Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Torres and Asensio play in the same position? It would be one or the other surely?

different sides and different primary foot. Torres is right foot, Asensio is left. So let's just get both in

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

The Athletic had an article up about who was best for each of Saints players. They had Ward-Prowse down for us and Newcastle. Personally I don't see where he'd fit in here under Emery we've a lot of similar players and he'd be marginal increase on them rather than the step increase we need.

Exactly.

I think in the Dean Smith days he would have been a good signing for where we were at the time as a club. 

He's got a cracking free kick on him, but as you say, if we're looking at top 6 quality players from Europe, he doesn't fit where we want to go as a team moving forward.

Shows how far we've came as a club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly.

I think in the Dean Smith days he would have been a good signing for where we were at the time as a club. 

He's got a cracking free kick on him, but as you say, if we're looking at top 6 quality players from Europe, he doesn't fit where we want to go as a team moving forward.

Shows how far we've came as a club.

I think he'll join Newcastle who need a bigger squad for the Champions League and he can be part of a rotation there and fills an English player slot too

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone know anything about Baena? 

Young plays for Villarreal technical neat and tidy and retains possession well. Obviously has potential but has never wowed me when I’ve watched him play but may very well fit our system.

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sure.

———————Hogan———————————
———————————Torres———————
Guendouzi—Kamara—Ugarte—Asensio

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I like the idea of this team , if nico or ferran could play on the left then id choose them both and play whoever could do a job on the left.

C28BFDBA-DBBD-4EAA-A6FF-73E1E5E76C90.jpeg

giphy.gif

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RicRic said:

And now the more I think about it im not sure this alemany guy is the man for us because hes just interested in big name players similar to how chelsea have operated this season bought a bunch of names which failed miserably , i wanted for us to get the guy from I think it was sevilla .. cordon ? Antonio cordon I think the name was correct me if im wrong… seems more stable, careful and precise in the profile of player he would look at. 

i certainly do not want us wasting money which i think we need to be very careful with.

I dunno. Maybe let the guy at least start his job before writing him off? 

40 minutes ago, RicRic said:

You can be 26 and still over the hill just look at delle alli haha 

Absolute no comparison between Alli and Asensio

One has played nearly 300 games for Real Madrid and the other couldnt get a game for Everton

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I like the idea of this team , if nico or ferran could play on the left then id choose them both and play whoever could do a job on the left.

C28BFDBA-DBBD-4EAA-A6FF-73E1E5E76C90.jpeg

Blimey, that side needs some work.  

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Baena is a bit of a scumbag if stories are believed that he was insulting Valverde unborn baby

I heard this story before but we don’t know the truth Valverde punched him then the story of Baena insulting his unborn baby came out which Baena denied.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

———————Watkins——————————
———————————Torres———————

😍

I'd love that, but I think I'd just about prefer Dougie over Guendouzi

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sure.

———————Hogan———————————
———————————Torres———————

Will Torres be able to find Hogans runs though?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I heard this story before but we don’t know the truth Valverde punched him then the story of Baena insulting his unborn baby came out which Baena denied.

How can you insult something which hasn't been born. I would think even newly born babies are fairly difficult to insult. 

• Haha 3