Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

I personally feel like konsa is a decent option to have at right back but that even though emery prefers that his right backs mainly defend, they do still sometimes attack and dribble/challenge the opposition, Konsa has basically nothing to offer in that department 

Konsa dribble well, he’s good at taking the ball forward and the most player after Grealish I’ve seen winning us fouls. Not sure about his crosses, but it’s not as if Cash knows how to cross anyway.

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

It's the sum of the parts with us, as we don't have the financial muscle to compete with the established champions league teams. But, If anyone can get us overachieving, it's Emery. 

I just had a quick nose at the last money league table, I think with us finishing higher this year we will be 15th highest turnover in the world. Trouble is the sky 6 pretty much turn over double or more what 15th place does

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

You're right.  Emery should just give up, pack his bags, and leave.  Messi, Mbappe, and Haaland won't join us at the Villa, so what's the point in managing us then?

We're talking about someone who managed Villarreal on a shoestring budget for years and kept them competitive with some really good players, not Pep who has only managed teams with the biggest budget in their respective leagues.  We might not be able to attract most top Champions League quality players this summer, but if we're persistent and continue to go after players who fit the project, we'll end up with more quality than we have.  Take Newcastle, for example.  The didn't even have European footy when they signed Guimaraes and Isak, but they have a lot of money and so do we.  You'd be surprised the pull we still have in the transfer market with Premier League footy, Premier League money, and an elite manager like Emery.  

i think the bigger thing is the media will link us to all and sundry, the player agents will use us, we will comment on absolutely nothing and fans will get ants in their pants over nothing

same every transfer window, maybe slightly different this summer as we seem to be linked to even more players

emery will know exactly whats going on so if / when asensio joins say PSG he will know why and its more than likely not going to be for the reason that football insider tells us it is

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Felix going back to athletico it seems with poch not wanting to keep him. I wonder if we’ll try for him.

We definitely need to have a look. I think he’ll be a huge success if he comes here.

• Like 1

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

We definitely need to have a look. I think he’ll be a huge success if he comes here.

He was also happy to stay apparently even after all the issues they’re going through. I’ll be surprised if we don’t 

9 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think he's a very talented player and a big upgrade on Buendia but its a very difficult deal to close. Chelsea paid 9m euros for 5 month loan. Athletico paid a huge sum for him. They'll take a haircut I think but will still want massive money which would be a big big risk for someone who didnt set PL alight in his short time here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I think he's a very talented player and a big upgrade on Buendia but its a very difficult deal to close. Chelsea paid 9m euros for 5 month loan. Athletico paid a huge sum for him. They'll take a haircut I think but will still want massive money which would be a big big risk for someone who didnt set PL alight in his short time here. 

Back of the cigarette packet maths suggests they'd need to sell him for £65m to break even on FFP. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Felix going back to athletico it seems with poch not wanting to keep him. I wonder if we’ll try for him.

Spanish press now linking us with him lol. Straight after Asensio choosing PSG.

Just now, villaglint said:

I think the interest from other big clubs has plummeted since his Chelsea loan.  He showed that he was a talented kid who can do a lot of tricks and flicks and occasionally dribble by a man, but his work rate and production was very low.  He is a very immature player, plus there were rumors of him and his entourage having one too many nights out in London during the season.  I think he has the potential to be an elite talent, but at 23 he needs to start putting in the work on the training ground and realizing it.  I have a feeling that Atletico will try to sell him to Newcastle for big money because he's significantly better than Anthony Gordon and they saw how much money the Saudis threw at them.  

I know Emery was interested in him last January and he confirmed our interest in a prematch presser, but I think the only way we'd actually get Felix is if nobody else offered Atletico as much as we would be willing to fork over for the transfer, and I don't think Emery will spend that much of our transfer budget on him.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Spanish press now linking us with him lol. Straight after Asensio choosing PSG.

To be fair, having now being experienced in the League, having been to our ground, and seeing that we are the greatest club which ever existed, he may be easier to get than Asensio ever was.

From having a meltdown about a random Bulgarian signing a few years ago to being linked with Asensio and Felix... things could be worse.

4 years younger as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You can see the disparity in earnings and power, when the likes of Man U can casually pay Maguire 10 mill to piss off and Chelsea can have 300 players on books.

Whilst everyone else has to fight to balance FFP. lol

I think football should be like F1 and have a budget cap same figure across the board and then the following season the higher you finish the lower your budget. Things that shouldn’t be taken into account are developing youth and spending on the stadium training ground etc. 

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Must admit I thought João Félix looked pretty average at Chelsea...

Perhaps that is due to their own problems; maybe Emery could improve him?

Mate... John McGinn looked a Championship player not so long ago.

I think Unai could work wonders with a player as naturally talented as Felix.

Chelsea have made alot of very good players look absolute tripe this season.

• Like 2

I thought Felix looked good for Chelsea every time I watched him play for them which wasn't that much admittedly. Would love to have him here but can't see us paying the fee that they'd want for him.