Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he may go france.  Can see a french club coming in for him.

I like tierny think he is very good just injury prone.

And count me in for the johnson from forest he looks like a exceptional talent

Can’t see him leaving he’ll be rotating with Moreno as he’s a different type of fullback, Tierney and Moreno are similar so wouldn’t make sense in terms of giving Emery options . I don’t think teams in france could afford Digne’s wages or fee it’s hardly a priority area to address in the summer.

Johan Bakayoko (19) PSV

Sign this kid up, he’s scored again today,  thats 5 now in 9.8 games worth of mins (889) over 14 games. 

I think he’s going to be better than Madueke, probably is already (IMHO)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

AWB is absolutely terrible on the ball, I don’t want him near our team if we’re going to be playing it out from the back 

Nope. He's worked on his game and improved himself. He's passable on the ball now.

Not a signing I would make, but I like players who work and improve.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I can see us bidding for Tierney.

Hardly played for Arsenal this season and signed for them under Emery.

Comes in as our first choice with Moreno as back up on half the wages Digne is currently on.

Digne won't be leaving without us taking a fat hit, so I think he'll stay.

Tierney great but injury prone. Similar to Smith-Rowe from arsenal actually. 

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Johan Bakayoko (19) PSV

Sign this kid up, he’s scored again today,  thats 5 now in 9.8 games worth of mins (889) over 14 games. 

I think he’s going to be better than Madueke, probably is already (IMHO)

Hope we go for him this summer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Can’t see him leaving he’ll be rotating with Moreno as he’s a different type of fullback, Tierney and Moreno are similar so wouldn’t make sense in terms of giving Emery options . I don’t think teams in france could afford Digne’s wages or fee it’s hardly a priority area to address in the summer.

Marseille have likes of Alexis Sanchez and Dimitri Payet on their books currently. These guys won't be on 20-30k given what they were earning in premier league a few seasons ago so I think they could do a deal for Digne if they wanted imo.

If we offload Digne would anyone go for Maatsen at Burnley. I know he’s a Chelsea player but his stats in the championship (4 goals, 5 assists, 29 games) are decent and the championship is a good standard

• Like 1

On 04/03/2023 at 07:26, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

James Ward Prowse might be one of the best set piece takers in the Premier League, even in the history of the PL, but it's just not that important of a skill. He has scored 17 free kicks in 11 seasons - 326 games. Conversion rates are so low for everyone, that although scoring the odd screamer is great when it happens, it just doesn't happen enough to factor into a decision about signing a player, especially when we already have two players who have scored direct from set pieces this season.

Really good post and agree with all of it, but I think JWP would score a fair few more FKs in a side that won more FKs.

But agree, there’s a reason why one of the best FK takers of all time plays for Southampton and not Real Madrid.

1 hour ago, burchy said:

If we offload Digne would anyone go for Maatsen at Burnley. I know he’s a Chelsea player but his stats in the championship (4 goals, 5 assists, 29 games) are decent and the championship is a good standard

I have had a boner for Borna Sosa for a few years now, he wouldn't be that much and has plenty of years left in him at 25.

He is definitely better than Moreno

6 minutes ago, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

Scuffed it compared to Steven Reid 😛

Any excuse to watch that again. 

Blackburn Vs Wigan...... in the premier league.

Seems like a lifetime ago now.

12 hours ago, burchy said:

id be a bit disappointed if we signed another left back. We cant change every position and that one feels ok to me. 

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Really good post and agree with all of it, but I think JWP would score a fair few more FKs in a side that won more FKs.

But agree, there’s a reason why one of the best FK takers of all time plays for Southampton and not Real Madrid.

JWP only made sense when we had Grealish as he constantly won us 5-10 free kicks on the inside left channel. 

On 05/03/2023 at 11:51, gwi1890 said:

The manager in charge was questionable  the board tried to back him and bought players he wanted but clearly it didn’t work I’m glad they didn’t give him any more money to waste. Emery wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t given assurances of reasonable backing he’s already learned that the hard way at Spartak Moscow and wouldn’t fall into the same trap again. 

FingersCrossedEmoji.jpg