Hakim Ziyech

maqroll

Get Gregg and the Athletic on the Banned sources list. 

Edit: on topic,  I'd take him as a loan if we can't get our first choice desired target for whatever reason. If we buy him I question if he'll maintain the motivation. A loan and he'd be working hard to earn his next contract, either with us or someone else. No obligation to buy either please. 

Chelsea look desperate to sell given the other purchases they've made and will want to recoup some profit on this guy while they can. That said, don't think we'd get a good deal for him and with no sell on recoverable, it's exactly the signing we done need to make.

Edited by MrBlack

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

If it isn’t Percy or Romano it’s a waste of time.

Almost but they are knock in merchants...

Gregg is just poor, I do feel sorry for him because he seems a decent chap but he has no more insight than any of us after having read his stuff for the last couple of years.  Maybe he should just report on what's already happened like matches rather than trying to look in the know because he struggles at that and loses credibility with the readers for his other good stuff.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Almost but they are knock in merchants...

Gregg is just poor, I do feel sorry for him because he seems a decent chap but he has no more insight than any of us after having read his stuff for the last couple of years.  Maybe he should just report on what's already happened like matches rather than trying to look in the know because he struggles at that and loses credibility with the readers for his other good stuff.

Yeah, I like Gregg but having followed his reporting my conclusions are as follows.

1. The Club run a tight ship and there are no leaks other than deliberate ones which as far as I'm aware seem to go to Percy.

2. Gregg does report good information about us when it is coming from the other club  involved. This is confined to other PL / Championship Clubs and basically is due to the Athletic staff in general. So Bednarek information coming from Southampton. Dendoncker and Luiz transfer from Wolves and Arsenal reporters etc..

3. We either get it out of the blue or via foreign media when we are signing players from other Leagues. This again is due to Villa running a tight ship in terms of information. 

The only links to us we get is from the other side of the deals be it clubs, agents, journalists. As we will always have multiple options for consideration for any position it's very difficult for us to work out who are the top targets for each position.

• Like 2

I don't think Gregg is a bad writer, I just think he's a very negative writer, which is hard to keep reading after a certain amount of time because it feels less like reporting and more like moaning. I found him difficult to connect with on the old Villa podcast on the Athletic too so wasn't surprised when that was closed. 

I find it more of a shame because Holly Percival was a really good writer and interested in the women's team too but seemed to be given very little opportunity to write about the club, even when Gregg was away and obviously Dan Bardell does have genuine insight into the club and goings on but other than hosting some episodes of the betting shows they never get him on. 

ANYWAY - ZIYECH

I argued about not really wanting this in the transfer thread a few days ago and I stick by that now. I think we're in with a shot of the European places but that's a long shot and I would rather we keep playing the guys that are in the squad so that they demand more value in the summer or get used to the tactics rather than bring in a short-term fix. If it was a loan to buy and Coutinho had a transfer lined up to go elsewhere I would be fully on board, but I doubt that is the case. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I'd prefer not take any of Chelsea's rejects, they have created a serious problem with the size of their squad and don't want us to help them out at all 

This is where I'm at. 

Chelsea need to just get stung now with their antics in the market. 

Â