlikely), but after Unai showed absolute faith in him by selling Ings and then coaching him to perform at his best he'd be bonkers to consider moving to a club with a manager untested at this level on the way down and out of Europe. Don't think there's much danger there.

Edited by rubberman