Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Arsenal supporting friend of mine says Ceballos was crap for them and a flop. 

Also said he was injury prone.

I swear there should be some sort of tax for this. Arsenal Fan TV should have to pay YouTube for the views they get. 

Imagine the problems with the NHS the money from this could solve. 

Emiliano Martinez. 

Unai Emery. 

Say no more. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Strongly linked to Man U all season. But yeah, seen as the next Robbie Keane over here.

or Frank Stapleton

32 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We’d have to send them the summer transfer budget 

Get it done!!!

money.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

Test the water for Evan Ferguson.

no chance. we already have a young & promising Scottish striker, and Ferguson just signed a new long term deal so he would be at least 60m 

1 hour ago, allani said:

OK in that case I would agree on the Moreno / Digne thing.  McGinn has definitely given everyone something to think about.  And the point is he will still be getting a lot of minutes next year as he'll definitely start some matches through tactical choice and others through injury, suspension, rotation.  Having him on the bench will mean that he will come on and give everything for the 30 minutes he is on trying to make sure that he can claim the shirt.  A McGinn with a point to prove is a pretty cool weapon to have whether he is starting or coming off the bench.

SJM arrived at Villa in Aug 18 on a 4 year contract.  In Dec 20, with 2 years still to run, his contract was extended to June 25.  With just 2 years left on his current deal, Villa will once again be thinking about renewing his contract, assuming these negotiations haven’t started already.  No one is a guaranteed starter, but I don’t believe SJM would be too happy with the idea that he might be reduced to coming on for 30 mins to prove any sort of point.  The guy’s playing out of his skin week after week, and yet still people on here are talking about an upgrade.  As a Hibby Villan since the days of Cropley and Bremner, I would love it if he stays and wins trophies at Villa.  But if all Villa have to offer SJM is the odd game or the odd half hour here and there, then I’m afraid they are probably better off without each other.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We do, Luiz. Luiz and Kamara will be first choice. We're not spending mega millions on someone in that position as back up/rotation. We are top 6  under Emery. Why don't people discount the Gerrard 11 games?

Luiz is not the same kind of DM that Kamara is.....

You say why can people accept we are top 6, because 1 we aren't 2, we are likely to end up playing in the mickey mouse conference league next year, 3 injurys happen, 4 bad form happens.

27 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

no chance. we already have a young & promising Scottish striker, and Ferguson just signed a new long term deal so he would be at least 60m 

I’d say double that. They turned down 75 million for Caicedo. 

• Like 1

Watkins/new

Ramsey                          N.Williams

Luiz

Ugarte               Kamara 

With McGinn as an option to start in any of those positions in midfield. Looks tasty. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Chelsea leading the race for him if Twitter is to be believed. Any player that chooses Chelsea after the shit show they’ve been needs their head examined.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stockbridgehibby said:

SJM arrived at Villa in Aug 18 on a 4 year contract.  In Dec 20, with 2 years still to run, his contract was extended to June 25.  With just 2 years left on his current deal, Villa will once again be thinking about renewing his contract, assuming these negotiations haven’t started already.  No one is a guaranteed starter, but I don’t believe SJM would be too happy with the idea that he might be reduced to coming on for 30 mins to prove any sort of point.  The guy’s playing out of his skin week after week, and yet still people on here are talking about an upgrade.  As a Hibby Villan since the days of Cropley and Bremner, I would love it if he stays and wins trophies at Villa.  But if all Villa have to offer SJM is the odd game or the odd half hour here and there, then I’m afraid they are probably better off without each other.  

Yeah giving his spot to anyone else right now would be ridiculous give his run of form since feb.