Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Rather than spunk £40mill + on either Eze or Olise much rather we find the next ones and if Chelsea don’t sign him - Alex Matos sounds like a very exciting young prospect and fits the bill. 

They have this young Italian midfielder on their books named Cesare Casadei that looks like a future star. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Rumours we’re going to go in for ESR again. He’s been very unlucky with injuries this season.  It was UE that gave him his debut at Arsenal. 

Is there easier job than football transfer rumour spoofer?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't think there is anything in it but I still hate the Walker & Phillips rumors. One is a soon to be 33 y.o wasteman™ with Grealish-like off field behavior and the other one is a perpetual sick note who IMO is limited and overrated and who has only played about 390 minutes or 4.5 games worth of football this season.

Both would want big wages and we'd be helping Man City get rid of their unwanted players. Just no.

I’ve always rated Phillips and thought he’d be a terrific signing when we were linked but with you on it now. 

He signed away his football career when he went to Man City. It wasn’t a Grealish like situation where he was destined to become one of their best players because he was that good, he was always being brought in as a squad option. 

He isn’t a bad player, but let somebody else pay the £40m they’d want to take him off their hands. No better than the much improved Luiz and Kamara. Much prefer somebody like Lavia/Kone at that sort of fee. 

FWIW, the links are absolute nonsense. No way are we interested in Kalvin Phillips. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

You brought it up in the first place, I was merely adding my tuppence.

Why post if you don't care? Surely you post to solicit a response, huh?

Yeah trust in Emery, agreed. 👍 

No I meant I like the conversation about individual players but for once I don’t care who comes in because I’m putting my total trust in Emery so even if I disagree or negative about speculation before a player comes in, if we then bring that player in that I trust fully Emery.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Rumours we’re going to go in for ESR again. He’s been very unlucky with injuries this season.  It was UE that gave him his debut at Arsenal. 

Nelson on a free would be excellent and ESR added to that id be delighted.  Would be upgrades to sanson ans nakamba

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No I meant I like the conversation about individual players but for once I don’t care who comes in because I’m putting my total trust in Emery so even if I disagree or negative about speculation before a player comes in, if we then bring that player in that I trust fully Emery.

Got ya, I agree my friend.

UTV

• Thanks 1

On 20/04/2023 at 12:43, Nicho said:

I think we will have the budget for one or two punts.

Kang-In for £18 mil sits in that range for me, he’s got good stats but not extortionate, if it works we’ve got a young Korean winger who will attract fans if not we’d get close to that amount back and still have had some Koreans take notice of us. 

He could have a good Korea with us.

• Sad 1

ESR would be a good signing but just can’t see this happening, I think it’s lazy journalism and would be expensive, I think we can find better value. However, part of me would love to hear Leon Bailey and ESR having a conversation together though.

Walker and Philips won’t happen, we are so past this sort of thing.

TBH, I trust whoever we land will work in the system from now on, and given what performances Emery has wrung out of most of what we’ve got, the fee won’t concern me, Moreno shows he values specific ability and that doesn’t necessarily mean they have to be expensive.

Edited by thunderball

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

On a free he would be a great signing. He scores goals i think this would be a very smart signing

He has a 1 in 6 goal record 

The incredibly critcized Bailey has a record of 1 in 5

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has a 1 in 6 goal record 

The incredibly critcized Bailey has a record of 1 in 5

He has 3 goals and 2 assists in 113 mins this season 

It's criminal if Arsenal don't give him new contract and would absolutely jump at signing him

Edited by Kiwivillan