Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

12 minutes ago, sne said:

In a choice between Tammy for what Roma are likely to ask or Thuram on a "free" with a big signing bonus and a big contract I'd rather go Thuram.

I would have agreed a few months back but his stats have dropped off a cliff recently. Might be his head’s not in the game and more focussed on the Summer though. 

I know he’s not playing for Lyon but I can see us going for Moussa Dembele on a free

1 minute ago, burchy said:

I would have agreed a few months back but his stats have dropped off a cliff recently. Might be his head’s not in the game and more focussed on the Summer though. 

I know he’s not playing for Lyon but I can see us going for Moussa Dembele on a free

Seem to have struggled with injuries after the WC. No big ones but probably hasn't helped. Also been quite a long winter break for the Bundesliga that adds even more rust.

22/23 Muscular problems Feb 13, 2023 - 5 days 1Borussia Mönchengladbach
22/23 Knee Problems Jan 15, 2023 Jan 24, 2023 9 days 1Borussia Mönchengladbach
22/23 Abdominal Influenza Nov 13, 2022 Nov 16, 2022 3 days -
22/23 Calf Problems Sep 26, 2022 Sep 29, 2022 3 days
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sne said:

In a choice between Tammy for what Roma are likely to ask or Thuram on a "free" with a big signing bonus and a big contract I'd rather go Thuram.

Yes indeed. Particularly as Thuram is more than capable of playing the role Bailey is currently occupying.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Even then, wouldn't you agree he's only slightly better?

Not worth the £50m Roma will want when we'll then have two very similar forwards, of about a similar level.

I wouldn't prioritise signing a striker at all, that money needs spending elsewhere in the team IMO.

I think the better question would be who do you get rid of if you sign any new number 9.

Watkins, Archer or Duran.

Archer has never had a chance, Duran has just been signed and Watkins is number one right now.

I'd argue if a 40/50 million pound striker comes in then the logical player to sell is Watkins. With that being the case I wouldn't sign a striker this summer, I'd wait for the following summer and give the three we have a try then re evaluate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I wouldn't prioritise signing a striker at all, that money needs spending elsewhere in the team IMO.

I think the better question would be who do you get rid of if you sign any new number 9.

Watkins, Archer or Duran.

Archer has never had a chance, Duran has just been signed and Watkins is number one right now.

I'd argue if a 40/50 million pound striker comes in then the logical player to sell is Watkins. With that being the case I wouldn't sign a striker this summer, I'd wait for the following summer and give the three we have a try then re evaluate.

Gosl scoring wide man, 2 birds with 1 stone

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

think RB is going to be a must buy in the summer

100% although Cash played better today, he was still sloppy in possession and defensively at times. But of course as usual the loss is all Bailey and Buendia’s fault 🤦🏾‍♂️

I don’t think we are far away from a very good team. This is how I see us lining up for the first game next season. I predict 4 new starters. 

New

New     Carlos   Mings    Moreno

Luiz        Kamara

New                      Buendia 

New    Watkins 

João Pedro is the one to go for if Watford don't come up. 

Only 21 and has a very high ceiling. Plays as a support striker so would link with the midfield and compliment Watkins. Also works really hard off the ball and can dribble well 

Would be so much better than Bailey in that position

• Like 1

13 hours ago, av1 said:

I don’t think we are far away from a very good team. This is how I see us lining up for the first game next season. I predict 4 new starters. 

New

New     Carlos   Mings    Moreno

Luiz        Kamara

New                      Buendia 

New    Watkins 

Laughable you include Buendia in this. You’re right for the most part though. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

poor source but continuation of the current rumour going around that we are interested in Tammy.

Ekrem is the biggest BS merchant on Twitter. I expect he’s just copying other stuff now. I don’t think he’s capable of original thought. I wish pages like Total Villa wouldn't indulge the most tenuous of rumours and fake rubbish for clicks too. 

I think we will see a lot going on this summer. 

I'd not be surprised to see Martinez sold. Possibly Digne & Coutinho too along with some of the players out on loan.

Hopefully Carlos comes back and can partner Mings. I'd look at a new starting RB. Get that Bamba in as CB/CDM rotation, get in a new CM to start ahead of McGinn and challenge JJ for the spot, a proper winger with some pace and a forward. 

So, dependent on outgoings, I'd not be surprised to see 6-7 through the door with 5-6 out. 

It's about replacing what we have with better quality now. Emery has a clear identity he wants to stamp on this team and he will know who he needs. If a few big names are culled for that, I'm for it. 

• Like 1