Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 hours ago, burchy said:

I‘d like to see us loan Duran out for a full season next year and go with NEW, Watkins and Archer as the striking options. 

I think Archer deserves his chance next year. 

If the talk of Alvarez is true he’d be a good one for the Bailey role. Get agent Dibu on the case. 

I’d argue if you sign a new starter it is Watkins that makes sense to go.

ergo unless it is a real opportunity you keep what we have.

If Archer is to be given a go then we can’t be signing someone new and keeping Watkins 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Alex Scott is basically a younger Jack Grealish. I’d be disappointed if we weren’t interested in him. 

Was just about to post the same thing. Looking unfazed against Citeh and is one of those players, like Maddison, that will be worth far more than he is bought for after a few seasons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Was just about to post the same thing. Looking unfazed against Citeh and is one of those players, like Maddison, that will be worth far more than he is bought for after a few seasons.

Yep. This isn’t just based on tonight. I’ve watched him a few times and it’s eery just how similar he is to Grealish. And I f***** loved Jack Grealish so Scott would do me just fine.

That Clarke at Sunderland is also very, very similar but Not as good I don’t think.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Alright Birmingham Mail clickbait headline.

Vill given transfer ultimatum following pre season shocker 

Villa sent message about this player, all fans say the same thing.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/02/2023 at 10:21, wilko154 said:

You've got £100 million to spend, but you can only spend it on one player.

Which position in our current side are you spending the money on?

If it's based on the position I think we can make the most obvious and immediate upgrade to the first team, I'd spend it on a Right Back, who's good defensively, good in the air and composed on the ball. Foyth is the obvious candidate as someone who did that exact role very well.

If you take attainability out of the equation and just consider who would be the best 100m player that would suit us, Randal Kolo Muani for the Second Striker.

If you just look at all of the players we've been linked to, Mikel Merino is the one I want us to sign most as a creative CM, to play alongside Kamara, Luiz and one of Ramsey, Buendia, Coutinho or Bailey, depending on the opposition.

Those are the top 3 positions I'd like us to target in order. Anything beyond that would be gravy.

1 hour ago, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

If it's based on the position I think we can make the most obvious and immediate upgrade to the first team, I'd spend it on a Right Back, who's good defensively, good in the air and composed on the ball. Foyth is the obvious candidate as someone who did that exact role very well.

If you take attainability out of the equation and just consider who would be the best 100m player that would suit us, Randal Kolo Muani for the Second Striker.

If you just look at all of the players we've been linked to, Mikel Merino is the one I want us to sign most as a creative CM, to play alongside Kamara, Luiz and one of Ramsey, Buendia, Coutinho or Bailey, depending on the opposition.

Those are the top 3 positions I'd like us to target in order. Anything beyond that would be gravy.

I think the obvious for the right back is Liveramento if Southampton go down.

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

No but there was one or two her saying we should have him last summer.

Yeah after watching the England u19s he was the 4th best player behind the 3 villa lads

The RB from arsenal also looked interesting, proper modern full back, exciting going forward terrible at defending

Then bynoe gittens at Dortmund

But after that not many stood out

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

That Clarke at Sunderland is also very, very similar but Not as good I don’t think.

Agreed Clarke looks handy... but there must be a reason why his time at Spurs didn't work out.  Still, only young.