Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

Xavi Simons???? Paul, I want some of what you're smoking, dude.  Some of your suggestions are outright hilarious. 

Let's sign Jude Bellingham and Victor Osimhen while we're at it to go along with Xavi Simons and Paulo Dybala!

Which suggestions are these?

care to tell me why signing simons is so bonkers?

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Which suggestions are these?

care to tell me why signing simons is so bonkers?

He's one of the top young players in Europe and probably had one of the best individual seasons for any player under 20.  19 goals and 8 assists in 34 League games.  If he signs a new contract at PSV which removes his buy back clause to PSG and has another season like that next year, he'll be a 100 million pound player.  I guarantee when the NXGN top 50 list comes out this year, he'll be in the top 5.  It's like saying 2 years ago "We should sign Haaland from Dortmund!  They only signed him for 17 million, so he can't cost THAT much for us..."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He's one of the top young players in Europe and probably had one of the best individual seasons for any player under 20.  19 goals and 8 assists in 34 League games.  If he signs a new contract at PSV which removes his buy back clause to PSG and has another season like that next year, he'll be a 100 million pound player.  I guarantee when the NXGN top 50 list comes out this year, he'll be in the top 5.  It's like saying 2 years ago "We should sign Haaland from Dortmund!  They only signed him for 17 million, so he can't cost THAT much for us..."

Sorry, the list came out earlier on this year and he's a year too old to be eligible.  He was #27 last year and has passed most of the players ahead of him since then.  

https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/nxgn-2022-50-best-wonderkids-in-football/blt20779a3d73329005#cs436a2f61dc11fce2

Regardless, it's a completely unrealistic signing.  Everyone knows who he is and in the unlikely scenario he was to move this summer it'll be to one of the elite clubs.

Meh.

Only so many players the top teams can sign.

In the tier under, I think the likes of Newcastle will be a headache but also only so many players they can sign or need to.

Alot of the top teams are overloaded with players as well, which they need to get off the books etc.

Hopefully we can move quickly to beat these.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Henderson wouldnt go somewhere to be a backup, the reason he wants to leave manure is to get somewhere where he is the no1.

Forest will go back to try and sign him permanently - they want him as their #1.  He only got dropped because of injury, then Navas hit form.  His loan has ended too, though.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Should we start a Slabhead thread???  🤣

Screams like a West Ham/Everton type signing, but wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Newcastle.  No way we go for him...  Doesn't fit Emery's system at all.  

Surely Saudi Arabia is the place to go for him. The country not the club up north.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Screams like a West Ham/Everton type signing, but wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Newcastle.  No way we go for him...  Doesn't fit Emery's system at all.  

It still amazes me how he still get in the England squad/team ahead of Mings whose been incredible this season, not only with his defending but his actual ball playing which is what people rave about Maguire for. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

Oh right, ok.

Well he hasn’t had a second season.

he does have that clause

he hasn’t signed a new deal (not sure that would get rid of the clause anyway)

we are a more attractive side than PSV

We play in the biggest league in the world

have a tier one manager

can afford the fee 

will pay him much higher wages 

i don’t know how low you rate our attractiveness as a club but outside a dozen clubs in world football we are in that next tier of teams.

So unless 

Real Madrid

athleti

barcelona

bayern munich

dortmund

psg

our sky 6 clubs buy him…..

then we are as good a proposition as any other.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t believe we’d sign all these Spanish-speaking staff and scouts to sign players in the league we don’t need. Newspapers really have no clue. 

Que?😝

43 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Oh right, ok.

Well he hasn’t had a second season.

he does have that clause

he hasn’t signed a new deal (not sure that would get rid of the clause anyway)

we are a more attractive side than PSV

We play in the biggest league in the world

have a tier one manager

can afford the fee 

will pay him much higher wages 

i don’t know how low you rate our attractiveness as a club but outside a dozen clubs in world football we are in that next tier of teams.

So unless 

Real Madrid

athleti

barcelona

bayern munich

dortmund

psg

our sky 6 clubs buy him…..

then we are as good a proposition as any other.

We're in the top 20 biggest clubs in the world right now, but there are ~15 of them that have more money and/or pulling power than we do.  We could blow our entire transfer budget on this kid, theoretically, but every single one of those clubs you listed would offer him the same wages or better.  We ultimately couldn't compete with just one of the clubs ahead of us (PSG) for Asensio, what makes you think we can beat out a dozen of them for one of the hottest properties in European football right now?  The reason PSG haven't triggered his very cheap buy back clause is because he doesn't want to go back...  He can tell them to fook off if they trigger the clause.  He wants first team football and has publicly stated he wants to stay at PSV.  

Sorry, dude, but you need to take off your claret and blue tinted glasses.  We're more likely to sign Messi than Xavi Simons, and I've already stated how ridiculous that suggestion is.  

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

The only way he's getting picked to start in a Premier League Top 8 team is if Southgate's the manager.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

We're in the top 20 biggest clubs in the world right now, but there are ~15 of them that have more money and/or pulling power than we do.  We could blow our entire transfer budget on this kid, theoretically, but every single one of those clubs you listed would offer him the same wages or better.  We ultimately couldn't compete with just one of the clubs ahead of us (PSG) for Asensio, what makes you think we can beat out a dozen of them for one of the hottest properties in European football right now?  The reason PSG haven't triggered his very cheap buy back clause is because he doesn't want to go back...  He can tell them to fook off if they trigger the clause.  He wants first team football and has publicly stated he wants to stay at PSV.  

Sorry, dude, but you need to take off your claret and blue tinted glasses.  We're more likely to sign Messi than Xavi Simons, and I've already stated how ridiculous that suggestion is.  

Yea and out of those clubs, some don’t want him, some have other priorities.

it is very possible none of them bid for him.

As for all the PSG stuff that is just to agree a fee with them not PSV.

you seem to view this player as one of the best in the world whereas he has played one season in a farmers league.

• Like 1