Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Yea and out of those clubs, some don’t want him, some have other priorities.

it is very possible none of them bid for him.

As for all the PSG stuff that is just to agree a fee with them not PSV.

you seem to view this player as one of the best in the world whereas he has played one season in a farmers league.

Yes, he is...  He's one of the best U20 players in the world and just had an amazing season in Holland.  He is not coming to Villa, even if we really wanted him.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yes, he is...  He's one of the best U20 players in the world and just had an amazing season in Holland.  He is not coming to Villa, even if we really wanted him.

Wasn’t Kamara one of the best? And free as well? 
A lot of teams don’t have the courage to take the risk, it’s not we’d beat them if they really wanted, but we could definitely beat them by being more brave. 

• Like 3

I think we made our play for our player on a free transfer. I don't think there is anyone else we'd be after now. Tielemans would be great to boost out our midfield depth on a free. Only 26 was valued at 55m at his peak for years at Leicester. Has lots of Prem experience and European Experience. 

Other than that I don't know of anyone we could be interested in - realistically.

21 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Women. Are. Dirty.

Nobody should underestimatethe  Unai factor. His team took Eddie Howe’s Newcastle apart at VP just a few weeks ago and perhaps due to his time at Arsenal they may even have a good relationship with Tienie we should stop having such an inferiority complex to the alledged big clubs many of who couldn’t lace Aston Villa’s drinks never mind our boots!UTV.  HOME of the former European Champions and home of Unai Emery 4 timesEuropa League winner. Bring it on if you dare!

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we made our play for our player on a free transfer. I don't think there is anyone else we'd be after now. Tielemans would be great to boost out our midfield depth on a free. Only 26 was valued at 55m at his peak for years at Leicester. Has lots of Prem experience and European Experience. 

Other than that I don't know of anyone we could be interested in - realistically.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/endendevertraege

Ceballos… 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KMitch said:

Sorry, the list came out earlier on this year and he's a year too old to be eligible.  He was #27 last year and has passed most of the players ahead of him since then.  

https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/nxgn-2022-50-best-wonderkids-in-football/blt20779a3d73329005#cs436a2f61dc11fce2

Regardless, it's a completely unrealistic signing.  Everyone knows who he is and in the unlikely scenario he was to move this summer  it'll be to one of the elite clubs.

That’ll be us then with out elite manager and infrastructure. 

• Like 1

I still think we will see a lot of frustration this window. We are obviously trying to recruit a little differently to what we have been doing, in terms of targets - and that includes players and staff. There will be many which we fail on. We just aren’t ‘there’ yet. Hopefully we get recruitment stuff out of the way early, so there isn’t too much impact on preparations for the season. We have a decent pre-season lined up in about 6/7 weeks time. I’d expect the bulk of our window to be done by this point. 

• Like 2

Daichi Kamada has still not committed to any team yet. On a free transfer, we can blow any Italian side out of the water with regards to wages and signing on fees.

I must admit, I’ve only seen him a couple of times but he’s highly rated! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I know I’ll be in a minority but I would take Carney back for cut price and lower wages … it will never happen but hold no grudges either 

So would I 

lads just a kid 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

If thw two optiona for a forward are felix or tammy who you going for?

Felix. He's a generational talent who picked the wrong team to stay close to home (atletico) and then joined Chelsea who are, well, Chelsea.

He is still very young and he has the ability to turn into a prime Mahrez/Hazard. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Felix, easy. Doubt we'll sign either but if that's the choice it's Felix.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even me a big Tammy fan would pick Felix, I think he would be phenomenal under Emery

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Daichi Kamada has still not committed to any team yet. On a free transfer, we can blow any Italian side out of the water with regards to wages and signing on fees.

I must admit, I’ve only seen him a couple of times but he’s highly rated! 

Kamada would be a fantastic option at 10. Disappointing WC for Japan but he’s so very technically astute. I am not saying he's realistic but he's a fantastic player.

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Kamada would be a fantastic option at 10. Disappointing WC for Japan but he’s so very technically astute. I am not saying he's realistic but he's a fantastic player.

Thought the Milan deal was a formality but maybe they don't have the funds now that Rafa Leao has signed a big new contract.

Then again them releasing Zlatan will clear some salary space.

Edit: Linked to Liverplop now.

Edited by sne

23 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Hence, PSG. Great names, not necessarily the required characters that are going to sweat blood and tears to reach their objectives. 

Bang on the button.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I know I’ll be in a minority but I would take Carney back for cut price and lower wages … it will never happen but hold no grudges either 

No chance, he can enjoy his time at his boyhood club now

Since we seem to be linked to every defender in Turkey on a early basis I'm expecting links to RB Sacha Boey any day now.

Also seen very iffy links to ESR again as Arsenal might want to cash in and go for other targets. I'd pass on him unless it's a very Villa friendly deal due to injury concerns. 

23 hours ago, paul514 said:

Totally agree, I am not advocating signing him.

but he might be good Paul, I am not saying don't sign him, just pointing out the alternative view to "playing to strengths theory"

I think players have to adapt, as shearer pointed out too.

ps Look how our players have adapted to a different environment.

Edited by TRO